Anyone else find dark juices harsher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My juices are all the same 50vg/50pg blend at 6mg nic.

I am currently coming off the tail end of the flu and coughing up nasty stuff from my lungs which we all go through after stopping the smokes.

Vaped all my menthol and that was AWESOME, fave vape, love it. No problems.

Then I vaped my sample of RY5 - again awesome, delicious, zero problems.

Both were CLEAR LIQUIDS.

Now I'm vaping my 10ml bottle of 'Virginia tobacco' which is the same ratio etc but is a DARK BROWN juice.

I'm finding it very hard on my throat, whereas with the menthol and RY5 even though I had a flu and sore throat - they were fine.

Are dark juices harsher in general?

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Think I just answered my own question.

Popped in a free sample tank of a tobacco juice which is clear (don't know the name, it's written in Madarin, I live in China, but it's Ovale and 8mg and the Mnadarin brand name is foillwed by the number 3, so probably a Chinese cig brand.)

Anyway blew out the atty, popped in the new cart with the clear juice and bingo no cough or sore throat.

Guess avoid the darker juices, they're not best for atty's anyway are they?

Shame as they do tend to be more flavorful, but atty health and my throat / lung health get top priority.

All the fruity juices are clear I might have to bite the bullet and try some! RY5 is clear so that's good, as is menthol which is my fave vape anyway.

Still would like to know if it's not just me though - ANYONE ELSE FIND DARKER JUICES MORE HARSH ON THE THROAT / AND / OR LUNGS?

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
While I don't find most dark juices harsher (I guess it depends on the juice), I do agree that they may be harder on the atty. I vape 100% VG juices and some are very thick, but they give me the throat hit, FLAVOR, and vapor that I desire. It's the nature of the beast and I am willing to make the sacrifice. I haven't had any atty's pop, but I do take care by cleaning my heads and pulse burn it clean regularly. Kind of a pain, but well worth it to me.

Last edited:

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Same here, I've never found a correlation between how dark a juice is and how harsh it is. Dark juices do tend to dirty a coil quicker though, and if you're vaping on a dirty coil it can make for a harsh vape. Most of the juices I vape are fairly dark, so I clean my coils more than someone who vapes all clear juices.

Sweetness, amount of flavoring used, clarity of juice, and pg/vg ratio also effect how quick a coil gunks up.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread