Anyone with the Radar Rda ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So i've basically just bought the Gbox from geekvape (excellent piece of kit imho)
Comes with the radar rda which overall aint too bad at all, but the orings that keep the barrel in place are kinda loose and there's absolutely no resistance when pulling the barrel off, for some it might be good since it's easier then to check your deck and all but i like when it feels at least secure on there. I'm just wondering if anyone has the rda and if they have the same loose fit on the barrel section?

NB: for anyone wondering the radar is still imho an easy and cloud chucking rda,has great airflow which i use for a bit of bottom air on mine (dual fused claptons .21 0hms at 62 watts, 3mm)nice flavor too.Nothing fancy,no lights or anything useless of the sort, just a well working piece of kit tbh,and a nice and quick ramp up time, i barely ever purge before inhaling on that thing lol.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
I have the same issue with mine. Not too impressed with the radar though so I probably won't mess with it to get tighter rings. I felt the metal to be too thin and it gets hot. It vapes nice though... Just don't like the heat. Going to try with a less aggressive build and see if I like it better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have the same issue with mine. Not too impressed with the radar though so I probably won't mess with it to get tighter rings. I felt the metal to be too thin and it gets hot. It vapes nice though... Just don't like the heat. Going to try with a less aggressive build and see if I like it better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
i've had better luck with another drip tip, seems to feel less hot with a longer one.
Though the barrell itself seems to be less hot than my peerless gets (doubt the radar is made of aluminium)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have no love for the Radar so far. Orings are loose and this thing gets HOT! To be fair I haven't really had a chance to play with it much. I threw my Goon on the Gbox and all is well.
Yeah mine's loose aswell but they hold on fine, heat wise yeah it gets hot but only when i chain vape that thing alot (which i don't usually do). Obviously not the best rda but i like the squonking on it not to shabby tbh.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I threw in some nichrome 80 rectangle wire coils. 3mm id 7 wraps spaced .19ohms at 60 watts. It really helped keep the heat down. Good flavor and clouds. Tomorrow I want to find some better orings. I also put on one of my drip tips. I think the Radar is ok at best. Nothing to write home about but not the worst either.

• Agree
Reactions: QcVaper

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've been using the Radar for a coiple of days now. I'm suprised to say with the right build, better orings and a better drip tip it's not a bad RDA. Ok flavor and decent clouds. I wouldn't recommend for anyone to go out of their way to buy one though.
I agree with this,it's a good rda but nothing special besides the weird deck, imho not worth buying by itself.

Reactions: Don29palms

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
So i've basically just bought the Gbox from geekvape (excellent piece of kit imho)
Comes with the radar RDA which overall aint too bad at all, but the orings that keep the barrel in place are kinda loose and there's absolutely no resistance when pulling the barrel off, for some it might be good since it's easier then to check your deck and all but i like when it feels at least secure on there. I'm just wondering if anyone has the rda and if they have the same loose fit on the barrel section?

NB: for anyone wondering the radar is still imho an easy and cloud chucking rda,has great airflow which i use for a bit of bottom air on mine (dual fused claptons .21 0hms at 62 watts, 3mm)nice flavor too.Nothing fancy,no lights or anything useless of the sort, just a well working piece of kit tbh,and a nice and quick ramp up time, i barely ever purge before inhaling on that thing lol.
I have the Gbox waiting for me when I get home in a few weeks, the reviews on both the Mod and rda seem good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread