Another vaping conversion success story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
I have now introduced five people to vaping. Although the FDA hasn't approved vaporizing of nicotine solution as a smoking cessation aid, all five are virtually analog-free as of this writing.

I'm remodeling a basement here, and at Christmas I turned on both of my carpenters to vaping. They're both cigarette smokers. Back then I knew less about e-cigarettes than I do now, and gave them each an E9 kit with two batteries and plenty of cartomizers.

Both have since found a local source for cartomizers and batteries, both are virtually cigarette-free, both have introduced their wifes/girlfriends to vaping as an alternative to smoking.

Of the two, one still smokes...but he's down to a pack per week. Not bad! His wife smokes even less than that. The other carpenter was able to quit smoking and chewing/dipping tobacco.

Now, I'm not saying the e-cigarettes helped them quit. Lord knows I'd never make such an outlandish claim. Still, they're vaporizing...not combusting...their nicotine. I think it's a step in the right direction.

Another friend of mine recently hit a tough financial patch and was panicking, because he cannot afford his 1.5 ppd habit. He asked me to loan him a couple batteries and give him a few cartos, just so he wouldn't have to quit smoking cold turkey. He's vaping now, and his cigarette consumption has dropped to fewer than 10 per day, a 66.6% reduction in analog abuse. No, it wasn't the e-cig that helped him cut back, it's financial necessity. Thankfully, he now has a PV from which to get the nicotine he craves.

I'm so happy that I found vaping, and being able to help people I care about is icing on the cake.

*Disclaimer. The preceeding post expresses my opinion and is in no way to be considered or accepted as scientific fact. I am not a health care professional and therefore, make no claims regarding the efficacy or safety of e-smoking for any reason other than as an alternate mode of ingesting nicotine, and as a pleasant pastime and a way for adults to spend their money in an ostensibly free market.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Good on you! I'm happy to see you've had success turning people on to the wonderful world of vaping. I've only had luck with one person, and she was already interested - but not online - so I was able to help her with some juice sample packs and hardware options. I've tried with a couple family members but no go - even after I set them up with full starter kits and juices they just preferred thier smokes. I did get the kits back (as they were in a closet not being used) and hope to pass them on to someone more interested. There was a young man who came in to do copier maintenence at a job I was working yesterday - he smelled strongly of cigs, so I showed him my Riva and asked if he'd tried vaping yet - his response stumped me - he said he'd heard there were harmful chemicals in them, and didn't want to harm his lungs. I strongly dislike people 'soapboxing' me, so I didn't give hime the "there's 4000 harmful chemicals in..." speech. I did tell him that I was vaping PG, VG, nicotine and flavorings (none of the big D) and I really feel much better now - but I didn't push it. I think as time goes on more info will get out to the public and more people will explore the vaping option. For now though, I vape openly and am happy to answer questions when asked. My doctor was interested in recommending them to his smoking patients - he's sure pleased with the improvements to my lungs - no disclaimer needed lol :).

Anyway, that's my experience...maybe I'm not approaching it very well. I'm a dripper and that might look complicated - perhaps I should carry a carto to show people. But again, good on you! I feel so much better vaping, smell better, save money, all that good stuff - I want everyone to have those benefits! And I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread