• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any vapor meets in the Chester/Delaware County area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linc

Nov 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hey everybody, I know that the east coast vapors club meets every 3 months or so in the philly area and I think its the "White Rose Vapors" (not sure exactly) meet in the York area but for me both locations are a little bit of a pain because either one is about a 45 minute + drive. So I'm wondering if there is anybody out there in the Chester/Delaware County or surrounding areas that get together for a meet. If there isn't a group already in existence and there is a good amount of us out there would anyone be interested in getting something together?

I am in Downingtown, Chester County, and I go to the East Coast Vapors club when they have a meet, but I am not at all opposed to going to something local as well!

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
Ok everybody, called Duffers on 352 and they had no problems with us vaping (they no longer allow smoking though) and they are open from 11 am to 2 am, sunday i think closing time was 1 am. If everyone is cool with this place I guess the next step would be a date and time. Also I havent had time to go on facebook yet so no group on there has been started, I know its fairly easy so if someone wants to do it feel free if not eventaully i'll get around to it.

ec!gg

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
www.ecigg.org
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
A lot of our people would probably attend and our meet will be in Hatboro PA on 3/8, tentatively.

I think things are starting to get confusing with multiple possibilities for the phrase "our meet". By looking on the East Coast Vapors page on Facebook, the "our meet" seems to be the following;

Meeting on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 12:00pm at VaporPhoxxe
35 South York Road, Hatboro, Pennsylvania 19040
Our 3rd meet. We are almost a year old. Please come join us and vape away.​

That is quite a distance for me. But, there does seem to be something stirring further West. In another message,

JimmyHat said
Ok everybody, called Duffers on 352 and they had no problems with us vaping

I think this may be in reference to some people hoping to start a new meeting in the West Chester, PA area. Correct?

Perhaps it is time to start splitting this thread into two new ones; The "Vapor Phoxxe/Hatboro" and "West Chester" Threads.

Joe Dunfee

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
cadcoke5, I tried to get something together but I never got anything after the duffers comment I made. I'm still interested in making that happen but I would like to get feedback on a date from everyone first being that not everyones schedule is flexible. I also would like to make an east coast vapors club meet but they are either too far or when they have one that i don't mind driving to I'm busy. For you though I think the white rose vapors might be best for drive time, they are usually in york and I think that may be closer to lancaster than west chester is.

cadcoke5

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
cadcoke5, I tried to get something together but I never got anything after the duffers comment I made. I'm still interested in making that happen but I would like to get feedback on a date from everyone first being that not everyones schedule is flexible.

The White Rose group in York is about equidistant from York, since I am east of Lancaster. But, I was hoping to run into some folks more into modding that folks at the York group.

For me, anything but Sunday morning or afternoon is fine. I have been president of a few small volunteer groups over my life. There is never a good time for everyone to meet.

In regards to the meeting place, here are a few of my own observations;

In my thinking, the only criteria for the meeting area is that it is quiet enough to be able to talk to each other, and light enough to see things. Of course, this is the main purpose of having the gathering. The meeting place probably likes to be able to sell stuff to us, and I think people generally like the idea of being able to buy dinner or a snack. So, having the time span over a meal time is good.

The White Rose group in York meets at a large sports bar from 4pm to 9pm, in the actual bar area, which is separate from the main restaurant. However, we only have a person stand up and talk to the group for about 15 minutes. The bar is not closed to the public, and the public would not feel they were intruding on a group if they were to come in. It also seems to be a low attendance time for the restaurant anyway, so I am sure they like us there.

Thanks for your efforts,
Joe Dunfee

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Just found this thread :rolleyes:

Is this the "Duffer's" that was being considered?
Duffer's Tavern
192 Middletown Rd, Glen Mills, PA

Would definitely be interested, if this is still being considered. Maybe working in conjunction with the White Rose and East Coast Vapors would get the word out more widely and generate more interest in a meet at this location. Also, just found out about this website today - VapeMeetUp.com

ETA:
I know a little about web pages, so if a regular meet does get going; I'd be willing to put something up for the group.

Also, I like modding :D
2344517066_polls_i_like_turtles_4958_207342_answer_3_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmyhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Chester, Pa
So I haven't been to this thread in awhile but no Chester/delco meet has happened. I'm still interested in trying to get something together and it seems like we may have enough people to get a small meet together. I haven't been able to make any of the white rose vapers meets or the east coast vapors meet bc of distance and a busy schedual and it seems others are having the same issue. Anyway if we can come up with a date that everyone is free I say we try duffers since they seem to be accepting to the idea and most of you agree its a good spot. The next three weekends I am busy but during every week after 5 I am free if we all wanted to try a non weekend meet to do it soon or You guys could do it without me on a weekend I'm busy. I'll start watching this thread more closely and hopefully we can come up with a date. Pm me if you want

turner.curtis

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys you have some good conversation going on. I figured I would drop a note to spur you along a bit. Plan it and they will come... If someone does not take some initiative and get motivated to just plan a date and book it, then all you will ever do is talk about it. It is not too hard to do just have to make a couple calls and post the info. If you need some motivation, then just let the selfish side of you take control and set it up due to you wanting to learn more about some facet or simply just to meet people that share interests. Honestly that is what spurred me to get the Pittsburgh group meeting regularly, I selfishly wanted to learn more and get the opportunity to see some devices before I spent my hard earned money on them. Anyways, Good Luck guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread