Anthony Vapes: Coil Art Azeroth Sqounk Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Coil Art Azeroth Sqounk Kit. Disclaimer: This kit was sent to me from Coil Art for the purpose of this review.

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Coil Art Azeroth Sqounk Kit is a Kit that includes the Dpro RDA in matching color. The Mod itself is a single 20700 battery mechanical mod compatible with an 18650 battery via the included adapter. While a lot of single battery sqounk mods are taking the 3d printed route, the azeroth is a solid metal mod with an anodized aluminum frame. It’s available in 6 colors each with the matching RDA. Purple, Blue, Red, SS, Golden, and black. Each with black panels and carbon fiber look on the outside.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 85.5mm x 50mm x 27mm
  • Compatiable with 18650, 20700 and 21700 battery
  • 7ml food grade silicone bottle
  • Aluminium anodizing body
  • 24K gold plated fire connection
  • Intelligent ultem fire button
  • Carbon fiber plate
  • Internal self-adjustable connect pin
  • Features self-adjusting battery contact
  • Color: Black, Red, Silver, Golden, Blue, Purple
Included in box:
  • 1XAzeroth Squonk Mod
  • 1XSquonk Bottle
  • 1X18650 Battery Cover
  • 1XDPRO RDA
  • 2XFused Clapton Coil
  • 2XOrganic Cotton
  • 1XAccessories Bag
Pictures
Stock Shot colors:
0001085_xmas-sale-coilart-azeroth-squonk-kit-red.jpeg

Size comparisons
m8LnsFD.jpg

7rFZWGy.jpg

Internals:
ICuqDRe.jpg

Internals with battery and bottle:
M80Q9pM.jpg

Top View 510 pin:
1hQ4R77.jpg

Back View:
gJZnMZ0.jpg

Front View:
K5KaDRK.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and design of it. I purchased a Pulse Mod as well so i can have a comparison of the 2. The azeroth has obviously more weight then a 3D printed box but also feels a lot more durable. The anodized finish looks great and won’t wear off. The Battery Fits in great using a 20700 battery and the adapter works well for 18650 battery use. Overall really enjoyed it from the go.

Performance
Being it’s a mech mod there isn’t a lot to test. I couldn’t test true Drop as i’d have to rig up a set-up to do so and since I don’t have any others to review of this kind, it didn’t feel worth the time. It feels like it hits harder than the pulse for sure so what i measured was drop + sag from the battery. The load (resistance) was .2 ohms On the Azeroth I got 3.57 volts with a freshly charged Efest 5 leg 20700 battery (which according to mooch is a 30 amp CDR battery and same cell as the 5 leg ijoy). Measuring the Pulse I got 3.44 Volts. So at that load the difference was .13 volts or roughly 5 more watts from the azeroth then the pulse making it a better performer. I took the measurement with a Multimeter instead of using the oscilloscope. I picked .2 as it’s a good resistance to build for safely on a single battery mech with room to spare and the area where most people will build. With the efest battery that’s roughly 64 watts so should help people as a reference point of where to build using steam engine as a guide and 64 watts as a heat flux and .2 ohms as a resistance.

Other Usage Notes
The included sqounk bottle is a nice soft silicon bottle with good threading on the cap and a large 7ml capacity. The Ultem fire button feels nice and has a good amount of resistance to it where it won’t be accidentally pressed but not too hard to press on purpose. The sqounking Mechanism works great and it doesn't take much effort to squeeze juice into the RDA. The battery sled is nice and easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps. I don’t have a 21700 battery to test but they claim it can take one and I think there is enough spring in the contacts to accommodate it. The battery was designed to go positive down but can be used either way. I’d recommend just following the manufacturers guideline and using it positive side down. The mod is solid with no rattle and the battery door fits great and the magnets are just the right amount of strong. The sqounk hole in the door is nice and large with no sharp edges. Now the small issues i’ve found. Like any mech it does need to be cleaned. Boxes like this were not designed to be taken apart. The small gap between the switch and the 510 pin tends to get juice in it from what appears to be from sqounking. The bottle tube isn’t super tight on the BF 510 so some juice goes up the side of it between the fire button and the 510. I’ve found the best way to clean is by wrapping a paper towel around the 510 and sliding it up between the switch and pulling back and forth. You will need to clean this often or it can lead to gunking up the connection. I’d recommend doing this daily each night. There is also no locking mechanism and while it would be hard to fire by accident in a pocket, it’s not impossible so I would have liked to see a lock personally.

Dpro
This kit come with a Dpro RDA. I’ve already reviewed it here https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...dpro-rda-written-review.826297/#post-20000817 so see that link for the RDA review. No reason to repeat it. I will say the coloring on the RDA is fantastic though since This kit came with a red one.

Pros:
  • Well built
  • Performs better than the pulse mod
  • Affordable
  • Unique design
  • Durable
  • Great Sqounk Bottle Included
  • Ultem Fire Button
  • Lightweight
  • Battery door is great
  • Color Options
Cons:
  • Juice builds up on the inside between switch and 510 and needs regular cleaning
  • No locking Mechanism
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this leans heavily towards the yes but with the disclaimer that it isn’t for beginners as you should have an understanding of battery safety and how to build for a mech prior to having one. With that said mech sqounk boxes have gained popularity and it’s nice to see a well built good performing metal box at an affordable price over the super expensive 3d printed ones and even the cheaper 3d printed ones. As far as the RDA goes you can see my link above for a full review and decide if it’s worth the extra money.

Coil art has it currently listed on sale for 70 for the kit or 60 for the mod in all colors. I have no affiliation with this site but breezy (US site) has the mod currently for 40 bucks in black or red here Coilart Azeroth Squonk Box Mod - Coilart I Vape Hardware I Breazy.com

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Coil Art for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread