Anybody tried one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
These look similar to the pyrex tanks sold by Hot Vapes and High Desert Vapes, in that they use rubber grommets instead of the usual endcaps typically seen with cartotanks.

I'd be curious to know from any users how secure the carto is in tanks. And how easy it is to remove the top grommet to do juice refills.

I agree with the above poster; these are pretty pricey.

Bigstar000

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Cary, NC
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

hollyberry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Hey guys, these tanks are sized to the millimeter for a super tight fit. To refill them simply take off the top cap then replace. As far as the price, these are handmade. Not machine painted garbage. Compare the price against Phiniac. They charge 57.00 for very basic clear glass outside the tank work. This color is inside the glass. And much more complex. If your looking for cheap tanks these aren't for you. If you like art and quality they are great.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm getting one of these when I get paid. :)

Bigstar000

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Cary, NC
  • Deleted by Misty

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
Those are beautiful, but way outside of my budget.

I'd be curious to know from any users how secure the carto is in tanks. And how easy it is to remove the top grommet to do juice refills.

I have a HDV tank i won in a contest a while back. I actually like the silicon caps on that tank better than metal ones on a tube. when they're curved in that way it forms a snug lip for the gromit to set into, but it's not so tight you cant squeeze a syringe in there to refill it, though you should do it upside down so that the air bubble is over your holes.

by comparison, the rubber end caps on a VVV budget tank is more difficult, but since you can get a screw fill hole it's not a big deal, once you have them in place you don't have to mess with it to refill.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Not at those Prices.
Novelty is fun, but not that much $$

Agreed.....although considering things like iHybrids are selling for $200-450+ , I have no doubt in my mind they will sell. People who have money to blow don't really care about the number after the dollar sign, they see what they want and grab it. I can't blame anyone, if money isn't an issue, why make it one? :D

Unfortunately for me, I'm not rich, and I have kids, so no, I couldn't, I wouldn't spend $70 on a glass blown tank over the internet, with no idea of how well they are actually built, whether or not they will leak, etc etc. Not even sure, from the pictures, what parts come off, howd you'd clean it, etc etc.

Neat concept, but too pricey, I agree. As I mentioned though, lots of novelty stuff sells in the vape community, so who knows.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
MODERATED.

Just because things are machine made, doesn't automatically make them cheap. Likewise, just because something is hand-made, doesn't mean the quality of art is necessarily better.

You said it yourself I guess, if you are SPECIFICALLY into hand blown glass art, then I guess they would be a cool, although pricey novelty. As I mentioned above, I'm sure you won't have a problem selling your pieces. They DO look nice, and I'm sure the quality IS great. Good job by the way.

However, for the average vaper, I just don't see it. Hope you prove me wrong!

Bigstar000

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Cary, NC
  • Deleted by Misty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread