Anybody else at work on Christmas Eve???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I'm at work on Christmas Eve and I have to work tomorrow too...anybody else? I'd like to give a big shout out to all of those people dedicated to helping others who have to work on the holiday - police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, etc. (and my own little self at AAA - saving all the folks who's cars break down)...HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Not lately, not in my current occupation. In my first career, I was as likely to work as on any other day of the year.
radio03C.jpg

It can be a drag.

The rest of us should be appreciative for those who keep the essential business of our society running during the holidays.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

twohandedcreations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
orlando florida
yup! worked all day! im a guitar tech so everybody wants their guitar that their giving their kid/husband for X-mas set-up and they all wait til the last minute!!! not as important as all the occupations you listed tho! their all far more important lil ole' me, but I feel for all who get stuck workin holidays!

Strauss95

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Plattsburgh, NY
I just got home from work, had a 10hr shift today, will be back in for another 9hr shift tomorrow on Xmas. I work at my local airport as a line service tech. Airport has to stay open, especially on the holidays. Lots of people coming and going to see their families. My days off are Thurs/Fri so if a holiday falls on any other day, I'll be working them :facepalm:

Kind Head

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
St. Louis
I'm at work on Christmas Eve and I have to work tomorrow too...anybody else? I'd like to give a big shout out to all of those people dedicated to helping others who have to work on the holiday - police, firefighters, doctors, nurses, etc. (and my own little self at AAA - saving all the folks who's cars break down)...HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Not this year thankfully. I had to the past few years.....bah humbug!

& Merry Christmas to you as well

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I have the highest respect for nurses, and nursing home workers. It takes a special kind of person to do that hard work. They're people of caring and kindness and patience, and I'm so greatful that there's people like that out there, because I know I could never do that kind of work. I see it as a calling, administering to the sick and the elderly... especially without the high pay like the doctors get. I'll be working Christmas day to deliver pharmacy and labs for those wonderful nurses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread