Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Voopoo Too Kit

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Voopoo

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Voopoo Too kit is the latest products form Voopoo a company that has grown quite a solid rep since 2017 for making quality affordable mods. The Voopoo Too mod is a dual 18650 mod that can run off 1 battery as well and has an interesting door design. The Kit comes with the new Uforce Sub ohm tank. The mod is available in 2 frame colors (silver and black) and 4 door options for each frame color (Dazzle, Ditch Dark, Raisin, and Turquoise) The tank comes in 2 colors Black and Silver and the kit has the tank that matches the frame.

Manufacturer's Specs: Mod
  • Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
  • Optional Single 18650 Platform
  • Maximum Wattage Output - Dual 18650: 180W
  • Maximum Wattage Output - Single 18650: 80W
  • Output Voltage Range: 5-8.5V
  • Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
  • Temperature Range: 200-600F
  • Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
  • Comprehensive TCR Adjustments
  • SOFT Mode
  • Highly Advanced US GENE Fun Chip
  • CNC Precision Milled
  • High-Quality Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Leather Embedded Exterior Battery Cover - Fully Interchangeable
  • Sharp Lines and Sleek Design
  • Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
  • Oversized Circular Firing Mechanism
  • Dual Adjustment Buttons
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Over-Temperature Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Overtime Protection
  • Output Over-Current Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over Discharge Protection
  • Low Battery Warning
  • MicroUSB Port - Firmware Upgrades
  • 510 Connection
  • Available in Dazzle, Pitch Dark, Raisin, Turquoise
Manufacturer's Specs: Tank
  • 24.6mm Tank Diamenter
  • 3.5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • UFORCE OCC Coil Technology
  • 0.4ohm U2 UForce Dual Coils - rated for 40-80W
  • Short Chimney - Flavor-Focused
  • Quick Vent Channel Design - Rapid Heat Discharge
  • Sliding Top-Fill Method
  • Precision Triple Auxiliary Bottom Airflow Control
  • 14mm Delrin Widebore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colorways
  • 24K Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 VOOPOO TOO 180W Box Mod
  • 1 VOOPOO UFORCE Tank
  • 2 0.4ohm U2 UForce Coils
  • 1 Spare Parts & Glass
  • 1 MicroUSB Cable
  • Gene Chip Card
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures and test results
Chart:
tE8dagf.png

Spreadsheet:
Ko4zlAB.png

Stock Shot Colors:
voopoo_too_180w_tc_starter_kit_w_mod_and_uforce_tank.jpg

Size comparisons
lH67EnW.jpg

KWz6jkn.jpg

YfbQfH4.jpg

CiUJr6a.jpg

Zlt5aMv.jpg

O3fnAuG.jpg

nEsrjsA.jpg

Handchecks:

9JUC7kt.jpg

SH1HthR.jpg

vsSloHr.jpg

SyJcfVU.jpg

Box and Contents

PcToGoZ.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I really liked the looks and design. The pretty much centered 510 really stood out for me. Especially since voopoo mods are known for their overhang with 24-25mm atomizers. This one has no such issue. I kinda messed up i should have threw a 30mm on it. It looks like it can handle one without overhang but can’t 100% say so. The 510 pin itself is 25mm and there is plenty of room to spare on all sides of it. The mod is listed at 33mm wide at its widest point however has a hexagon shape to it. The battery door is interesting. 1 battery goes on each side of the mod and the 2 doors slide open and are removable. The tank itself reminded me of pretty much every sub ohm tank made in the past 18 months or so. We’ll go over that a little later. Overall though really liked this kit form the start.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. I ran my normal testing. Testing resistances were done at .11 , .15, .2, and .49 ohms. wattage points were max (180), 150, 100, 75, 50, and 25. At .11 ohms it maxed out at 161 watts and 38 amps. For the rest of the testing it hit weak 2-12 watts better at lower wattages. At .15 it maxed out at 170 watts. The rest of the testing it hit weak 1-7 watts again more accurate at lower settings. For the .2 test it maxed out at 180 watts. For the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 3 watts. For the .49 testing it maxed out at 145 watts and 8.415 volts. The rest of the testing it was never off by more than 4 watts. The volts shows there is a boost circuit in this mod. I say this because in order to get that kind of voltage from a buck only mod 3 things would need to happen. The batteries to be slightly overcharged, the mod to be 100 efficient, and the batteries to have no sag under load. While 1 is possible, 2 and 3 are not. To further confirm this i ran a quick test in single battery mode with the .49 load and set the mod to max 80 watts (max in single battery mode) and output was 6.206 volts and 79 watts. So yes there is a boost circuit. There is no pre-heat options but there is the full watt curve mode like all voopoo mods and it works great.

Overall i found this to be a good performer in power mode. It was accurate compared to most good dual battery mods and it’s only listed rating of 180 watts is accurate as well. I got 180 max on the dot. The volts were high enough to show a boost circuit so that was good as well. It’s volt limit is lower than most dual battery mods with a boost however still higher than all dual battery mods without a boost which is a majority so volt output is above average. The amp limit was a little low. It maxed at 38 amps. The average for dual battery mods these days is around 40 so a little low but not bad by any means. It read resistance very accurate as well. The mod and chip itself handled my stress testing very well. It didn’t get hot at all. One of the cooler running mods out there. Output was smooth and consistent the whole time. No tricks or wierd named modes on this one. It just works as it should. They do have a “soft mode” which i didn’t bother to test or use

Temperature Control
It’s exactly the same as all the voopoo mods so i’m going to copy and paste mine form the drag review i did.

Using SS wire in SS mode (and TCR setting at 1400 which is wear it fared best) , The mod did a great job. The output at all temps was smooth and consistent. It protected from dry hits and did a good job of sucking out juice before cutting off. With the normal test builds (dual spaced SS316 28g and single spaced SS316) the performance was fantastic. It feels it hits a little on the low side about 20 degrees lower. I found it best 400-480 depending on your preference. 500 is the max before the vape starts to get way too hot. 550 will start to burn your cotton a little. With my big fancy single coils builds during my normal usage, I found the vape to be very good as well ramp up was fast and output was smooth. A very enjoyable vape. The one drawback though is the 80 watts limit which it won’t even reach with really low ohms. When you drop down below the .2ohm with large fancy coils, the watts never went over 45 watts. Meaning ramp up was non existent and took forever. Not a great vape. It’ll still protect you but the lack of a ramp up makes it not good in this situation. So overall I’d say the temp control on this device is mostly really good, the 1 exception being with big dual coils under .2 ohm the ramp up just isn’t there. The 80 watt limit which won’t use the full 80 anyway in this situation makes it a no go. All other situations though it’s great. As long as you don’t have too large of builds at too low of resistances and 80 watts can preheat your build, the vape is great. It gets a pass overall from me as most people will fit into these limits.

Other Usage Notes
I didn’t take this apart. Voopoo makes good quality stuff and nothing in my testing or usage threw up any red flags. The 510 pin is pretty nice. Secured from the outside. Every tank i put on it worked with no issues. The mod is built very solid and feels durable. I actually had mine take a pretty nasty fall from a table to a tile floor. About 4 feet or so. It put a really minor dent (you can see in the handcheck pics) in the top corner and the doors came off (they are removable so no big deal) i put the doors back on and the batts back in and it’s worked like a tank since. The fire button has no rattle however the up and down buttons do. The battery trey works great never have issues putting in or taking out batteries and likely won’t damage wraps for quite some time. The fire button is a little on the small side but nice and clicky. The leather stickers have a nice feel to them and look great. The screen is the “DNA style” one like all voopoo mods. it’s nice and bright but i feel it’s small by todays standards for a dual battery mod. I’d like to see bigger screens from voopoo in the future personally.

This mod works like every voopoo mod out there. Same menu, same software. 5 clicks for on or off. 3 clicks cycles through the modes. When in temp mode 4 clicks allows wattage adjust. When in power curve or temp curve mode 4 clicks allows adjustment of the curve. To get into the sub menu in each mode hold the plus and minus. In power mode you can switch to curves, switch to volt adjust instead of watts, and turn love mode on or off. In Temp mode you can switch to curves and adjust your TCR. Plus and fire locks the device, minus and fire flips the screen. There are also options to check FW version, serial number, and set resistance.

Uforce Tank
The Kit comes with the uforce subohm tank. It uses a standard 810 tip however you need an o-ring tip. Press fit ones will be too small and slide out. It has a top fill design like the ello. You just slide it back to expose the one big fill hole. You can use any bottle type i just don’t recommend the “pour out method” any tipped bottle works great though. It’s bottom air with 3 holes equally spaced apart. AFC adjustment is smooth and on a stopper. All the threading is really nice as well. It’s a good quality tank.

Performance wise it only comes with 1 coil type (they include 2 of them though) and that’s the .4 U2 coil. It’s rated at 40-80 watts (best 55-65). I found it personally best around 60 watts. 65 was heading a little to burnt. So it’s pretty accurately rated. I’ve been vaping the same coil for 2 weeks now no issues. Chain vaping is fine and i’ve used all 70/30 and 80/20 mixes. In the future though i’m going to try and keep track of MLs ran through a coil as it’s more accurate than a time frame. A lot more to keep track of for me as if I didn’t have enough to do already. The flavor is really good as well. I’d consider it above average in that department. Overall it’s just another good tank in a crowded market that doesn't really stand out, but does what it should and does it good.

Pros:
  • Power performance
  • temp performance (except with low ohm high mass coils)
  • accurately rated
  • Build Quality
  • Nice leather stickers
  • Included tank is good
  • color options
  • standard 810 tip (kind of)
  • great 510 pin on mod
  • above average flavor on the tank
  • no overhang on 25mm atomizers. Could maybe handle a 30mm one
  • power curve mode
  • boost circuit
  • PC software suite
Cons:
  • a bit large and bulky
  • small screen for a dual battery mod
  • doesn't do well in TC mode with low ohm high mass coils
  • minor button rattle
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not. I Don’t like to do hard yes or no but this one is going to lean towards the yes. It’s my personal favorite voopoo mod to date. I actually gave away my alpha one and drag after getting this one in and i’m keeping this one. If you don’t have a sub ohm tank already and want one, the Uforce is well worth it for the kit. If you have one already though that's pretty good it’s likely going to be similar. I’ll be adding both to my sheet

It can be purchased
USA here for 68.95

China here for 59.88

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread