Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I've recently got into dripping now that I love to using stainless rebuildable like the phoenix and others. I never "drip" directly into my drip tips (not sure how many people actually do) because the hole is far too small and get's liquid all over the tip or on the inside of the walls which just end up in my mouth. So I pull the tip off, drip inside, and then put the tip back on. This eventually wears down the o-ring or the drip tip itself on the ones that don’t have o-rings. Plus some of them fit real tight at first, then end up lessening up over time and eventually don’t fit snug at all anymore. I was wondering if anyone has seen or come across some magnetic drip tips? They would hold on well, but be easy to pull off and put back on, and they would never wear out.

I seem to remember hearing about them, but couldn’t find any for sale. If someone knows where to pick some up let me know. Or if you know of any rba’s that come with this, shoot me a link. I’ve love to check’em out.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
how are you going to have magnetic drip tips when ss is barely magnetic?

Wasn’t aware of the magnetic properties of ss. Just figured since it was metal it would work. I guess it would come down to a complete rba kit then; the atty would have a magnetic ring inside of the top, and the drip tip would have a magnet on it as well. If it was done right, you wouldn't even need to get the drip tip exactly in place... just near where it would need to rest then it would suddenly "snap" into place.

Would be a cool idea.

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd imagine you could install some neodymium ring magnets inside your atty and on the bottom of your driptip to acheive this end, but unfortunately anytime something metal (magnetically attractive) got within the field of magnetism, you'd get an unwanted guest on or in your driptip. Most magnetically attractive metals are prone to rust. Rust + inhalation is probably not a good thing.

Good news is that some vendors sell replacement o-rings for driptips.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
how are you going to have magnetic drip tips when ss is barely magnetic?

It depends on the grade of SS. My SS ZMax2 is plenty ferrous or as you put, "magnetic", my SS AGA-T is not ferrous even slightly.

The more chromium and carbon content the more ferrous the SS is. Nickel can make a ferrous alloy into a non-ferrous one i.e. non magnetic.

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
a o rings are dirt cheap
b get a small needle tip bottle just for dripping
c get a different tip as some actually have openings made wide enough for dripping into them

just a few ideas.

I know there's ways around it.. I just kinda wanted a magnetic drip tip. One of thoughs "just because" kinda things.

Drip tips are super cheap (for the most part, I know there's high end ones) so I can always just throw it out and get a new one one it gets warn out. But with all the cool stuff out there I figured I'd ask because chances are in not the only one who's thought of it.

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread