vg and pg help from mt baker vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel_logan

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tahlequah OKlahoma
I was using my local vendor until about 2 months ago. they use American made juice that is a 50/50 mix. there juice is very smooth on inhale and exhale but is kind of costly, especially when compared to mt. baker. I use 16 mg nicotine from my local vendor.

I have purchased 4 different flavors of juice from mt. baker all of them were 50/50 vg/pg like the local vendor and some of them the same flavors. I know that juice will vary from vendor to vendor but all of the juice from mt baker seemed to catch in my throat a lot more than my local vendor on inhale and exhale. mt. baker gives a lot of options on what percentage of pg and vg you want and I am trying to find out if any of them could give me the smooth ness I am after. I use 18 mg nicotine from mt. baker.

they offer
100%pg
80%pg/20%vg
65%pg/35%vg
50%pg/50%vg
20%pg/80%vg
70%VG/30% distilled h20
and 100% VG

I use a vmod 2.0 with vapage cartomizer and a ego Apollo battery with a kanger evod if that makes a difference. any sugestions to a e juice noob? thanks

Last edited:

jfountain2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
United States
It may be the nicotine base they use, I read a thread somewhere on the forum where people were discussing the various nicotine suppliers and the differences in the "unflavored" bases, the supplier I use apparently has a "peppery" unflavored base that adds to the throat hit in any juice I mix.

Here's the thread if you want to read it... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/298547-nicotine-comparisons.html

ch44

Jul 23, 2013
New York, NY, USA
my first order from mt baker was terrible, I got 80%vg 20%pg. They had horribly rough throat hit and weak flavor, and a few of them tasted downright nasty, even after steeping.

then I gave them a second chance and I got all 80%pg 20%vg. These ones are excellent, not horrible wretched feeling like you described and much better flavors.

I know that is contrary to popular thought - pg is supposed to be harsher - but that was my experience. Try ordering some of the highest rated flavors (wintergreen, hawk sauce, thug juice, solar flare, etc 5star ratings, sort the list of juices by average rating) and get them 80%pg 20%vg. trust me.

rebel_logan

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tahlequah OKlahoma
I have let all my juices steep a week to a month depending on darkness of said juice. I emailed mt. baker and they said that it may be the 2 mg nicotine increase? and that maybe I should try the 80vg 20pg in a small bottle so I am trying that with 2 flavor shots to see if it will make it a little less harsh and more smooth. if this doesn't work I will give them another try at the house blend 80pg 20vg. its hard to find out if its the nicotine, pg, or vg causing the problems! I vape spearmint as my all day vape and blue ice mixed with blueberry and a change up through out the day. thanks

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Could be the components they use, not all PG is created equal, not all VG is created equal, this rule is especially true when it comes to Nicotine. I don't mean to to trash their suppliers or anything, but you can't expect top of the line components from places that practically gives away their juice at cost. That said I have ordered from Mt Baker and what I ordered was decent, it wasn't anything amazing or mind blowing but it was decent. I ordered 20/80 PG/VG as I break out whenever I vape VG in high concentrations, can't stand the stuff, but everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread