The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone with the Radar Rda ?

Discussion in 'RDA' started by QcVaper, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    So i've basically just bought the Gbox from geekvape (excellent piece of kit imho)
    Comes with the radar RDA which overall aint too bad at all, but the orings that keep the barrel in place are kinda loose and there's absolutely no resistance when pulling the barrel off, for some it might be good since it's easier then to check your deck and all but i like when it feels at least secure on there. I'm just wondering if anyone has the rda and if they have the same loose fit on the barrel section?

NB: for anyone wondering the radar is still imho an easy and cloud chucking rda,has great airflow which i use for a bit of bottom air on mine (dual fused claptons .21 0hms at 62 watts, 3mm)nice flavor too.Nothing fancy,no lights or anything useless of the sort, just a well working piece of kit tbh,and a nice and quick ramp up time, i barely ever purge before inhaling on that thing lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. HenTheKing

HenTheKing Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2016
    Essex, UK
    My rings are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    My Gbox should be here tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. the dog

the dog Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2016
    Mine was the same as yours and took the oring kit out of my machine and used oring for oring face fittings they have a little bit of a flat side and it works awesome go to hydraulic shop with your oring and ask for same size but oring face fitting

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pizzadave80

pizzadave80 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2016
    I have the same issue with mine. Not too impressed with the radar though so I probably won't mess with it to get tighter rings. I felt the metal to be too thin and it gets hot. It vapes nice though... Just don't like the heat. Going to try with a less aggressive build and see if I like it better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    i've had better luck with another drip tip, seems to feel less hot with a longer one.
    Though the barrell itself seems to be less hot than my peerless gets (doubt the radar is made of aluminium)

7. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I have no love for the Radar so far. Orings are loose and this thing gets HOT! To be fair I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. I threw my Goon on the Gbox and all is well.

8. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Yeah mine's loose aswell but they hold on fine, heat wise yeah it gets hot but only when i chain vape that thing alot (which i don't usually do). Obviously not the best rda but i like the squonking on it not to shabby tbh.

9. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I threw in some nichrome 80 rectangle wire coils. 3mm id 7 wraps spaced .19ohms at 60 watts. It really helped keep the heat down. Good flavor and clouds. Tomorrow I want to find some better orings. I also put on one of my drip tips. I think the Radar is ok at best. Nothing to write home about but not the worst either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I've been using the Radar for a coiple of days now. I'm suprised to say with the right build, better orings and a better drip tip it's not a bad RDA. Ok flavor and decent clouds. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to go out of their way to buy one though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I agree with this,it's a good rda but nothing special besides the weird deck, imho not worth buying by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LewisW295

LewisW295 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but as it's Radar related....

Did anybody find that the airflow was incredibly stiff? Lubing with juice didn't help either.

13. the dog

Jan 2, 2016
    I removed the oring and rubbed it with my fingers and ejuice then reinstalled it worked good

14. LewisW295

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    I'll give that a try then. My oring seemed to of been damaged when I got it as neither drip tip fits snugly.

15. the dog

Jan 2, 2016
    You should have gotten new orings in your box use the new ones

16. LewisW295

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    This is going to make me sound like a right muppet but I genuinely worry about changing the oring in the top cap

17. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    Out of the box mine was really stiff, I lubed the o-rings with some juice, and it really helped.

18. Budgie

Budgie Senior Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Saudi Arabia/Scotland
    I have the Gbox waiting for me when I get home in a few weeks, the reviews on both the Mod and rda seem good to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. QcVaper

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    it's a good starting Rda for sure but compared to something like my drop it like comparing apples to oranges lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. jim_87

jim_87 Resident Forum Lurker

Supporting member
    Apr 22, 2018
    USA
    I just got a GBOX, it is a good squonk. The radar rda I really like too, good flavor.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.