Any thoughts on clove e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I used to smoke Specials and Blacks before they changed the wrapping to get around the "Phillip Morris" law. After that I smoked blacks and black vanillas. This was my first question as well when I made the switch. Loved the Tasty Vapor kretek at first but you must take it out of the plastic bottle Immediately! ! Store/steep it in a glass bottle.

The second bottle I got just really didnt do it for me. I have also gotten the clove from Aroma Ejuice both with and without the WTA. I like it better, but I still have some TV kretek steeping so ill give it another shot.

In my limited vaping experience, what I've found is that NO juice is the same as a good Djarum black however, I bought a pack after vaping for a while and couldnt stand the flavor of them.

What I think is missing in the clove e liquid is the slight sweetness. The ones I've had are just way too clove forward of a taste. I cut ny kretek down with some ultimate vanilla and that has made it pretty tasty.

I've since given up on trying to find a juice that fits the bill for replacement of a Djarum. My favorite currently is TV Burmanii.

Thanks for relating your experience. Never having smoked clove analogs, I'm coming in with no expectations. I was just curious, more than anything. And while I'm willing to give it a go, some of clove's inherent effects to have me mildly concerned, especially the anesthetic effect, but I'm keeping an open mind. Heck, after all this, I might not even like it.

Funny thing: I've heard from an actor friend of mine that clove cigarettes are used expansively in the movie/television industry as substitutes for the real things, especially for actors who don't smoke. Ironic, isn't it?

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Yikes! Jeez, what's in that stuff anyway, that it's interacting with the plastic???

Guess I'll have to pickup a glass bottle somewhere, any suggestions as to where to buy them the same size as the 7ml bottles that the samples come in?

I have so many little glass bottles from the hundreds of samples I've received. PM me if you want a few.

SilverCloud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Central Fl. USA.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Actually...I believe it's the oil that interacts chemically with the plastic... ;)

Flavors like cinnamon, citrus-flavors and licorice/anise are known to do so as well. If you like these flavors...i'd recommend getting a glass carto-tank for your vaping device as well. Here's a link for glass bottles;

15ml Amber Glass Bottle w/ Dropper Cap - MyFreedomSmokes.com

And glass cartomizer tanks for your device;

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! ;)

Reminds me of those reed infusers that my wife used to buy for air freshener. I spilled a bottle one day and it ate the finish off one of our very expensive antique tables. Took my wife six months to forgive me for that, LOL!

Maylar

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Connecticut, USA
Yikes! Jeez, what's in that stuff anyway, that it's interacting with the plastic???

Guess I'll have to pickup a glass bottle somewhere, any suggestions as to where to buy them the same size as the 7ml bottles that the samples come in?

There are different plastics... the stuff that ejuice bottles are made of (polyethelyne?) doesn't react, the hard plastic used in some clearos (poly something-else) will.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I really like Clovesr4geeks from VapeGeek. Not too strong for me, but use it between other vapes.

Does this juice leave a strong odor afterwards? I've really gotten to like the Apollo clove juice, but I can really only vape it outside because of the smell, however pleasant it is.

I'm beginning to wonder whether that telltale odor is something that will be present in all clove e-juice products, like the anesthetic effect on the throat and tongue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread