Anthony Vapes: Vaptio Wall Crawler Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Vaptio Wall Crawler Kit.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Vaptio

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Vaptio Wall Crawler Kit is a new mod and tank from vaptio. The Mod itself is a single 18650 “pico styled” Mod with a large color screen and tons of features. Originally was going to be named the Iron Spider it’s pretty heavily designed for spiderman fans which I am quite the comic book fan myself. The whole mod is designed to look like spidermans suit complete with the logo on the back. Hell take a look at their site and see all the spiderman references here The included tank is the throne tank which is a medium to low watt tank with a .25 ohm coil good at 40-70 watts and a 1.2ohm coil good at 10-20 watts.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Tank size: 23.5 x 54.9mm
  • E-liquid capacity: 2.0ml
  • Mod size: 73 x 50 x 28.5mm
  • Screen: 1.3 inch color screen
  • Wattage: 7-80w
  • Resistance range: 0.05-2.0 ohm
  • Battery form factor: Single 18650
Included in box:
  • Throne Sub Ohm Tank
  • Wall Crawler 80W Mod
  • User manual
  • USB cable
  • 1* Throne D1 coil, 0.25ohm
  • 1* Throne D2 coil, 1.2ohm
Pictures and test results
Chart:

zNmL5mu.png

Spreadsheet:

urfDrQ2.png

Stock Shot Colors:

WALL_CRAWLER_KIT-THRONE_TANK_5.width-2560.jpg

Size comparisons

BFmQn65.jpg

UurzjHs.jpg

yIzX9UU.jpg

pE5b4A8.jpg

mqemgGd.jpg

211jv1a.jpg

Handcheck:

6PznOTs.jpg

Internal 510 pin

h2izsKy.jpg

Logo

lpLl6SI.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, Like most people will probably think pico. It’s another of the pico inspired single battery mods to hit the market. Wouldn’t surprise me if everyone company has one at some point by the end of 2018. We already seen smok and vaporesso make one in 2017. This one however like the pico 25 can handle a 25mm atomizer. The next thing i thought was spiderman. Seriously the whole mod is themed that way right down to the logo on back. Where it separates itself from the competitors though is it has a large color screen, easy adjust front facing buttons and a fire bar. The throne tank is a pretty heavy and solid built tank and looks great. I’m guessing it’s called the throne because the top cap looks like a crown. The come in matching colors with the mod.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .12 , .16, .21, and .52 ohms. wattage points were max (80), 60, 40, and 20. At .12 ohms it maxed out at 72 watts and 25 amps. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 2 watts.. At .16 it maxed out at 75 watts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 6 watts. For the .21 test it maxed out at 76 watts. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 8 watts. For the .52 testing it maxed out at 79 watts and 6.417 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 12 watts. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in this mod like most single battery mods.

Overall i found this to be a good performer in power mode. It’s got decent accuracy but the higher resistance it tends to hit more on the high side so you’ll have to dial down the watts a little. It does meet the 80 watts it claims pretty much (79) i’m not one to argue over 1 watt. Also the max specs fall in line with the rest of my tests on other single battery mods so no complaints there. The mod and chip itself handled my stress testing very well. It didn’t get hot at all. One of the cooler running mods out there. Output was smooth and consistent the whole time.

This mod also has preheat settings (normal, soft, and hard) as well as full watt curve mode and they all work as they should.

Temperature Control Performance
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode, I tested 4 builds a single round spaced, a dual round spaced, a fancy single, and a fancy smaller dual coil build. Overall this mod worked really in temp control. Probably the best so far i’ve had for a single battery non DNA mod. You can’t adjust the power at all but ramp up is fast, no dry hits, smooth vape doesn't throttle hard. Pretty much everything you want in temp control. It also feels pretty accurate i like a warm vape and i get that around 450F. I think most will find their ideal temp in the 400-480F range. There is also a temp curve mode which i still don’t get what people would use that mode for.

Other Usage Notes
Very important to read this! Now the manual it comes with tells you how to navigate the mod but doesn’t really explain much. In the menu there is an “Inner resistance” sub menu. Prior to using this the mod was reading resistances off a little (.03-.04 high) and also had issues in TC mode (either no vapor or no cutting off) after going into the “inner resistance” it fixed both these issues and the TC worked great and the power mode read resistances accurately.

The mod uses the pico style body with the battery cap on top but can handle 25mm atomizers. The threading on the battery cap is ok. Not bad but not great. The mod itself is built solid. No button rattle or anything. It features a large color screen and nice fire bar. The 510 is great. Pictured above you can see the internals and it’s secured from the inside and properly grounded. It gave me no issues with any atomizer i used on it. The screen is a large square color screen and looks great.

Usage is simple. 5 clicks to turn it on or off. 3 clicks to enter the menu and up and down to navigate. Really intuitive and easy to use. There is also a theme setting so possible they will update with different backgrounds and such but as it stands currently just the default one.

Throne Tank
Lets talk about the throne tank now. The tank itself is beautiful I have a black one with gold accents. The quality is excellent all the threading is smooth. It uses a standard 510 drip tip and has bottom airflow with nice knurling so it’s easy to adjust. The fill method is like most vaptio tanks which means you fill into the glass directly and it has a rubber plug. And like all the one’s with a plug i remove it. IDK why the plug exists it just makes filling harder. I know it’s to prevent leaks when filling but seriously just use a standard top fill design. The tank itself actually has a JFC so you can close it when not in use if you want to. I got no leaks at all leaving it open. It uses a pop in coil system where the coil can be replaced with a full tank since the JFC closes it off when you take the top off. The pre-installed coil took the strength of 1000 gods for me to remove it. The replacement coil went in and out much easier though

As far as coils go, they aren’t cross compatible with any tanks i’m aware of. There are 2 options a .25ohm and a 1.2 ohm. The .25ohm says best 40 to 60. The 1.2ohm says best 15-20. Personally either of the coils were good to me. I ran about 5 tanks through each and never got any decent flavor. They all had a funny somewhat burnt taste from the start that never went away.

Overall great tank that just needs better coils and a better fill method. So obviously for me it’s still a fail because for tanks the coil performance is the biggest thing especially if there aren’t any other good compatible coils

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • temp performance
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Spiderman Design
  • color options
  • standard 510 tip on tank
  • great 510 pin on mod
  • Watt Curve Mode
  • handles 25mm atomizers
  • Small Portable Design
  • Tank has great build quality
  • Large Color Screen
  • Easy to use Menu
  • Tank can change coils while full
Cons:
  • had to run the “Inner resistance” to get mod to perform correctly
  • Coils for the tank were bad
  • Top Fill method of the rubber ring
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? For the mod it’s going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s a great mod overall if you like the superhero theme of it. I’m loving finding all these single battery options so i have more to recommend. The tank obviously gets a hard no. If your in the market for a single battery mod this is a great choice. The mod will be added to my spreadsheet.

Where to buy
Vaptio has the mod itself for 44.99 here

They also have it in a kit with the frogman XL (a much better tank than the throne) for 59.99 here

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Reactions: hairtrigga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread