Anthony Vapes: Geekvape Loop RDA Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Geekvape Loop rda, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links and a giveaway

Introduction:
The Geekvape Loop rda is the latest rda from longtime popular vape manufacturer Geekvape. It’s a primarily dual coil RDA with a 24mm diameter and included sqounk pin. It’s available in 4 colors, Black, SS, Gold, and Gunmetal. All 4 come with ultem Drip tips but the gunmetal has a lime green to match the trim and the black has a clear back one.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 5mm Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Unique W-Shaped Build Deck
  • Spacious Postless, Four Terminals Design
  • Side-Secured via Flathead Slotted Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Single or Dual Coil Configurations
  • Adjustable Dual Slotted Side Airflow
  • Redirect Upwards for Bottom Airflow Experience
  • 810 ULTEM Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Gold-Plated Squonk BF 510 Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Black
Included in box:
  • 1 Geekvape Loop RDA
  • 1 510 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Gold-Plated Positive BF Pin
  • 1 Allen Key
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA I was pretty happy with the design of it. It’s a postless build deck essentially and people who follow my reviews, know i love postless decks. The “W” Design of the deck and being raised off the bottom seems like a great idea for easy dripping/sqounking. It’s a side airflow if you look at it form the outside, but really is a bottom airflow when you break it down which i’ll explain more a little later. It’s geekvape so you get the typical accessories of an 810 tip, 510 tip, and 510 adapter. Overall I was really impressed from the start with this RDA i hadn’t heard much about.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s made for dual coils. There is an air option to close off 1 side for a single coil mode, but I didn’t use it and wouldn’t really bother using a single coil in this RDA. The deck when broken down to basic concepts, is a postless deck as far as building goes, but it’s much more than that. The “W” design of the deck channels the air from the side on the outside to be under the coils and also acts as a guide on where to put the coils. I know stock photos show coils high-up, don’t do that, install them right in the middle over the air like my build picks above. Each coil can be installed separately and each gets their own hole so it’s not hard to build on, but since it is like a postless deck, you do need to precut the leads. The post screws are good quality flat head grub screws, i would have preferred hex personally but flat head is ok as well. The spares are also flat head.

Wicking is pretty easy as well, just drop it down the sides into the juice well which is nice and deep. It’s an RDA so no tips or tricks needed.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RDA only. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, 1 more fancy, and one more simple round wire (22G kanthal). All Builds 2mm-3.5mm ID. I felt 3mm was the best, you can go bigger if you want to raise the coils higher, but tucking a 3mm coil right in the middle was where the best flavor was at for me. The smaller ones worked good to, but there is a good amount of air so i really recommend the 3mm ID coils. Flavor was on point as well. One of the best i’ve had and likely is going to be in my “best of” for 2018 at the end of the year. It’s a full DTL vape for sure. Plenty of air, but not as airy as a bonza or drop. A little less than those. Very impressed with the flavor I get and you don’t need a massive build in, a medium to large build works great

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side airflow RDA from the outside, but channeled on the bottom on the inside. The AFC is smooth, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off because it’s in the middle of the RDA. It’s free spin and not on a stopper. It comes with a standard ultem 810 tip a delrin 510 tip and a 510 adapter. The RDA never gets hot but can get a little warm chain vaping at high watts. The juice well is really deep and thanks to the “W” design you can drip right down the middle from the drip tip without popping the cap and it’ll channel the juice right into the well. It’s really deep listed at 5mm and you can easily just squeeze juice into it. No need to count drops or anything. It has great over drip/ over sqounk protection. The Geekvape Loop RDA comes with a sqounk pin as well to use as a sqounker. There are notches in the RDA to line up the top cap air and keep it in place.

As I’ve come to expect from geekvape, The quality is good and the o-ring feels like the right size. Easy to get the top on or off and to adjust air, but not loose at all. It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods. I also experienced no issue with whistling or loud airflow either. It’s a pretty quiet RDA.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 810 Drip tip, 510 drip tip, and 510 tip adapter
  • good quality grub screws (flat head)
  • price point (under 25 bucks)
  • color options
  • Massive juice well
  • standard 510 pin and sqounk pin included
  • easy to adjust airflow
  • good over-drip and over sqounk protection
  • easy to drip down the middle to refill
  • excellent flavor
  • Postless Deck
Cons:
  • Not for new builders due to needing to pre-cut leads
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one i’m going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. If you like building postless decks and are looking for a dual coil RDA, the loop does it all. I wouldn’t recommend it for new builders because there are easier decks to learn on, but outside of that, it’s an excellent RDA for flavor, sqounking, and dripping. And at 25 bucks from elementvape and with geekvape quality well worth it for sure. If you are in the market for an RDA, give this one a look. I’ll be adding it to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

It can be purchased here for 24.95 Geek Vape LOOP 24mm RDA | Vape Rebuildables

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Elementvape

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Could you tell, what score if loop vs drop according to flavour, simplicity for beginner? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
IDk they are pretty similar in both regards

Excellent read thanks. Have always liked the deck on the Loop. Stays on list.
thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread