Got my drip tips! .... thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kase

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Everett WA
www.myspace.com
Thanks Mark, I got my dripper tips yesterday. Using @ 6 volts with SLB atty. These things are awesome, the o ring makes for a tighter seal than any gutted cart or rubber pen grip for sure. It looks great too, I got two black ones, one for me and one for my mama. Haven't been able to give her hers yet, but she'll love it too I bet.

One thing, is theres some marring in the tip on mine, like a lump of metal which doesn't seem to be a big deal, other than emulating the look of pooled juice, thus making me think there's juice in the tip a bit.

One other note with the tips. I think they could stand to have a bigger hole. The current sized hole really encourages the juice to pool in the tip and you have to blow it down, which can cause the atomizer to flood (due to the awesome air tight seal from the O ring) or cause you to get juice in your mouth. If you blow at the juice bubble from a distance it pours down the sides, so you have to put your mouth on it. I think a slightly bigger hole would really solve this problem. I've been thinking about modding it by boring it out with a drill or dremel or something, which would of course ruin the slick finish on the inside.

Other than that, the tip is awesome. Feels good in the mouth, and is a nice short size (about half as long as a 510 cart). These tips are great though, and I really like the air tight seal you get with the rubber o ring.

:D

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
I just got mine too, and a couple of them have the lump in the inside lip of the mouth piece, like it was not finished correctly. I also agree the hole is a tad small, I have to drip then wait for a few mins for it to run down, even thump the side a bit. I do like having an alternative to the plastic (don't miss that melted plastic taste), and the colors are awesome.

LostInDaJungle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
I got mine with my mini vape stack... No lumps.

The juice does tend to stay in the hole, especially if the atty is already wet, but just a quick short "blow" into the e-cig fixes it rather easily. Doesn't have to be hard, just a light blow. Might be a problem if you flood your atty, so don't flood your attys. Problem solved.

I've noticed that it's more of a problem if the atty is already "full" and you're trying to squeeze one more drop in there. If the atty is flooded, you can't really blame the liquid for not going down. The wick is already full so it doesn't draw the liquid down.

Unless you're using auto batteries, it shouldn't be a big deal to lightly blow down in there, and if some juice comes out of the atty at the other end, it's a sign that you had too much in there to start with. Someone over on the Nu-Vapor forum said he reamed his out a bit with a drill... I'm not sure it's worth going to that effort. :) I've been using the Vape Stack for a day now and it's already second nature to blow after I drip. I find 4 drips is what a dry 510 will take if that helps.

I think it's kinda cool when the liquid sits in a perfect little bead and slowly sinks into the tip. Watching it is kinda like a little 20 second moment of Zen at my desk. It would suck if I was driving, but dripping and driving don't mix.

kase

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Everett WA
www.myspace.com
No, they're straight. A bit of a bevel right up top, then straight all the way through. I also don't agree with the flooded atty idea Lost, it shouldn't matter, and if you want to flood your atty, you should be able to. The tip should stop with enough room for the juice to drip in without wicking being necessary, so that idea doesn't work for me, not to mention it happens the same with a 510 atomizer with the wick and bridge removed. So I really don't think its that. Its that the hole is too small.

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
It does seem to stay in the top but what I do is tap the top with my finger and it goes right on down. I also tilt it at a slight angle and that seems to help it out. I have to tip my other drip tips from another supplier but I love the fact that this one matches my VapeStack. Now I just need to get a blue atty and it will be complete.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
I have to agree on the problem with the metal drip tips. Mine has a lip at the atty end that may be the problem. I think I'll try to drill it out tomorrow.

I've been using the delrin drip tips since they first came out. No problems with the liquid going through. The best thing about the delrin ones though is they don't get hot like the metal ones do when you're hitting 'em hard.

If your delrin tip gets too hot - put the PV down and back away slowly 8-o

LostInDaJungle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
Hmmm, I'll recant. I used a different flavor in a different bottle that had a slightly larger dripper, and the juice just would not flow. This was with one of my thinnest juices too. (Dekang RY4)

Now we know the size of the "drop" plays a factor at least. The juice that shipped with my order went down fine even though it was a thicker liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread