Any good brands/flavours that don't gunk up pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Natural fruit flavouring just means they have extracted a natural flavour from that particular fruit. But that has no bearing on whether that juice will quickly gunk your coils or not. A naturally extracted lemon flavour could be used in a lemon meringue pie recipe as an example. The lemon itself may not be the culprit to crusty coils, but the other ingredients used to make that recipe.

Sweeteners can also be used with fruit and or menthol flavoured e-juice. There are no boundaries as to how sweeteners are used. But from my experience, despite sweeteners such as sucralose and or ethyl maltol do contribute to coil gunk, there are much, MUCH worse flavourings out there.

The general rule of thumb is the darker the juice the more likelihood it will crust your coils quicker. Fruit and menthol juices are usually lighter in colour than their tobacco and bakery counterparts.

I have made the same recipe in different VG/PG ratios and have not noticed any improvement to coil longevity. In the end it is the flavouring of the juice that is the culprit.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I do not know how you feel about making your own juice. There is a little upfront investment but in the long run it is soooo much cheaper. It is also not difficult to do once you learn the basics. But what is great about making your own juice is you are in control of what goes into that recipe as oppose to dealing with an unknown like we do with commercial juices. This can have huge benefits to coil longevity.

Vos10

Feb 10, 2020
Thanks, but i have to ask...
I do not know how you feel about making your own juice. There is a little upfront investment but in the long run it is soooo much cheaper. It is also not difficult to do once you learn the basics. But what is great about making your own juice is you are in control of what goes into that recipe as oppose to dealing with an unknown like we do with commercial juices. This can have huge benefits to coil longevity.
Do you know any good websites to buy mixing ingredients? I've been thinking about it for a while. And do you have any good juice brand recommendations? I might not have enough money right now to get into mixing.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

Do you know any good websites to buy mixing ingredients? I've been thinking about it for a while. And do you have any good juice brand recommendations? I might not have enough money right now to get into mixing.

I’ve only purchased my DIY ingredients through Canadian vendors, I can share those vendors but there maybe better vendors outside Canada is you live outside Canada. Share your region and I am sure others will chime in.

As for juices that do not crust up as easy - again, I’ve vaped mostly Canadian made juices. I’ve heard Naked 100 is pretty tame on coils. Can’t confirm, I’ve only tried their Yummy Yum which I found was not bad for coils.

What juices are you currently using?

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas

I just bought everything I need for DIY from RiverSupply.com, great place with great products.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Heartand or myfreedomsmokes for nic. There must be others. PG and VG are generic, about $20 a gallon. I buy Capella flavor.

I mix 50/50 pg/vg, 12mg nic, then learned to like 1% of an all in one flavor from Capella. Gunking is very slow but regardless I like to rewick about twice a week of full time use and replace a coil after 3 weeks to a month. I can't handle pre-mix liquids because flavor too strong. A way to deal with that is add the same percents of pg, vg, and nic to cut the flavor concentration. 50-75% should taste fine once you adjust.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread