Another way to mark flavors (on cart/atty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
1. Go to a craft shop and buy metallic paint pens (I used these: Dri Mark® Metallic Brush-Tip Markers – Set of 6 ~ Metallic ~ Markers)

2. Put a fully assembled e-cig (mine's a 510) into an electric drill, ideally one that lets you set a low speed (a power screwdriver would work too, if the chuck is big enough).

3. Lay the drill down flat (for stability), pick the color of your choice, steady your pen hand on the same surface the drill's laying on, start the drill, and put the tip of the pen on the part of the atty or cart you want to mark with a nice neat ring with a satin sheen that looks like it was built in.

P.S. The brand of pen I linked to is a "brush" pen, which means you can make a really fine line or a thicker stripe, depending on how much pressure you use.

P.P.S. This probably works best for people who use flavors that can be associated with the colors of silver, gold, green, blue and two shades of reddish-purple. I'm using red(ish) for cinnamon, blue for mint and planning to use green for kiwi and gold for caramel when they arrive today or tomorrow.

P.P.P.S. I don't know how long the markings will last, or how to remove them. I assume they're not nearly as permanent as the really cool etching mod someone else posted, and that I might have done myself if I had a steady hand and decent penmanship.

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
uhm... interesting method...
i actually though of doing something like that
If you do, you might want to try something other than the markers I bought.

Unfortunately, they appear to be PG-soluble. :oops:

One of my marks is still going strong, but the others have faded or gone. If someone wants to try it, I'd suggest marking the atty right in the middle (away from fingers and the cart connection), and marking carts as far from the atty connection as is feasible (on whistle tips, as close to the bevel as possible). But if liquid starts leaking, there's still a good chance it'll smudge the lines.

I'd guess model paint or car touch-up paint with a fine-tip brush would work pretty well, although I can't vouch for the longevity (and it's a lot more involved than whipping out a magic marker).

Another idea is pinstripe tape (found at auto stores, and hobby shops that deal in models). I haven't got any yet, but I'm thinking about it. I can't seem to find any in green, which would be a really handy color.

1. Go to a craft shop and buy metallic paint pens (I used these:

2. Put a fully assembled e-cig (mine's a 510) into an electric drill, ideally one that lets you set a low speed (a power screwdriver would work too, if the chuck is big enough).

3. Lay the drill down flat (for stability), pick the color of your choice, steady your pen hand on the same surface the drill's laying on, start the drill, and put the tip of the pen on the part of the atty or cart you want to mark with a nice neat ring with a satin sheen that looks like it was built in.

P.S. The brand of pen I linked to is a "brush" pen, which means you can make a really fine line or a thicker stripe, depending on how much pressure you use.

P.P.S. This probably works best for people who use flavors that can be associated with the colors of silver, gold, green, blue and two shades of reddish-purple. I'm using red(ish) for cinnamon, blue for mint and planning to use green for kiwi and gold for caramel when they arrive today or tomorrow.

P.P.P.S. I don't know how long the markings will last, or how to remove them. I assume they're not nearly as permanent as the really cool etching mod someone else posted, and that I might have done myself if I had a steady hand and decent penmanship.

I'm not sure I understand. You are marking the atty and the cart for the flavor. You would have to have alot of atty's to do that. I have several flavors.

What I did was buy a bead box that has 12 square compartments and label each compartment for the flavor of the cart used. That way I don't always have to have a fresh cart when I want to use a different flavor. Many carts fit into each section. If I acquire a new flavor and I run out of room I can put 2 different carts in each section and label it in the compartment. I just make sure that they are opposites so I can tell them apart- like a fruit with a tobacco in a section.

It works for me.

~Paula

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I started trying to mark / label different carts and atts but everything comes off if you get juice on it. (And we're smoking this stuff) :lol:

I just keep the cart attached to the atty I'm using. If I have three different flavors or blends going at once I can tell the difference by smeel or cold drawing on the cart.
Watermelon is definately different than the Taboo/Riskee or the menthol.

I do have quite a few carts and atts though and I'm always cleaning both/all so it's almost always a fresh cart and att each change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread