• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any news about the bans in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
This is a quote from yesterday's Toronto star report:

"Health Canada determined last month that they fall under the Food and Drugs Act, which means a company must submit evidence of safety and effectiveness in order to market them. Health Canada is taking steps to inform importers of the regulations, according to a government spokesperson."

But as far as customs doing confiscatons to importers in Canada who resell there havn't been any reports that I've heard of.

Nor have I even heard of any reports of being informed or notified by Health Canada.

The big thing is that most suppliers in Canada purchase from the USA and as they are experiencing issues and delays getting clearance it is no doubt causing supply issues here.

But as an individual ordering from the states of supplies there isn't an issue as I just received my DURA-C's and some Janty juice & carts quickly and hassle free (although they were declared as: Electronic Supplies, lol).

Its a wait and see situation at this point & time will tell I suppose.

VapeOn,
Greg

defel143

Mar 10, 2009
Myself, honestly. I cant see the Canadian government placing a ban on this right now. Yes, I can see them trying to regulate it. Which for use could be a good thing. Having regulations make it so companies have to live up to a lvl of quality. Placing a ban, just causes an underground movement, unless it totally called for. From reading a lot of these forums over the last week, I can see why a ban might happen due to some of the crazy things people have been trying to come up with to #1 save a buck and #2 save themselves from a ban if it happens.

Think for a minute, if you were a health or government official and read this forum, saw people trying to "create" their own liquid nicotine. Boiling tobacco to do so. Yes, this is a health risk. The smoking ban was placed since it had bad health effects on the population. I dont like the ban, but there is a reason for it. If we give them a reason for why e-cigs are a health reason, there will be a ban. Even if its a reason from users and not suppliers.

Currently, the issues are that its new and long term effects are unknown or documented. Having liquid nicotine in the house is hazzard to childern and pets. These are the only reasons the government is raising an eye-brow right now. These plus they arnt making there large tax income off it. Which we all know they will reach their hands into the pot once they have regulations in place and it has become stable and not just a phase.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I both agree & disagree with some of your statements......

(1) Regulation "can" be a good thing for standardizing and having records on hand of content controls.

However, when it comes to having regulations in place over substances, with those only being based on "averaging" of subjects being submitted to exposure (testing), it also opens up issues with an "approved substance"'s false sense of security that can also kill certain people who did not fall under the grouping being tested.

The human being, mind and body, are too varied to rely on anything being perceived as concrete evidence of safety.

(2) Backyard hacks, chemists, inventors, have been around since the dawn of man. If those in "power" think otherwise then they need to be put out of their positions and given a reality check.

This type of experimentation goes on all the time... look at the herbal followers and their reliance on past texts leading them to devise their own outcomes through that information and attempting to extract and self medicate both from the health/Natural stores as well as in their own basements.

Regardless if there is a ban in the end, or regulation and taxation to the point where our devices and/or their supplies become so far out of reach it becomes an underground interest, it will now always be a "known" (more-so with the means of the internet), and as such those people who actually refuse to be taken by the hand and told whats good for them based on others opinions and beliefs will always continue to derive their own means to get what they want.

I can tell you right now that "I", as I'm sure others do, have lost that faith in the higher ups at making those safety claims and decisions for us with them allowing products to pass that indeed DO kill people solely for their own vested interests in it as taxable product that brings in billions while killing those who are contributing to that revenue. Yes.... I'm talking about the tobacco cigarette.

(3) Having liquid nicotine in a home is no more risk that other household chemical products. I just went and did a quick inventory to make sure I wasn't talking out my ...., and this is what I found without childproof caps, high taxes, nor mass histeria over their existance:

Bleach, oil based paint, CLR, detergents, windex, muratic acid...... man, I'm not going to list them all as I both don't have the time, nor the desire, but its safe to say, there is more within the home that can easily kill if those who posess it are so brain dead as to not having a single notion of common sence.

I'm honestly sick to death over how things have changed over my lifetime, so much so that this intervening attitude has truly hampered mankind to the point that imposing all these "safeguards" has made us a bunch of cowardly bumbling fools who no longer use basic insticts to use what was once considered "survival through education" to learn and adapt with any given circumstance. And its worse that people are imposing these thought patterns and activities on the children, further degrading what we as individuals and human beings had always depended on for our own identity and developement.

Both adults and kids are becoming drones, wanting to be told what and when to do things.

They become laxy, fat and unfit, physically and mentally as they welcome the state of mind that anything and everything has too many risks and dangers to go out and learn and explore what nature has to offer.

Ok, I'm starting to come off as a preachy book, so I'll end my rant of disgust and just say.................

The human race is doomed at the hand of its own laziness and lack of self thought. So I may as well just go out and by my pod now and give in.....

Nope, can't do it....... where's my dead flashlites and wire box so I can make my own vape machine. Maybe I'll go for a walk and pluck some Lobelia inflata and extract the seeds and produce some Lobelene to substitute that evil nicotine....

Oh my god.... look at him..... he has free thought !!!

Quick, call the governmental human babysitters.... exterminate him.... he is a threat to our regulated society for the better of mankind.......

Ya, thats right..... take me out of this stupid existance :evil:

VApeOn,
Greg

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
SMokum....excellent rant....I had to read it a second time with some Godsmack playing in the background :evil: Much better than a Dennis Leary rant! :)

And you are 100% correct about household chemicals. Children drink shampoo because it smells yummy...windex looks like kool-aid in a spray bottle....and all those hair spray bottles with pictures of berries on them can really REALLY mislead a 4 year old child. Unfortunately, it will make national news the first time (hopefully there never is one) that a child gets into mummy or daddy's eliquid and ..well lets not finish that sentence. But the media will be in hysterics! Every anti-tobacco lobbyist will be screaming at the top of their lungs how dangerous ecigs can be.

Now lets look at analogs in the home. I forever have two or three lighters laying around (bedroom/kitchen/smoking den aka GARAGE). Fluid for my Zippos. Heck...What about my pouch of tobacky when I used to roll my own. All simple everyday stuff that we would keep if we smoke analogs (I am still waiting to select the right ecig :rolleyes:) that a child might come across IF THE PARENTS FAIL IN THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. But would we ever hear on the news about a kid who burns down a house because he found "daddy's CIGARETTE lighter?"....probably not. The headline would read something like "5 year old boy causes family to lose home." And nowhere in the article would it be blamed on cigarettes.

Woo!! Look at me start to rant....8-o

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Well ya know.......

I don't even have kids, my choice mostly because of what I've mentioned above. But I do have freinds that come around with theirs, as well as my brother's and sister's kids. And my loved ones are my pets, and I have enough common sense to lock away my poisons.

I also keep all my ecig supplies in a locked mini ammo case for those times kids that are here decide to wonder when nobody's looking.

And to think that even an analog spent .... is enough to make a young child quite sick should they, for whatever reason, decide to eat it. I would imagine something worse could happen if were a baby.

The things that bother me most about the latest coverage in print, on tv, in the blogs, and through the reports and heresay, is the damn statements of our device having "pure nicotine". Where the hell do they get that ??

Wanna talk about "pure nicotine" look to those who are attempting to quit smoking and have nicotine patches and inhalers in the house.

Its a poorly unsubstanciated statement against our new found pleasure and escape from the known poisons of burning tobacco and the crap they add into them. And it would be so simple to see that if anyone would open their damn eyes and use their brain for a second.

Geeeezzzus... ok, this could very well turn into another rant that I refuse to bother with anymore, as it gets me so riled up day to day at the stupidity I see anywhere I go.

I think there IS quite a few that relize whats going on, but I also think they call them alcoholics, lol.... because this sure makes ME want to drink to the point where it might either make sense, or that I simply just don't care anymore.

VapeOn,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread