PLEASE HELP! I'm buying a "high-end" RDA tonight, and need opinions (castle, zenith, dominator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys as the title says, I'm looking to buy the last (hopefully awesome) high-quality authentic rda for a long time. I'm willing to spend around $100 maybe less maybe more, as long as it's worth it. I'd like as many airflow options as possible, at least dual coil capability, and huge dual airflow (I'm willing to drill).

What I've been researching and really looking at is the:

Dominator rda: Has everything I want, massive single and dual airholes, looks awesome too.

Zenith rda: Is very renowned online, proven to work great, is the most expensive, also has everything, doesn't looks special appearance-wise (doesn't matter).

Castle v1.5 RDA: Also proven to work really well, has what I want except slightly larger chamber, made of thick steel, cool locking airholes, looks epic.

***Anyone who's owned these, please share your experience, I'd be so grateful as I want to spend my money wisely. Even if you haven't owned any and have simply heard something negative or positive that I haven't heard, I'd love to hear that as well. ANY advice/criticism is more welcomed than you know!

Joka

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
CleVegas TN.
Exactly the same as what I just did less than an hour ago. I just purchased a stingray and it's gonna be my new toy and adv for awhile, SO I needed a good rda for it and I am not letting money be a factor on this so I'm getting good worthy items. I've been Googling and searching forums and pages for weeks now finding the right setup that will provide for my style.

I narrowed it down to the brass monkee rda with a brass stingray.

The monkee has the same post build as the helios, and the best post setup I've used, EVER. Plus it comes with a SS cap with adjustable air flow control. Fully open it has 6 holes. Sounds like a good smooth vape to me. It also comes with a brass cap. Which is mainly what attracted me. It has no afc and two holes on the sides which can easily be opened for massive air flow in any possible way I decide to drill. Two rda's in one basically. It will match the majority of mods being ss and brass. 22mm. I was sold.

Just an idea because it should be on your list. I'll have mine Monday. =]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Exactly the same as what I just did less than an hour ago. I just purchased a stingray and it's gonna be my new toy and adv for awhile, SO I needed a good rda for it and I am not letting money be a factor on this so I'm getting good worthy items. I've been Googling and searching forums and pages for weeks now finding the right setup that will provide for my style.

I narrowed it down to the brass monkee rda with a brass stingray.

The monkee has the same post build as the helios, and the best post setup I've used, EVER. Plus it comes with a SS cap with adjustable air flow control. Fully open it has 6 holes. Sounds like a good smooth vape to me. It also comes with a brass cap. Which is mainly what attracted me. It has no afc and two holes on the sides which can easily be opened for massive air flow in any possible way I decide to drill. Two rda's in one basically. It will match the majority of mods being ss and brass. 22mm. I was sold.

Just an idea because it should be on your list. I'll have mine Monday. =]

You in luck :D the Brass Monkee is the only other high end RDA I have, you won't be dissapointed, it's a hellacious vape. It's a builders dream too like you mentioned, perfect size deck, medium/small chamber with decently thick walls for dense clouds. My only gripes (not even gripes, just something I think you should know) are that the spare brass cap does tarnish a little quickly, man it looks beautiful if you keep it polished, you can actually coat it with some polyurethane from any home improvement store, and it won't tarnish, ever. And the brass cap airholes are a little small for my tastes, I drilled them out to 1/8th each and it's so soft and easy to drill.

-Not sure if it bugs you but the brass cap's ceiling is pure brass on the inside, it's not a big deal to me because I truly use the brass cap as my "cloud cap" with big holes, but brass can leach carcinogenic lead, especially when under heat and acidic juices. Just thought I'd mention since you want to use the brass cap, it's a very small chance any lead will ever leech into your body, but some people care about that.

It's an amazing all around RDA, high quality too. Don't attempt to drill the AFC cap though (it's funny because that's partly the reason I'm getting a new one), I was going to turn the afc 3 holes on each side (which are 1mm each btw, 6mm both sides combined) into one massive slot, and I botched it a little now it looks terrible.

(However I did dremel a nice slot opposing the dual AFC so-as to allow single airflow, it's an awesome option that I don't regret, single and dual AFC on an awesome RDA.

Hope this helps :D

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
All I can speak of is the Trident V2 clone for $26.00. I have it on a StingRay mech mod clone. The Trident V2 has every requirement you listed. In the StingRay I have a Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900 mAh battery. No kick needed, it hit really hard with great vapor and flavor. Good luck.

I have the same clone :), be careful with the outer post slits though, I'm not sure which clone you have but I tried to mash twisted 28ga in the slits with a screwdriver, and when I tightened the caps down, the outer slit "tooth" broke, now it's my "experimental coil" RDA, and I have to wrap the coil around the post by itself.

Amazing little RDA though your right.

Joka

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
CleVegas TN.
You've made me even more excited. Because you just told me that everything I expect it to have and be like is true. I'm gonna drool the next 4 days away waiting by the mailbox. Vacation days from work lol

I do plan on using that brass cap for sure, and drilling it. Honestly the ss cap will get little use from me. I understand health and chance, so I'm not worried about it at all. The tarnish is ok, the reason I ordered a brass mod is so I can take its polish off and let it naturally tarnish and patina. So hopefully the cap and mod will grow old together evenly

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Right on brother, I can almost guarantee you'll love it, I'm a cloud chaser, flavor connoisseur (some who think density and flavor is important), and tooting my own horn a very experienced builder as well, and this thing is epic in all of those categories. I like patina myself, I'm in love with copper and it's natural patina, especially the great volt drop (just like brass has :)), and the brass cap is probably exactly what your looking for, I don't know brass very well, but I want to say it doesn't have polish on it (I may be wrong), it definitely came out of the box gleaming gold, but as I said earlier I noticed the oh-so-slightest patina over the whole thing evenly about 2-4 weeks after leaving it out of the packaging, it looks good, it sounds like a perfect match for any brass mod. I just looked at my brass cap right now, and it definitely patina's really consistently and slowly (which is what I'd prefer), so it'll be easy to take care of too.

-Yeah brass nowadays (especially the brass that manufacturers use) is almost always less than 1.5%, and I bet most of the brass used in vape equipment uses silicon instead anyway, I personally used it alot because I'm not worried about that one little centimeter of open brass, I was just mentioning in case you were an adamant health nut lol, I know many that are the type. There's no way you'd get sick from 1.5% lead in that tiny ceiling, there's not enough even if ALL of it were to leech out, and you swallowed it whole. If you don't use your stainless steel cap, mail it to me :p, mines ugly now because of my terrible drilling job.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I got the dominator, after some research I found out it's exactly what I'm looking for plus some. It's got the "push and shoot" posts that make it as convenient as the brass monkee, a slanted bowl-like deck to allow for a pool-like puddle of e-juice, and it's chamber is thick steel with heat flanges and dual 4mm! airflow options, I haven't seen such a big airflow on anything ever, but I can still go down to 3mm, 2 or 1. Here's me camping next to the mailbox! My wallet is slightly hurting but that's alright, as long as it's a quality product it's money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread