Anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so excited about getting my new e cig. Not so much right now. :(

I received my new kgo and all vg liquids with 12mg nic levels. It has given me some crazy anxiety! Tightening in my chest that has lasted for two days now. I put it away yesterday afternoon and the anxiety has just about gone away.

Has anyone else had this experience? I have read different threads that have mentioned this and most people switch from pg to vg... but I'm already vaping vg. I wonder if I should lower the nic level...

Please help! I really want this to work for me.

dshark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Here may be another thought; have you transistioned from smoking to vaping completely? I haven't experienced anxiety per say well... maybe a touch but nothing I couldn't deal with. My first month vaping I was smoking too and while doing so my need for the analogs were diminishing and not forcibly, this just happened. It was when I made the full transition when I felt the 'over activity' type feeling.

The nicotine delivery from analogs to pv's is just different.

I'd guess your body absorbs and metabolizes it differently meanwhile you're transitioning between the two....

You'll need to do a few things....

Get e-juice in varying strengths - even order one with no nic if ya want.

When you NEED a cig, use smaller nic doseage.
(for example 8mgs)
How do you feel?
Satisfied?
If so, great, 8mgs (something smaller than 11mg) works.
If not satisfied, mix a little 8 mgs (something smaller than 11mg) with 11mgs.

If/when you feel you've dosed yourself with too much nic, STOP.

If you need to vape during that time, use 0mgs.

If you find yourself NEEDING to vape much more, and not being satisfied and/or wanting a cig, you need to up your nic level.

I know how you feel.
When I have used 24 mg and vaped too much I feel the way you described.
Also when I've mixed e-juice and spilled too much on my hands.

Once in a while it seems different vendors products are a bit weaker/stronger with regard to nic level.
Could be related to age or heat exposure I imagine.

Hope you find a way to find what works FOR YOU!

edit to add: I do not mean to suggest 8mg or 11mgs is the way to go, only providing examples.
I DO suggest you have e-juice in all strengths ( low, medium, high and 0) from the provider of your choice so you have the ability to perform trial/error experiments)

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Are you prone to panic or is this something new for you?
I have panic disorder so bad that I'm pretty much a shut in (I was a complete agoraphobic about 5-7 years ago).
Anxiety stopped me vaping 3 years ago.

Mine seemed to be centered on the PG. It made me feel bad and feeling bad leads to searching for a reason. Recently the effects didn't take any time to build up.

This morning I was panicked. I'm normally panicked but this was worse. I wrote it off as nicotine withdrawl and you just don't get that rush of nicotine from anything but a cigarette.
I gave in and had a couple cigarettes and each time I smoked half it got better. I guess now my nicotine levels have built up enough that the vaping is doing it for me.
Don't be afraid to make the transition slower.

If you have panic disorder the reason for the panic could be a lot of things. You could be reacting to a lack of nicotine or too much nicotine. Your lungs feeling different (better from no smoke or worse from a reaction to the vapor) could cause you to panic. If you're worried about whether vaping is actually safe it could cause panic. Even over excitement about getting the new e-cig can turn into panic. Or whether you wasted money on the new e-cig.

First you need to figure out what is causing it. If it's a mental issue where you're talking yourself into being panicked identify what your inner voice is telling you and correct it. If it's a reaction to something different take it slower and ease into it. If it's a bad reaction the panic is understandable and shouldn't be ignored.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the wisdom! I have had anxiety on one other occasion. That was 3 years or so ago. I am not worried about the transition to vaping, as I have done a lot of research on this.

I like the idea of getting different levels of nicotine and adjusting them accordingly. I thought of this but also thought that maybe it is the 100% vg.

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
+1 Myk

The only thing I might add is that if this is an unusual or continues, you may need to see a "compassionate" (i.e. one that supports vaping) internist or psychiatrist . Yes, that may sound extreme to some, but I am an M.D./Ph.D (retired) and hate to see people be more sorry than safe.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
In that case I'd say it's either a reaction to the VG, a flavoring or nicotine being too little or too much.
Try a cigarette, if you get better quickly I'd say it's not enough nicotine. If you get worse too much nicotine (because the cigarette delivers it quickly). Try a PG blend. Try unflavored of both VG and PG.

In my case however, I just clicked order on an eGo-C, instant panic. I just need a Xanax. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread