Another SB question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@rocks82 , What's the lowest ohm build the regular SB can safely handle?
I know this was addressed to @rocks82, but I can share my experience with my Silver Bullet.

The regular Silver Bullet will be slightly limited by the wiring in the fire button, which sort of acts like a safety fuse/short circuit protection/amp overload. I've personally inadvertantly fired mine as low as 0.1 ohms when I had a loose positive post screw on my rda, but generally aim for 0.6 ohms as my personal sweet spot. I'm curious to hear what @rocks82 says...

I like the SB for its recessed side fire button. Side fire buttons seem more natural (how many regulated mods use a bottom fire button?).

A recessed side fire button is unlikely to inadvertently autofire from being pressed against an object in a pocket or purse.

I also like the fact that the fire switch is designed to be used as a ventilation outlet. If a battery vents in a SB, it releases gas via the fire switch. Most batteries vent from their top. Almost all other mods' vent holes are in the bottom cap. A venting battery can expand in diameter, blocking accumulating gas from being released from the bottom cap's vent holes -- causing a metal tube mod to become a pipe bomb.

I've been using a Silver Bullet for over three years.

Last edited:
Reactions: oplholik

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Thanks Bad. I had one years ago, but now kinda thinking of getting another. I don't do sub ohm, so I'm sure it will handle any build I use. I only have two mods that are bottom buttons, and much prefer the top side fire buttons.
When the hammer falls on us vapors, I want a stable of good reliable mech. mods. :)
What is the overall length of your SB?

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It measures 4 1/4 inches in length and just a tad longer than 1 inch diameter (25 mm).

To go back to your original question about lowest ohm the SB can use, the AltSmoke website states the following about the original Silver Bullet.

"When using RBA's on these devices, make sure that your RBA is properly built without shorts and that the battery you are using is able to handle the resistance. We do not recommend using atomizers on this device below 1.5ohms. - See more at: Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store

This unit was made to hold ONE Protected 18650 2400mAh Battery and this is the only battery that we recommend. AltSmoke LLC. will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a LI-ION battery. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly. - See more at:
Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store

**** PLEASE DO NOT USE UNPROTECTED BATTERIES IN THESE UNITS. Please note that while using two batteries in series (stacking) can increase chance of battery failure. If you decide to use this setup, please know that this is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK and is not recommended by AltSmoke, LLC. Special Note: Do not over-fasten atomizers, cartomizers, tanks, etc may cause damage to the center post of the device. This could cause damage to the device and may cause a short. This will cause the battery to discharge and may potentially cause the battery to vent. The device does have Vent Holes in case this happens. We do recommend properly storing the batteries when the device is not in use. - See more at:
Your Online Electronic Cigarette Store"
IMHO, Rob or Chad needs to update their recommendations concerning the batteries recommended for the Silver Bullet as this information is outdated by at least three years. Protected ICR batteries are now considered to be obsolete for mod use in the vaping community (Unprotected ICR batteries have NEVER been recommended, which I believe the above warnings addressed).

Battery technology has changed a lot in the last three years. Unprotected IMR (Li-Mn) batteries are now the safest batteries to be used in both mechanical and regulated mods. Battery Basics for Mods: A Definitive Guide for Mod Batteries

silverveing.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread