Anthony Vapes: Rincoe Manto X and Rincoe Manto S Mods Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Rincoe Manto X and Manto S mods. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is not marked as a sample.

Introduction:
The Manto X and Manto S are the latest mods from somewhat new manufacturer Rincoe. They have not been around a long time and started in 2018 with a pod system the ceto. Then they made the Manto kit which that manto mod was very good. Now they have 2 newer versions with the Manto X and the Manto S mods. Both are very similar and they have the same chip so i’m going to do them both in 1 review. The Manto X is available in 4 colors Black, Blue, Grey, and Red. The Manto S is available in 16 colors most of them with some pretty crazy designs, i have the black and green splatter one personally. Looking around online i see the Manto X in the 26-35 USD price range and about 36-50 in the kit version. For the Manto S I see it around 18.50 to 28 USD for the mod and about 28-40 USD for the kit so pretty dirt cheap prices on the mod.

Manufacturer's Specs: Manto X
  • Dimensions - 75mm by 40mm by 37mm
  • Dual 18650 High-Amp Batteries - Not Included
  • Maximum Wattage Output: 1-228W
  • Maximum Voltage Output: 8.0V
  • Resistance Range:
  • Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
  • Zinc Alloy Chassis Construction
  • VW Mode
  • TC Mode
  • TCR Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • Heat Ventilation Holes
  • Bottom Hinged Battery Door
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • Available in Red, Gunmetal, Black, Blue
Manufacturer's Specs: Manto S
  • Dimensions - 70mm by 40mm by 37mm
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Wattage Output Range: 1-228W
  • Max Output Voltage: 8.0V
  • Max Output Current: 50A
  • Temperature Control Range: 100°-300°C / 200°-600°F
  • Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohms
  • Ni200, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
  • TCR Mode
  • Bypass Mode
  • Power Mode
  • Lightweight PC Construction
  • Oversized Firing Button
  • Magnetic Battery Door
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • 10 Seconds Cut Off
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Overheating Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Micro USB Cable
  • Available in 16 colors
Included in box:
  • 1 Mod
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Instructional Manual
  • 1 Warranty Card
  • 1 Certificate Card
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got these mods i was interested to see how they were going to go as the original manto they made was a very nice mod. What we got here though is completely different and really would have benefited from a different name as they are nothing like the original. These 2 new mods have the same chip and form factor which is similar to the asmodus minikin V2 and smoant battlestar. It was cool to see some mods with this form factor as they aren’t made much anymore. The 2 are slightly different. The X has a metal body and is a little smaller and can handle a 30mm atomizer without overhang and has a bottom latch battery door. The S is much more like the minikin 2, it features a PC (poly-carbonate) body with a rubberized coating and a magnetic black plate battery door and is slightly bigger. Overall i did like the size and form factors of the mods.

Watt Mode Performance (chart and spreadsheet in picture album)
Now let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. I used Sony VTC5A batteries for the testing. Since they use the same chip i only ran the testing on one mod which was the Manto S. Testing resistances were done at .13, .16, .21, and .63 ohms. wattage points were max (228), 200, 150, 100, 75, 50 and 25. At .13 ohms it maxed out at 165 watts and 36 amps. For the rest of the testing it struggled quite a bit. At 100+ it was 7-43 watts low but under 100 3-5 watts low. many mods struggle at that resistance so normally not a major deal but the struggle on this one was worse than many. At .16 it maxed out at 166 watts. The rest of the testing it again struggled at 100+ it was 10-54 watts low and under 100 3-7 watts low. For the .21 test it maxed out at 171 watts. For the rest of the tests again struggled at 100+ it was 3-46 watts low and under 100 3-7 watts low. For the .63 testing it maxed out at 94 watts and 7.679 volts. For the rest of the testing slightly high 3-6 watts except 25 where it was on point. The volts shows there is no boost circuit like Most dual battery mods.

Overall I felt the performance of this mod was below average. It struggled at all the resistances from .21 and lower and really struggles at anything over 100 watts. I was able to get 171 watts max, so I consider it to be grossly overrated at 228 watts. The 7.679 volt limit shows there is no boost circuit. Their manual lists the max output Volts at 8 which is good in my book as a non boost circuit mod. I could get closer to that with a higher resistance coil so good rating on the volts. They list an amp limit of 50 amps, on this mod and the most amps i got was 36 with a .13 ohm coil which is a below average for a dual battery mod (average is around 40 these days give or take a couple of amps) so really a bit on the lower end of the average. Acceptable but not great and grossly overrated again. I’m glad they listed all 3 but it’s bad that 2 of them are grossly overrated. Personally If i was listing the specs I’d call the mod 170 watts, 8V and 36A. So overall not a good performer and very poor ratings on the amps and watts.

Simplified TLDR Power Performance summary
Mod performance is below average these days. Overrated for watts (171), No boost circuit, Overrated amp limit of 36 (rated at 50). Volts tested at 7.679. Really struggled with the .21 ohm resistance and lower.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire and TCR mode set to 92, I tested 8 builds. 2 simple round single coil, 2 simple round dual Coil, 2 large fancy single coils builds, and 1 large fancy dual coil build, and the SS904 coils on the crown 4 (TCR set to 85 for that). Personally accuracy wise it felt ok with the high point of a vape being a little warm in the 430-450 f range. Sadly that is the only thing good i can say about this TC. it’s pretty inconsistent but mostly just cuts off hard even with a fully saturated coil it barely producing any vapor once going into temp protect. It’s a huge step down from their first mod which did a good job in TC. this one is at best lackluster and inconsistent. Not a good mod for TC at all so overall a fail for me

Menu system and Operation
The mod uses a standard 5 click of the fire button to turn on and off. The menu system is pretty basic but decent enough. You click fire 3 times to enter the menu mode where the mode you are in flashes at the top. From there you can cycle the modes using the up and down buttons and press fire to accept. The mod cycles modes as power (VW), bypass, Ni, Ti, SS, and TCR. there are no preheats or watt curve modes for this mod. Up and down lock the adjustment buttons but the mod can still fire. When in temp mode Fire and down lets you adjust the wattage (full wattage allowed) and when in TCR mode you can hold fire and up to adjust the TCR so overall good enough job on the menu though a few extra features would have been nice like at least some pre-heat options. The mod adjusts by .1 watt increments under 100 watts and full watt increments 100 or more. If you hold the adjustment button it does full watts as well and scrolls pretty fast. Overall well done there and fast and easy to adjust. It does round robin as well.

Manto X Details
The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and has a nice weight to it where it’s not heavy but not light. Feels really good in the hand. I do like the battlestar like shape as well personally but that’s a personal preference thing. It is really quite small though (I wouldn’t call it the smallest like they do) and can handle a 30mm atomizer without overhang. It does wobble ever so slightly though. The Battery door is a standard bottom latch and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes (2)18650 batteries. I had no issues opening or closing the latch and it works well

The paint on the mod is not very nice. I mean it looks nice but i have a lot of chips in mine already. I didn’t drop this mod either so not sure why it’s chipping already. You can see the chips in some of the pics. They should have done a better job with the paint. The fire button is nice large and clicky fire button shaped like a trapezoid on the front of the mod. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be and is really comfy to use and quite large. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles a 30mm atomizer flush so good enough there to accommodate most atomizers these days. The screen is a decent sized (i’m estimating at 1”) rectangle black and white screen that looks ok. Sadly it’s not very bright due to having a tinted window over it. It’s much dimmer than the S version I’ll go over below which does not have a tinted window over it. Also for branding the mod itself there 0 visible branding so well done there. It’s only on the bottom of the mod. They don’t list a charging rate but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods like these so I don’t test charge rates of devices like this due to that.

Manto S Details
The mod itself is built solid with no rattle at all, and is very lightweight due to being a rubberized PC body and the shape and soft coating feels really good in the hand. The Battery door is a standard magnetic back plate and It’s easy to get batteries in and out without damaging wraps and takes (2)18650 batteries. The back plate fits really well with no play and the batteries come out and in easy with a ribbon to help. It’s a thick PC door so doesn't need any coating for extra protection.

The paint on the mod is really nice as well. As i mentioned earlier it has a nice rubberized finish to it and reminds me a lot of the minikin V2. There are a ton of options and while personally i’m not a fan of most of them I do like the black and green splatter color i wound up with. looking at the pics i do like a few of the colors and others not so much but everyone is different and there are tons of choices. The fire button is nice large and clicky fire button shaped like a hexagon and on the front of the mod. It works well and It never gets stuck or anything though which is as it should be and is really comfy to use and a good size. The 510 pin gave me no issues and every atomizer i used on it worked great with no gaps. The mod handles around a 28mm atomizer flush so good enough there to accommodate most atomizers these days. Not 30mm capable like the X version though. The screen is a decent sized (i’m estimating at 1”) rectangle black and white screen that looks ok. It’s quite bright as well unlike the X version because there is no tinted screen over this one. Also for branding the mod itself there 0 visible branding and not even any on the bottom so well done there. They don’t list a charging rate but i don’t recommend charging internally in your mods like these so I don’t test charge rates of devices like this due to that.

Pros: Both
  • good build quality
  • batteries are easy to get in and out without damaging wraps
  • handles 26+mm atomizers without overhang
  • easy to adjust wattage quickly
  • color options
  • Easy to use Menu
  • nice fire button
  • accurate rating for Volts
  • Really cheap pricing
  • good 510 pin
  • nice lack of branding
Cons: Both
  • Power mode performance is subpar
  • Overrated for watts
  • Overrated amp limit
  • Poor TC performance
Extra Pros: Manto X
  • can handle 30mm atomizer without overhang
Extra Pros: Manto S
  • Nice bright screen
  • nice rubber coating and paint job
Extra Cons: Manto X
  • Paint Chipping
  • Dim screen
Extra Cons: Manto S
  • none
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend these mods or not? Well let's get the easy thing out of the way and i have to lean towards no for both. The performance really isn’t there and they aren’t worth of being on my list. Now with that out of the way, while i wouldn’t bother with the X at all as i feel the S is basically just a better version of it since it is so dirt cheap and if you are tight for money the fact I found it for sub 20 bucks means that at least at that price it’s a decent buy if you can’t afford a better mod. So if you only have 20 bucks to spend and need a new mod the Manto S is decent enough to get you by but outside of that I wouldn’t recommend either of these. I won’t be adding them to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Rincoe

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread