any high end solid tru-sone tips stll made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it seems companies like drip tip designz, bully mods, justhatip etc have followed a progression in their manufacture. they must have thought the design is better. they all started with solid bare tru-stone and acrylic. next they ran a stainless tube through it with one o-rring at the end. probably in hopes that it does not melt. then there they put two O-rings on the stainless insert. I honestly feel the best flavor comes from bare plastics materials with one o-ring so it fits all atty's. I do not mind if an expensive tip eventually melts in lieu of flavor. however if they are thick enough they usually do not melt. I just feel taste is superior with no metal. I just got a huge one but it only fit's certain rba's. does anyone any longer make custom tips like what I am looking for? does anyone else agree pure plastics materials provide the best flavor or am I alone? I searched the web but can only find cheap Chinese stuff like that. the original ones were so much better imo. with the single o-ring right on the material. need small bore to fit kayfun,kanger etc. anyone know if anyoe is making these now and of custom quality?

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
thanks. I only go 1/2" anyways. I see her site. do not know why the others I got are twice the price and don't fit kayfun or kanger. I do not know if I am alone that any metal changes taste. plus 2 orings is now the norm but will not fit everything. those look good/ plenty of selection. how do you tell which is her tru-stone though? does not say. I feel without the metal tube tru-stone is more durable than acrylic. I don't know though because acrylic flexes more but tru-stone does have deeper color imo. does it matter?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
See the FAQ section about KayFun and a couple others. She will mill them specifically to fit those couple few non standard devices - but warns you they won't fit well in standard 510 stuff. (Which is the problem - they aren't standard to begin with.)

I thought she had the DT's grouped on the site according to the material type - TruStone, Acrylic etc.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
thanks. this looks good. I hate metal or any metal in tips. I am sure you know the difference between the $!0 tips I can easily get and custom is night and day. it seems everyone used to make no tube single oring. I guess they found after a while they deteriorated and two orings held tighter transferred less heat. in this instance I feel progression was not a good thing. I was told mole hill will make them too. angel has a way better selection of blanks though. I do not see where it says tru stone but I do feel it is superior to acrylic. in looks and durability. especially without the tube. regardless of who makes these they are mostly works of art. angels prices are good though. I paid a lot for tips that are probably the same. I am glad she addresses kayfun, no one else seems to which was the main problem.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
She used to be on Etsy until they chased everyone selling vape gear of the place. Honestly? They did her a favor - her stuff and site looks so much better than it ever did on Etsy.

I haven't ordered from her yet but she has a good following on ECF, especially in this forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...show-us-your-girly-pretty-decorated-pink.html (Don't let the name fool you - those gals take this stuff dead serious.) I have to admit I've been tempted to order though - she has some great TruStone blanks.

Right now I'm still in my glass DT phase. I love 'em - and break them often. For me a glass drip tip is definitely the most 'neutral' and brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as off flavors from steel or plastics.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
She used to be on Etsy until they chased everyone selling vape gear of the place. Honestly? They did her a favor - her stuff and site looks so much better than it ever did on Etsy.

I haven't ordered from her yet but she has a good following on ECF, especially in this forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...show-us-your-girly-pretty-decorated-pink.html (Don't let the name fool you - those gals take this stuff dead serious.) I have to admit I've been tempted to order though - she has some great TruStone blanks.

Right now I'm still in my glass DT phase. I love 'em - and break them often. For me a glass drip tip is definitely the most 'neutral' and brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as off flavors from steel or plastics.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
double post lol. you know I do like glass. does not look fancy but you are right about neutral. I just don't like cheap stuff. as if more money makes it better. well it usually does. my problem too I always break glass and then walk on it barefoot. do you know any good quality quality glass tip? not $5. the problem is the ones I have seen have a ss base anyways but maybe it does not change the flavor. I do like glass but it does not look like much. I got the huge cap from justhatip. perhaps there friction fit is good. has bigger hole. the atty is limited by it's hole anyways. friction fit will not fit flush on kayfun or kanger either. it is so stupid they made the 510 smaller or I would not have this issue.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
double post lol. you know I do like glass. does not look fancy but you are right about neutral. I just don't like cheap stuff. as if more money makes it better. well it usually does. my problem too I always break glass and then walk on it barefoot. do you know any good quality quality glass tip? not $5. the problem is the ones I have seen have a ss base anyways but maybe it does not change the flavor. I do like glass but it does not look like much. I got the huge cap from justhatip. perhaps there friction fit is good. has bigger hole. the atty is limited by it's hole anyways. friction fit will not fit flush on kayfun or kanger either. it is so stupid they made the 510 smaller or I would not have this issue.
Spectrum Tanks has a thread on the forum and I've noticed tips on his site while shopping for colored tanks. No fancy shapes, just single colors to match tank sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread