Not open for further replies.

DarrellG

Memba
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2016
Boston Massachusetts
It finally arrived. :banana:

So far: Definitely liking the freedom on this build deck. More working space than I'll probably ever need.
The angle of the grub screws do indeed twist the coil leads when setting things up, but it's not much effort to work things back into position, so no biggie imo.

The o-rings appear to be very solid so far. I practically filled the thing like a tank and no signs of leaking out the bottom -even when things got pretty warm and the o-rings were slicked up.

I think the trickiest thing is figuring out how to drape the wicks. It's not a huge issue, but mine have had a tendency to run along the barrel rather snugly; not so much that it would choke the juice flow, but if the wicks are too close to the air flow some juice has a tendency to work it's way out, dripping down the exterior. You can kind of see it in one of the pictures below. I may have just gone too heavy on the cotton -and the juice...

This is only the 2nd rda I've ever purchased. Having little experience, I never really understood how some rda's were considered more flavor producing than others, but I think I get it. I'm getting more pronounced flavor with this than anything I got out of the BMI Goldie over the course of 8 months or so; short of closing down the BMI's airflow to the realm of MTL.

Overall, I'm not regretting the purchase. I was torn between this and the Goon (for it's similar selling points) but i think this should do the trick. :)

A few obligatory pics. And yes, I butchered one of the coils while dry firing. Welcome to my world... :facepalm:

IMG_20170125_1625241.jpg
IMG_20170125_1626051.jpg
IMG_20170125_1626441.jpg
IMG_20170125_1628411.jpg
IMG_20170125_1655301.jpg

Joeteboe

Dec 31, 2016
Got mine day one, black with the ultem tip. Honestly one of my favorite RDA's yet. Couple tips for wicking and coil placement: keep the coils parallel with the block and high enough that when you look through the air slot you can just see the bottom of your coils. When wicking, cut you tails to desired length, damp them with a little juice, then pull them up and stick your barrel on. Tuck the tails so they are over top the screws and away from the 'well' and air slits. If I can figure out how to post pics ill show you what I mean. Basically what this does for you is allow air to come up from underneath the coils and in between them, producing substantially better flavor. Hope this helps!

Reactions: DarrellG

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
IMG_20170126_154435070.jpg IMG_20170126_154558567.jpg

Got my CSMNT in a couple days ago and honestly I thought I was completely done with cloudy RDAs as i pretty much stick to my single coil RDAs like the hobo drifter with single coil reducer, Narda , O-atty, boost labs shift and the Hadaly but I liked the looks of this so I decided to pre order it.

Well first off the flavor for a 24mm RDA is very very good. With the airflow dialed a little less then halfway I am getting stellar flavor. I spun up some 3x30gx38g ss316l claptons 8 wraps over a 3mm id screwdriver and here's where I made my first mistake this puppy has the room so I should have gone with 3.5mm coils. The Flathead screws are beefy and easy to get some nice torque on them. I thought the direction of the screws and how it crushes the coil from the side instead of head on was going to really bother me and while I still view it as a con it really did not affect the coils or build experience as much as I had feared. As for coil placement I pulled them out and up a bit so through the air slit you can only see the bottom 50% of the coil giving me some nice side as well as under the coil airflow.
This deck is easy to build on and as far as cotton goes I juiced up my wick tails and pulled them back to the sides by the screws. Also the lack of a normal juice well is a non issue as the o ring on the deck does it's job well and the heighth of the block gives you plenty of room for juice and fully dripped I was able to get a good 15 plus pulls and definitely could go higher.

As I said earlier I have really gravitated towards higher resistance lower wattage vaping so I still don't run this as hot or high as some people would but was vaping the .26 build between 55w - 65w and it was warm dense and flavorful.

It is not enough to get me to shelf my squonker and single coil RDAs but it has mostly certainly joined the rotation and is one of the best RDAs of its ilk I have ever vapes.

Last edited:

DarrellG

Memba
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2016
Boston Massachusetts
@Joeteboe Thanks for the tips, man. I ended up making the very same adjustments you and Sed8 made. Those little tweaks make quite the difference. This is just a fun rda to play with. :)

@Sed8op8 I was thinking the same thing. This thing is kinda begging for a 3.5ID build. I switch things up here and there, but generally I've been going the same direction as you as far as higher resistance builds at lower wattage. Still get a satisfying vape, and a nice chunk of extra battery life. Win win. That being said, I did pop in some 6 wrap dual fused claptons running at 120W to see how this thing handles heat. The top cap does get toasty, but not nearly as extreme as dealing with this:
01291712321111.jpg

Vaping hot with that thing will get you crackhead lips.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
The csmnt aka "space monkey". Is my first venture into dailying an RDA at all. I'm a tank guy.

I like it. I like how it looks, it's not fiddly at all.

I'll echo the other advice that... go big or go home. 3.5mm is the way to go. And stop using so much wick. Bend it down, measure out just to the bottom of the atty itself, like just past the deck surface, so it will barely begin to roll under the coil. Fluff it and cut it. Then fill the thing about a mm or so under the side air. Like... (Wait for it...) a tank...

Ha!

I like the flat black / ultem look of the original kit. But I prefer using the comp/slam cap, tremendously. The original just gets too damn hot. I was worried the extra air would wreck the flavor, but rolled the dice a few days later on it. The way they did it, coming in that paper thin slit and then jamming down onto the coil only to slam into the air coming up. It's just way better. And, does not ever get hot.

I'm no Instagram coil builder, so be nice. (Please) This ended up at about .07. I was able to coax it up to .09 so the little minikin would even fire it.

And... today, I did a thing. With a DNA 250 chip, and some parts, and a soldering iron, and...

The cosmonaut is a must buy. Even if you don't do RDA's... cause... you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread