The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone else go through flavor "phases"?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by withravenoushunger, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. withravenoushunger

withravenoushunger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I can't vape one kind of juice for too long before I want something different. Sometimes for about a week or two straight I will just vape fruit flavors. other times I will just vape darker tobacco/sweet flavors. This is why I try to avoid ordering mass quantities but still have a good variety on hand.

2. EleanorR

EleanorR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2011
    Treasure Coast
  3. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Variety is the spice of life... Unlike smoking, vapers get use to the flavorful goodness of ejuice which is not quite as toxic and adhering as tobacco products, so things like nicotine and flavor fade quickly.

It's always nice to have variety, either in specific flavors or intensity. It keeps on off the analogs when our brain and tongue are happy :)

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2012
    Detroit
    Your not alone lol. I keep about 8 tanks full at all times. A couple menthols, fruits, fruity menthols,desert flavors, tobaccos etc. When im sick of one i play eenie meenie miney moe and screw on another tank!

5. Zak Rabbit

Zak Rabbit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Totally! I sometimes change flavors more than the music I'm listening to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

6. propagandax

propagandax Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    Story of my life. If I could only settle on a single juice...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. bunker0617

bunker0617 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2013
    AZ
    Yep all the time and now I'm also switching tanks that I like. Just to add more complication to this hobby switching juices and switching between liking my pro tanks one day then vivi novas the next... Vape on

8. rvh414

rvh414 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2013
    San Antonio
    Your not alone. I think for the most part everyone taste buds go through changes. When I first started vaping over 5 years ago all eliquids I purchased were tobacco flavored. As the years past by I noticed that my taste buds were changing. All I vape now are sweet flavored eliquids. I'm pretty sure it will come full circle and probably wind up liking tobacco flavors once again.

9. Randy C

Randy C Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    SW Florida
    When I'm at home, I usually have two juices going at the same time. I usually load my Reo up with one of my ADV's, which... eventually goes to work with me when I drag myself away from ECF in the morning; the other is my Provari- typically filled with new flavors just received. My wife is always asking: Why do you have to have two of those things going at the same time?

Variety is the spice of life I guess

10. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

just my theory- when you smoked you hit on a brand and smoked it because it tasted right and made you feel good. yeah, I know smoking isn't good for you but at the time it was great. vaping is a healthier alternative but NO juice can ever quite give you what smoking could. you can find juices you like and vape the heck out of them, but you are chasing a memory that you can sorta satisfy but never quite get-and that's ok- it keeps you off smoking and as long as you stay off cigs its a good thing. personally, I need wta juice to keep from sliding back. I think most people try different flavors because they have to keep moving (mentally) or regress. like I said, just my theory....

11. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Hell to the yeah. When I first started, all I wanted was tobacco flavor. I must have gone through seven or eight before finally finding one that satisfied. But by then, I was sampling beverage flavors. Then, desserts. Now, it's candy and nuts but guess what? Those tobacco flavors are back in the rotation.

Having a good variety also invites experimentation. "Hey, y'all... Watch this!"

I blended the remnants of MEL's Jamocha Haze bottle with the remnants of Monkey Butt from FbJ. You can probably guess what I decided to call it.

12. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    Right now I have 8 ce4s that i switch about. roughly every 20 mins. And some lower nic when i feel the need. I can only take so much of one flavour. so I guess that means yes.

13. vapolizer

vapolizer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2013
    Kentucky
    Tank 1 Vape.. Tank 2 Vape.. Tank 3 Vape.. Tank 4 Vape.. REPEAT!!!

14. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    To paraphrase an old American commercial: sometimes I feel like a nut. Sometimes I don't. :)

15. John Alexander

John Alexander Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2013
    On the back nine
    I used to, but now I've pretty much settled on Boba's Bounty, El Kamino, Bounty Hunter and black licorice.

16. legaldisaster

legaldisaster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Maryland
    I switch often, I can't remember a day where I just vaped one flavor. On a normal day, ill vape my ADVs which is MBV hawk sauce, moo and blue moo while I work, but when I get home I normally will switch a tank out for one with a more desert type flavor or two. I've got a ton of protanks that I generally keep full so swapping flavors is easy as sunday morning.

17. dmska

dmska Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    I always have 2 or 3 juices in rotation on any given day. I may find something I really like for awhile but I think I tend to grow tired of it, and find myself constantly switching up.

18. Nacon

Nacon Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Keep mixing it up if you can. Sometimes I mix flavors right in my protank just to have something more unique. Right now in my protank I have blueberry ice cream (bb menthol) and buttered waffle with whip cream. Tastes like blueberry maple syrup with a nice chill.

Always mix it up

19. kottonmouth401

kottonmouth401 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    RI, USA
    It seems like I can't go more than 2 or 3 hours without switching flavors; my taste buds have a very short attention span, i guess.

20. wbbrn1952

wbbrn1952 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Variety is the spice of life - started out with just tobacco flavors - no accents - then movedt to RY$ - from there I have been all over the map - now I am on a fruit kick. Mix most of my own so the problem is I have all these flavors and don't know when I will get back around to them. However I have found an awesome flavor from Nicoticket that I will continue to buy and vape daily (at least part of the day) called Beetlejuice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.