Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I started with a kit from onestopdiyshop. It was the easiest way IMO to get started and make sure I had everything I needed. But honestly, if finances are tight you can get started cheaper buying the stuff individually because you do not need everything in the kit.

Nic, PG, VG, flavors of choice
a few syringes in various sizes and needles
bottles
gloves are a good idea, but it would probably be cheaper to pick them up at Wal Mart

That's all you really have to have... that I can think of off the top of my head.

Starter kit for someone on a very tight budget:
Nicotine base
PG and or VG
One 10 ml disposable syringe (put clear tape over the markings and use it for a long time)
One 1 ml disposable syringe (put clear tape over the markings and use it for a long time)
Empty bottles from pre-made juice that have been thoroughly rinsed with hot water
Flavorings (optional)
Disposable latex gloves
Eye protection.

If young kids are around (or might be), add a secure box to put things in.

Last edited:

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
I started with a kit from onestopdiyshop. It was the easiest way IMO to get started and make sure I had everything I needed. But honestly, if finances are tight you can get started cheaper buying the stuff individually because you do not need everything in the kit.

Nic, PG, VG, flavors of choice
a few syringes in various sizes and needles
bottles
gloves are a good idea, but it would probably be cheaper to pick them up at Wal Mart

That's all you really have to have... that I can think of off the top of my head.

Starter kit for someone on a very tight budget:
Nicotine base
PG and or VG
One 10 ml disposable syringe (put clear tape over the markings and use it for a long time)
One 1 ml disposable syringe (put clear tape over the markings and use it for a long time)
Empty bottles from pre-made juice that have been thoroughly rinsed with hot water
Flavorings (optional)
Disposable latex gloves
Eye protection.

If young kids are around (or might be), add a secure box to put things in.

I agree! Build you own kit.

Walmart pharmacy will (normally) give you a syringe or 2 to get started of the proper size. Even paying for them is around a dollar for a few.
Check your local CVS or Walgreens for them, also. These places will also (often) give you a couple of their liquid (plastic amber) Rx bottles of a couple of sizes
if you tell them what your project is. Try several of these outlets and you will be surprised at the free stuff available to get started.

I suggest you look at Wizard Labs for an idea of the liquids you need. Many flavorings for $1.50 each. Their vg and pg is top quality.

I get the 24mg/ml nic solution from them in (your choice) of either vg or pg. ($14.00 gets you 250 mL.)
Also get some plain vg and some plain pg for another $6.00 each. Getting these allow you to dilute your juice down to a usable nic level.

I do not get the 100mg/ml nic based solely upon the danger factor. Yes, you will save a small amount of money, but I choose to expose myself to as few dangers as possible...

There are many other suppliers out there, I have just had the best luck with WL.

For the nicotine base, there have recently been some dramatic price reductions for liters of 100 mg/ml base. However, as rowdyplace noted above, there is some risk involved using base that is that strong. Also, a liter of 100 mg/ml base is a lot of nicotine, enough to last a lot of people at least a year, so if you are just starting out and not sure you are going to keep doing DIY, that quantity could be way too much.

I recommend starting out with a smaller amount at a lower strength for those reasons, but these links will take you to the websites where you can compare nicotine prices. Do read the stickies about safety at the top of this subforum if you have not already done so.

MFS is selling liters of 100 mg for $45.00:
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/nico...quid-9400.html

Heartland Vapes is jumping onto the low price bandwagon ($44.99 for a liter of 100 mg):
Nicotine Solution 100mg Pure USP Grade - Liter Heartlandvapes Wholesale

RTS is having a sale on their liters of 100 mg for $49.00:
1000 ml of 100 mg Flavorless Nicotine Liquid
As far as I know, they still do price matching if you submit a ticket, so you can probably get that down to $45 by doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread