Anyone else having a carto problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I have been getting a lot of inconsistent quality in 808 blank cartos recently. Some work great, some work OK and a few don't work at all. I have had some that taste like garbage from the first fill but most start to taste nasty after the second or third fill. I get my cartos from numerous suppliers and they all seem to have the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
It seems I have been getting a lot of inconsistent quality in 808 blank cartos recently. Some work great, some work OK and a few don't work at all. I have had some that taste like garbage from the first fill but most start to taste nasty after the second or third fill. I get my cartos from numerous suppliers and they all seem to have the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

I find that refilling most cartomizers isn't really worth it, especially 808s. I only use them for stealth vapes with auto batteries at work, so I can usually get 2-3 days out of one with light use. With 100% VG juices refilling seems to work even less well, and at $1.40 each, they're pretty much disposable. I'm always amazed at the lengths people go to refurbish them.

I use stainless 808s with Johnson Creek juices and they work pretty well. KR808D-1 blank cartomizer - package of five stainless I can't say I've had any bad ones. When I used to use 808-d2 blanks I would occasionally get some that didn't draw well, but bad flavor wasn't a problem.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
i agree in that some work great.
Halo ones for me work great. Have bought 3 sets that have all been fine.
Looked around for cheaper and the ones from LiteCig that are stainless draw a bit too airy for me.
(i did not get the black ones, might be different)
The tips are different as well but i don't see a performance difference from the tips.

i expect that the more i try, the more i will be disappointed - i will try at most 2 more vendors, and if i can't find them as good as Halo's, i'll just go back to Halos and wash and flush and wash and flush.

And now, im considering carto tanks cuz i just recently bought a mod and that's gonna be a whole new challenge.
Happy vaping and Be Healthy.

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
I have tried all those bottom coil cartos and cant stand em .I only use cool carts from vapor4life ( vertical coil ) and if you like a warmer vape use the "wow " line ...they specify the ohms i believe ...if you use a sale they cost the same as the others .:)
the vapor kings noted abovec say 2.8 ohms for comparison ...
the kangers dont even specify but i tried to like em ...just dont taste my juice as well .
that being said everyone tastes differently ( standard disclaimer ) lol

Thanks all for your input, I greatly appreciate it. I found the Halo's to be a good choice. They have not had any bad tastes. I have recently moved on to a iTaste VV3 and enjoy it very much. I guess I will keep the 808's for when I head out and don't care if one gets trashed. But the variable volt set-up is the way to go. I don't know why I waited so long.:confused:

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
Thanks all for your input, I greatly appreciate it. I found the Halo's to be a good choice. They have not had any bad tastes. I have recently moved on to a iTaste VV3 and enjoy it very much. I guess I will keep the 808's for when I head out and don't care if one gets trashed. But the variable volt set-up is the way to go. I don't know why I waited so long.:confused:

I made the same move months ago, from 808s to itaste vv... Do hold on to the cigalikes. It took a while (I didn't touch them for about 2 months) but eventually I 'rediscovered' the 808s and enjoy them... not often, but I'm glad I've still got them.

Arker

Apr 25, 2013
NC, USA
I am not a fan of the clearomizers, have tried a few but like the taste of carts better. Particularly with tobacco flavors, which are my favorites, the clearos just dont work as well for me.

I did switch over to the V4L smileomizers awhile back and love them. They have the warmer taste of a cartomizer, fit an 808 battery, hold about 3ml of juice and can be refilled several times. They do look kind of funny stuck on my skinny little bloog batteries but I love them. V4L is having a deep discount sale at the moment and I finally ordered the battery that they are actually intended for, the vapor zeus, for a steal.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Yes have the same problems with polyfill carto's.

Try some of the Mini tanks for either Halo, V2 EX or the Kangertech Esmart 808D.

As for the cartomizers I find it is best to keep them Topped Off instead of waiting until they give you a dry, and or burn taste, hit. I then can get a few days out of them. But they still don't taste as good as the Mini tanks and they don't produce as much vapor, if that is important to you.

The Mini tanks can be bought for around $3.00 to $5.00 each and have lasted me over a week with proper cleaning of them.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
Yes have the same problems with polyfill carto's.

Try some of the Mini tanks for either Halo, V2 EX or the Kangertech Esmart 808D.

As for the cartomizers I find it is best to keep them Topped Off instead of waiting until they give you a dry, and or burn taste, hit. I then can get a few days out of them. But they still don't taste as good as the Mini tanks and they don't produce as much vapor, if that is important to you.

The Mini tanks can be bought for around $3.00 to $5.00 each and have lasted me over a week with proper cleaning of them.

I think the tanks are OK depending on your juice. I like 100% VG and the wicking doesn't hold up for more than a single fill. Thin PG stuff tends to run longer. Without getting more than a single fill, the 808 tanks seem more expensive than cartos, especially when I can usually get a decent refill out of a carto.

I've kind of resigned myself that there ain't no free lunch with VG juice and that just buying empty cartos is part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread