Anybody else just buy pre-wrapped coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
I always use pre-wrapped coils, but more out of laziness. I rebuild my Kanger OCC stock coils (I have the nano, so no rba for me). I tend to sit down for an hour and so rebuild about 10 at once, so I can just pop them in later.

I also use fastech, typically these, but I have bought others and some helix, and tiger coils there before as well. They are pretty accurate on there ohms from my experience. I always pay with paypal, so no worry about the credit card info being out there.

I highly prefer to wrap them myself, that way I can choose to wrap them clockwise or anti-clockwise and also choose the inside diameter of the coil for whatever I happen to be building. Takes me less than two minutes to wrap and install a set of coils and I suppose if I were so inclined I could build a dozen or so beforehand but I just prefer to wrap the coil right before it is installed so that I can build the coil to specifically fit the deck I am working with.

I find with many of the pre-built coils you end up trying to make the coil work as best it can for the deck you are installing it on, rather than specifically building my own coil to make the most of the deck I am installing it on.

What does wrapping clockwise vs counter-clockwise do? Legitimately curious I've never heard of one of the other before, and wondering if it should be something I should be looking at?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What does wrapping clockwise vs counter-clockwise do? Legitimately curious I've never heard of one of the other before, and wondering if it should be something I should be looking at?

There's no difference, other than some atties requiring one or the other. For example, the Serpent requires counter-clockwise wrapped coils.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
There's no difference, other than some atties requiring one or the other. For example, the Serpent requires counter-clockwise wrapped coils.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Thanks Ken, I guess I never knew since this is the only thing I've built on. I'll make sure to keep that in mind when I look at new atomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread