Anybody have experience with the CASTLE RDA CLONE? Or the OG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
AUTHENTIC?
sCWNLNT.jpg

OR CLONE?
VT6d0Nk.jpg

(I can definitely tell a difference in quality between the Vapesmith authentic, and the Clone knockoff, but I'm just not sure if I want to pay 3x more for that little bit of extra quality, I mean, they both look good! I just don't know...:facepalm:)

Hey brothers and sisters, just wondering if any of you fly cats have tried out the Castle RDA by Vapesmith *clone*, or even the original Vapesmith one? Preferrably v1.5 for the authentic because they fixed alot of blemish and denting issues, plus added a single coil airflow option, but either of the three are fine.

-I've been having amazing experiences ever since I stopped buying clones (besides HCigar, they rock friggin socks), my Brass Monkee and Dominator RDA's were the best vaping equipment I've ever put my hands on, and recently I mated them to basically swap center posts, now my superiorly amazing dominator has a dual positive post, and "push and shoot" negative posts, it's the easiest flavor/cloud chaser in the world, looks beautiful, and has TWO 4mm AIR HOLES! STOCK!

~But that's another story, right now I only have one kick-.... RDA, and that simply just won't do. After-all, what am I going to play with while I'm vaping? I mean I can't just try out new coils, and NOT VAPE! Lol I mean come on...

So I'm making a decision: to clone or not to clone?
Basically the cons I've read from "honest reviews" from both are: the vapesmith authentic has been known to have some slight blemishes, and slight difficulty fitting drip tips (which honestly I don't care about), but the major con to me personally is the $100 price tag, which I wouldn't mind as my dominator costed slightly more than that, however every single review has been spotless on the dominator, which is less than I can say for the castle. I'm almost positive I will love the castle just from looking at the pictures, I love the locking mechanism, the looks, posts, airholes, comes with a copper connection (I think it should be silver for $100 but copper has almost identical conductivity), but what I like most about it is that it appears to be a big'ol chunk of 304 stainless steel. I'm not sure what the chamber size is maybe someone can chime in (I'm hoping smaller) due to the thickness of the walls, but I'm hoping it retains heat well for those warm vapes, and is noticeably heavy (I'm one of the few that like heavy apparently :D).

The Castle Clone has been know to whistle, have a wobbly/loose cap, and be oh-so slightly less well shaped (rough castle logo *cough* rip-off!, slightly rougher edges, and also have the drip tip issue). And honestly like the authentic's cons, these don't bug me in the slightest either, sure it's nice to have a purdy RDA but I really don't care about the looks as long as it doesn't look like it was carved with a turkey knife, the whistling can be fixed by me (because I play to drill it anyway, a good reason to try the clone, first anyway), but it's a complete CCCOMBO BREAKER if the top slide-on portion of the top cap literally rattles or falls off when it's tipped upside down. Pretty much if it looks like the pictures I'm seeing, functions like any other RDA, and that top locking cap can decently hold itself on than I'm pretty much sold on the clone, because it appears to be basically identical but for 1/3 the price. And let's not forget it will (or may) be my backup.

~Any input on why the authentic is worth the money, or your experience with the clone would absolutely make my night guys and gals. I'm probably going to buy it in 2-3 hours, you know, because I have no self-control :2cool:

VAPE ONWARD! :vapor:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
The cloners just want your cash they have no reputation to maintain. With that said you just have to roll with your conscious and budget.

Exactly, HCigar is the only clone company I've had a good experience with every time, my turtlship is actually better from them believe it or not, the only difference is the engravings are "sharper" but that isn't a pro or a con. Vapesmith hasn't exactly been perfect from what I've researched, that's why I was wondering if anyones had experience with either, like I said in the post I haven't been buying clones for a while now and loving it. But this one looks remarkably accurate, it's really just a chunk of steel in the shape that I want with this purchase, 3 posts, copper connection, big airholes, and a thick walled cap that locks, check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread