Any real life experience with the $11 ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Does anyone have any experience with this unit from DX? I am looking for comments from anyone who has actually tried it or if you can tell the model equivalent, or if you just want to be funny........

DealExtreme: $10.69 Electronic Cigarettes with Charger and 6-Refills Set (110V~220V AC)

I am thinking about getting 5-6 of them to have on hand to hand out to friends so they can experience an ecig. I figure for under $10 (If I buy 3+) each and free shipping it would be hard to go wrong.

Also, is this a DSE103 equivalent or an 808 or what?

Thanks

Last edited:

Tilly

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
One of those was my first, They taste terrible. Did you read the reviews there, someone compared the taste to cat urine, don't know about that but they do taste terrible. Can't refill them. I bought one because it was a cheap way to find out what an e-cig was. Performance is weak and I had to constantly fiddle with it. I'd get 3-4 draws and then I would have to "work" on it. I do like the cig-pack charger case but it would be easier if the bat pushed in/pulled out rather than screwed in, kinda difficult for large fingers.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Sure - I bought 10 of them quite a while ago. They're m401's. I bought them as back ups, and I bought a lot of em because everyone said they were crap, and I figured I could get a couple good ones from the bunch.

Well, they're all going like gangbusters. By brother-in-law wanted to try one, so i gave him 5 batteries, charger, a hand full of atomizers, 20 carts, and a bottle of juice. He's vaping his ... off. I even set my RN4081's aside for a rest, and I'm using them too.

I might just be lucky, but I'd buy more if I needed them. They interchange with the 401's and the EVO.

Don't take just my word for it. Ask around some more, but i figured for the price of a pack of analogs, they would be good if they only lasted a couple of days. Two of us vaping on them for over a week now with the same carts, and attys. Batteries are lasting about 6 hours.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
One of those was my first, They taste terrible. Did you read the reviews there, someone compared the taste to cat urine, don't know about that but they do taste terrible. Can't refill them. I bought one because it was a cheap way to find out what an e-cig was. Performance is weak and I had to constantly fiddle with it. I'd get 3-4 draws and then I would have to "work" on it. I do like the cig-pack charger case but it would be easier if the bat pushed in/pulled out rather than screwed in, kinda difficult for large fingers.

You push out the inner sleeve, scrape off the foil and plastic protector, and they fill like any other cart. Yes, they don't last long but after you refill them, they're OK.

After the primer burns off they taste like any other cart.

All batteries screw into the chargers. I removed mine from the paper pack, and made cases for them out of eyeglass cases, and bought some cheap USB chargers. (Although the original works fine for me.)

They're good for give aways, and back-ups.

If you ask me, I say "Hey - what do you want for 10 bucks?" Still cheaper than two packs of analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread