The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any suggestions for replacing an EVOD setup?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Berryc, Sep 5, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Hello,
    Been really happy this past year with a EVOD Clearomizer setup (ego twist battery).

My tanks are starting to crack, so I'm either going to replace with new EVOD tanks or find a new setup.

Honestly, other than these cracking tanks, I haven't had any issues and it's been a terrific experience. I just don't follow device trends closely enough to know what else is out there.

Anything out there worth switching to?

Thanks in advance!

2. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Go with a Protank. It's glass so the liquid won't crack it, and they use the same heads as the evod clearomizers. If you know/learn how to rebuild those heads you'll never have to buy another pack of coils!

3. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Thanks ckquatt! Do you know if Protanks are compatible with the ego c twist battery?

4. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Also, looks like there are few different models of Protanks (1,2,3). Should I just get the newest model?

5. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
  6. FCastle

FCastle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    The Protank 3 uses dual coils. I tried the Evod Glass that uses the same dual coils. Goes through liquid and battery charge ridiculously fast, and flavor is much weaker than my regular Evods. The Protank 2 uses the same coils as your Evods, I'd recommend the mini version. Smaller tanks usually produce better vapor.

7. Vchick

Vchick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I switched to the mini pro tank 3 also, from the regular evod tank. Still using evod batteries and while I don't like big tube mods, they lood like a mini version. I like that I can use my own drip tips on them.

love, love, love them.....:D

8. Berryc

Berryc Full Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Will the mini-protank 2 (I just purchased it online) be essentially the same experience as the evod - just using glass and drip tips?

9. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Good choice and you can get an Aerotank adjustable air flow base for these for about $4 if you don't like the draw. I've been rebuilding the coils with cotton successfully. I think the Aero base helps with gurgle and leakage also although I don't have much trouble with the standard base.

10. FCastle

FCastle Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    The draw will probably be more airy, otherwise should be pretty close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.