Any low sweetener juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
I'm about to switch over to freebase nic since I'm not using pod systems anymore, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some juices that won't gunk up my coils after a day. At first I wanted super light flavors but I find I'm getting vapor's tongue a lot faster, and getting sick of them quickly because I can barely taste it.

I like fruit, no mango though. I had one that tasted like soap and it ruined mango for me. I like desserts but I feel if I get something desserty, it'll be full of sweetener. I'm interested in maybe a milky or creamy flavor like tea or coffee, milkshake or something.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Seconded, salts can be used with sub ohm. Just depends upon what kind of throat and Nicotine hit you like, I've heard that some folks use a mix of salt and freebase Nicotine just for such reasons.

Just start at a low level and work your way up, make up 10ml batches for this and remember to label it somehow.

Also depending upon where you are and if you're ready for it, you could get into DIY liquids. Easiest one is flavourless, just a VG/PG base and Nicotine.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Most commercial juices are absolutely loaded with sweetener. The best thing you could do is to start DIY as @Mordacai said. I've been doing it for about a year and it's working really well...you soon realise that you often don't need any sweetener and if you do put some in it only takes a tiny bit....none of my coils gunk up badly :)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Ive vaped sweet juices and never gunked a coil in one day. Except for that pancake and syrup flavor i tried once. It took 2 or 3 days and not only did the coil gunk up, it was coated, crusted with burnt syrup flavor. Didnt even finish that 60ml. I can barely stand pancakes anymore because of it.

Reactions: Mordacai

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
I had a bad experience with a vape shop here. They were the ones telling me all of my problems were because I tried to use nic salts with a mesh coil on my Nord. Even at my new vape shop they're saying I shouldn't sub ohm nic salts so I thought maybe there was something to it.

I was wondering about recommendations because the nic salts here are slim pickings. No variety at all. Either they have too much nicotine or too little, or not in flavors I like. I figure if I tapered down a bit I can use freebase instead and have more to choose from.

Also, I would be lying if I said I didn't partially want to do it just because I'm tired of people judging my vape choices. I kept having problems with my last vape and every time I went to the vape shop they would say oh it's because you use nic salt, oh it's because you're using mesh, oh it's because your juice is acidic. But literally they stood there and let me buy it without telling me it might be an issue beforehand. I really don't want to go back to smoking, but the back and forth crap I keep getting from other vapers is annoying me and making me feel stupid.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I understand your frustration. I don’t think that was clear when you first said you wanted to switch to freebase that it was due to limited choices, but I can see that point.

And I agree that if you’re not quite sure what flavor will work, you may not be ready to diy.

I’m afraid that finding juice that’s not highly sweetened is probably going to be tricky. Vanilla flavors in my experience have just as much sweet as bakery. Coffees tend to gunk coils too. Some mints aren’t too bad, and I make a hazelnut and an almond that hardly seem to faze the coils.

But some companies make less sugary versions than others, and I’d steer you towards finding what’s popular with folks here.

A couple other things to think about, too high vg is hard on coils. I can’t recall what atty you’re using, but if it’s mtl 1 ohm and up, you ought to be around 50/50. Under 1 ohm, up to 75% vg. There really isn’t any need to go higher.

And also, having more than one in rotation gives each coil a chance to recover.

My least performing coils last maybe a week with my most sweet juices, but that’s like I said, keeping the vg where it needs to be, and not chain vaping only one device.

And if you’ve tried all this and still can’t get more than a day out of them, I’d think either you got dud coils, or the ones they make for your tank are simply not good.

I mean there is a reason for the short life span. We’ve all been there. It’s just a matter of trial and error to find what the issue is.

ShrubOhm

Mar 23, 2019
Fl
I understand your frustration. I don’t think that was clear when you first said you wanted to switch to freebase that it was due to limited choices, but I can see that point.

And I agree that if you’re not quite sure what flavor will work, you may not be ready to diy.

I’m afraid that finding juice that’s not highly sweetened is probably going to be tricky. Vanilla flavors in my experience have just as much sweet as bakery. Coffees tend to gunk coils too. Some mints aren’t too bad, and I make a hazelnut and an almond that hardly seem to faze the coils.

But some companies make less sugary versions than others, and I’d steer you towards finding what’s popular with folks here.

A couple other things to think about, too high vg is hard on coils. I can’t recall what atty you’re using, but if it’s mtl 1 ohm and up, you ought to be around 50/50. Under 1 ohm, up to 75% vg. There really isn’t any need to go higher.

And also, having more than one in rotation gives each coil a chance to recover.

My least performing coils last maybe a week with my most sweet juices, but that’s like I said, keeping the vg where it needs to be, and not chain vaping only one device.

And if you’ve tried all this and still can’t get more than a day out of them, I’d think either you got dud coils, or the ones they make for your tank are simply not good.

I mean there is a reason for the short life span. We’ve all been there. It’s just a matter of trial and error to find what the issue is.

I should be more literal on here. I was exaggerating when I said one day. But I just had a bad experience with ceramic coils a while back. I'm not sure if ceramic coils are just crap or if the juice was too sweet. I was using lemon twist and the pod on my zero would only last 2 days before tasting gross. But with my current one I've gotten at least a week out of coils but I've been using mint and very light flavors. So I'm not sure if the sweetener would kill my coils or if it was the coils themselves that were bad. I can't really afford to be buying more vapes to switch off on. The ones I have are ones that I didn't like, so I'd rather not use them if I won't enjoy it.

If I'm using one device and I get a full week out of my coils then I'm happy with that. I'm using the Smok Nord AIO stick. I'm liking it a lot but people keep telling me I shouldn't use salt nics in it but other people tell me it's fine so I'm just confused.

Thank you for your advice. I'll keep the VG ratio in mind when I shop for my next juice. I might have to get some more vape savvy friends and just pay them to make some juice for me lol

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread