Anyone get the Panzer clone from FT yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I received my Panzer clone from FT yesterday, and I'm about 80% impressed with it.

A couple of disappointments:

1) The Panzer logo on the top cap is not stamped fully at the beginning. Ehhh....$30 clone. Not a big deal.

2) The positive 510 pin is not adjustable, making it useless for some atomizers. That will be a work in progress.

The rest of the fit and finish on this thing is superb. The switch is by far the best of any clone mod I own, and I'd go as far to say that it may even be a bit nicer than the switch on my Flip.

The positive pin isn't adjustable at all?? Are you sure that it's not just a floating pin that's tight? A fixed pin is a deal breaker for me.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2013
CT/NYC
I had to use a punch and hammer my 510 pin out.
I would suggest just sanding the delrin a bit at a time and keep test fitting until it "floats" (once you get it out).

anyone have a tutorial on this...this thing is annoying me...what did you use to punch it out? and sand it with my girls nail file? lol thx guys

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Just received my Panzer clone from fasttech, and I must say I am VERY impressed!! The threads are smooth as silk and the engraving is spot on. It hits very hard, so I think it was worth every penny! I'd be curious to see how it stacks up against the orignal...

20140407_113353.jpg

20140407_113409.jpg

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
anyone have a tutorial on this...this thing is annoying me...what did you use to punch it out? and sand it with my girls nail file? lol thx guys

I bought some $3 sand paper from Michael's and used a hammer + flathead punch to hit the brass pin out. I would suggest a more blunt object because I dented my pin a little bit because of the sharp edges.

1. Connect the top cap with another piece of the Panzer so the pin can fall out freely. Put it on a piece of napkin or cloth.

2. Use a sock and put it over the top cap to minimize any residual damage. Place your metal blunt piece on top of the brass pin (make sure its in the socket). Lightly tap with your hammer until it falls out.

3. Cut out a piece of sandpaper and roll it up to fit the delrin hole (will probably be pretty small). Proceed to sand out the delrin and periodically try to insert the brass pin in to the point where you can push it in with your hands but the delrin still has tension around the pin.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I've been looking for a mechanical mod with a recessed fire button as I don't particularly care for the Nemesis bottom button. For those that have one, real or clone, how different is it to use compared to the standard style bottom button?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Not too hard, I learned to use my pinky joint to fire it most of the time.

+1....In addition to the Panzer clone I also got a Vanilla 18350 today, which has sort of a recessed button design....you just use your pinky knuckle to fire it and it works pretty well....

Diy Mik

Jun 30, 2014
Australia
You mean with an 18650 battery?
No.
You can only just fit a vapesafe fuse in there with a button top battery.

I got the SS Fasttech one and the copper Focal-ecig one yesterday.

The SS is real nice like everyone says. The firing pin can get loose,a bit of blue threadlock fixes that. The lock ring thread is a little loose too, a little silver grease (conducts well) on all threads to ensure it will never seize up.
Apart from the lock ring thread being cut a little too much, its really nicely made. Top value.

The copper one from Focal-ecig was real rough. The contact pins had rough surfaces, all the threads were tarnished and dirty, the female firing pin thread is almost non existent, the button was a little too big and jammed all the time, the locking ring thread was real rough and would jam up.
So i worked on it and fixed the button with the drill and sandpaper to file it smaller evenly, cleaned the threads, filed the contacts flat, i had to use multigrips to get the lockring off, i fixed everything except the firing pin, ill need a new one. It works fine now and seems to conduct quite well being all copper. The only non copper parts are the spring and the insulators.

DSCF3256.jpg

My first mods! Wow, the clouds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread