anybody got a electronicstix 5v passthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
ordered one a few days ago and patiently waiting for it in the mail..any thoughts on this device? I have heard different opinions on vaping through cpu usb connection will damage the usb port, then i hear thats rubbish and an old wives tale because the usb port will shut down if the temperature exceeds a certain threshold..any thoughts?

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I bought mine last october and love it. Loved it so much since it was on a great sale at the time I went back and bought two more within days of buying the first one. lol. The first lasted 6 months before it started to not always fire the first time I pressed the button- I used it a lot in that six months so I was ok with that. I still have it and use it to dry burn my attys after cleaning them and it works great for that purpose so its still in use. The second one is still going strong with no problems. And the third one is awaiting it time to be used. I always use the 2 amp wall wort. Saw no reason to tempt fate plugging it into the computer.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Used one as my main pv for a few months on a USB power pack for prtability. This was the original version with the led on the end. The weak connecction caused it to start missfiring after 3 months of constant use. That was with 24 7 use though. And now they are the ones with the strengthened connecction. So it will last long time. I did have my front USB ports crap out, but I don't know if the pass was the culprit. You will like it a lot I bet. It is a solid device very cheap. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread