anyone know of a good chai latte liquid??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
seems that all (masala) chai flavors are disappointments. i imagine it would cost too much time and effort to make a proper one. AVE's version just tastes like off-the-shelf flavoring sans the milk.. Pretty much, i think every "chai" juice i've had tastes like a poor approximation of a chai that McDonald's (or Taco Bell) might add to their breakfast drive-thru menu, with the added option of added CoolWhip™.. *shivers*... ok, I'm exagerating a bit.

btw, masala chai is a milk tea.. traditionally made with half water, half whole milk, sugar, and a bunch of distinctive whole spices brewed with the tea. And "chai" just means "tea".. & "masala" means "spiced"..

oh, how I dream of a good, proper Masala Chai... ;-)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Drinking it now. I blend cardamom, black peppercorn, clove,a pinch of fennel seed, and freshly ground cinnamon, added to my loose tea leaves; bring to exact blooming temperature and add the milk and steep. Every morning. Yum!

I'm curious to know a little more specifically what your extraction method is. I've been very interested in getting a good Chai (not to mention a good coffee) but I know most of the premade Chais out there seem to mostly taste like cinnamon and clove. How does your extract perform? (Vapor, suitable for cartos, shelf life, etc.) Thanks!

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I'm curious to know a little more specifically what your extraction method is. I've been very interested in getting a good Chai (not to mention a good coffee) but I know most of the premade Chais out there seem to mostly taste like cinnamon and clove. How does your extract perform? (Vapor, suitable for cartos, shelf life, etc.) Thanks!

Hi Mindfield. actually I don't diy. I was merely commenting on the real masala chai drink in response to what Dream had said in the post above mine. I have my own custom blend of spiced tea that I brew each morning. Sorry for any confusion.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I'm thinking people who like the actual drink don't like the juice and vice versa. My wife had me get it from AVE while I was placing an order, she likes to drink it while I don't. When it arrived she didn't care for the juice and I already got another bottle of it. I pretty much vape it everyday along with various tobacco juices switching back and forth.

Dream

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Redondo Beach
i think that nobody making chai juice really knows (or cares) how Masala Chai should taste... What we get is just an approximation of an approximation. It's an insult to those who love Masala Chai. I'd rather want to try this flavor mixed by somebody who is Indian.

If Sojourner ever finds a satisfactory Masala, I would have to try it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread