anyone mind taking a look at this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
Im working on creating a short document to include with all of my orders that outlines some of the basic usage and concerns that a new user may have. I would really appreciate it if a few people could take a look at it and let me know what they think and what I'm missing ( I know that there are a ton of things that should be in there and I have missed a bunch of them) I'm also less than eloquent as anyone who has read anything I have posted can attest to. Kinda like a turd hucking monkey.

Im guessing that the images and the format wont come through here on the forum, but you will at least get an idea of what it is that Im trying to do.

Thank you for purchasing one of our e-Cigarette products. Here are a few tips to make the beginning of your electronic cigarette experience more enjoyable.

First the warnings.
1.[FONT="] [/FONT]Nicotine is a toxin and ingestion of the liquid in the cartridges (eating or putting them in your mouth) can have serious health consequences. It is recommended that you keep all nicotine cartridges in a safe location where children or pets cannot access them.
2.[FONT="] [/FONT]Although it is legal for you to use your e-Cigarette anywhere it may be frowned upon and we ask that you be considerate of the people around you.

General usage information.
1.[FONT="] [/FONT]When you receive your e-Cigarette you can expect that all parts have been tested and work. You will need to remove the mouthpiece from the atomizer and replace it with a cartridge and give it a couple of drags before you see a good amount of vapor.
2.[FONT="] [/FONT]There are two main causes for a decrease in the amount of vapor that is being produced. It could be that the liquid in the cartridge you are using is running low, or it could be the battery is running low. (if the amount of vapor has significantly decreased and you have fresh batter and a fresh cartridge it is possible that the atomizer needs to be cleaned or is starting to malfunction)
3.[FONT="] [/FONT]Remember that the e-Cigarette is not a tobacco cigarette so you will have to learn how to smoke it. It may take a day or two to get used to the differences. It is different but most people find that they develop a method of using there e-Cigarette and are quite happy.
4.[FONT="] [/FONT]You will usually get a better draw and produce more vapor if you take a nice slow long drag off of your e-Cigarette. Draw just hard enough to activate the LED on the end of the battery for about 2 to 3 seconds.
5.[FONT="] [/FONT]It is not uncommon for a new user to overuse there e-cigarette and develop a sore throat. If this happens to you drink lots of water to help rehydrate your throat. This is more common with the mini style of e-Cigarette than with the pen style, but it does happen with both.
6.[FONT="] [/FONT]When you unpack your starter kit you will need to remove the foam piece that contains your e-Cigarette to access some of the accessories that come with the kit.

I am sure you will have many other questions and concerns so I will point you to the most valuable source for more information I have been able to find, It is a forum of both users and suppliers of e-Cigarettes and can be found here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

You will notice that there is a pen clip included with your starter kit if you bought one of the pen style kits. I have included this as I found it useful and thought that you might as well. Be careful when installing it if you decide to use it as it may scrape the coating on the outside of the atomizer. The easiest way to install the pen clip is to slide it over the mouthpiece of the cartridge and then onto the atomizer. The pen clip is used to keep the pen style e-Cigarette in your pocket if you should bend over to pick something up.

Again Thank you for your order
Phil Horne

e-Smokey Treats

Phil

kramerica2

Jul 15, 2008
Israel
Very nice job, you sure covered most of the stuff, but I think that the warning must include something about the PG. As an e-smoker, the PG concerns me much more than the nicotine. We do know that some people are sensitive to it, and we do know that (for better or worse) its a germicide. Even just to cover yourself legally, I think that you should mention something about unknown consequences of inhaling that stuff. You can try to phrase it in a way that won't reject potential buyers, but I believe that you must mention it in some way.

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
Very nice job, you sure covered most of the stuff, but I think that the warning must include something about the PG. As an e-smoker, the PG concerns me much more than the nicotine. We do know that some people are sensitive to it, and we do know that (for better or worse) its a germicide. Even just to cover yourself legally, I think that you should mention something about unknown consequences of inhaling that stuff. You can try to phrase it in a way that won't reject potential buyers, but I believe that you must mention it in some way.

I agree, its the wording of the issue that is the hard part. I dont want to scare people off, and as Im sure you can tell from my oh so eloquently worded document so far writing is not exactly my strong point.

Phil

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA

Yeah that would be a hard one. Something as simple as "The long term effects of inhaling PG are still unknown" could be enough to freak people out. Maybe you could do something like "If you would like to learn more about PG (the main ingredient in cartridges), the following links would be helpful" and put a link to the health section of this forum.

Or you could just put a general list of cartridge ingredients so customer will know what is in them, then can research further if they want.

In my opinion a PG warning isn't really necessary. We don't know anything concrete to warn people about. It would be pretty vague.

kramerica2

Jul 15, 2008
Israel
Yeah that would be a hard one. Something as simple as "The long term effects of inhaling PG are still unknown" could be enough to freak people out. Maybe you could do something like "If you would like to learn more about PG (the main ingredient in cartridges), the following links would be helpful" and put a link to the health section of this forum.

Or you could just put a general list of cartridge ingredients so customer will know what is in them, then can research further if they want.

In my opinion a PG warning isn't really necessary. We don't know anything concrete to warn people about. It would be pretty vague.

I'm thinking ahead on legal issues. Let's say there's no warning, and in 10 years we find out that PG inhaling is lethal. Every customer would sue those suppliers for not putting the warning.....

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
This probably isn't the right thread to do this, but I wanted to thank Phil & esmokeytreats for his help in helping me get some apple & strawberry penstyle carts.

He went out of his way to give me some real personalized service, and it was very much appreciated. Thank you Phil. :rolleyes:

No problem Doug, it was my pleasure...

Phil

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
First the warnings.
1.Nicotine is a toxin and ingestion of the liquid in the cartridges (eating or putting them in your mouth) can have serious health consequences. It is recommended that you keep all nicotine cartridges in a safe location where children or pets cannot access them.
2.Although it is legal for you to use your e-Cigarette anywhere it may be frowned upon and we ask that you be considerate of the people around you.
3. PG or Propelyn Glycol is the main additive in the cartridge/liquid which suspends the nicotine and flavourings. It is also what produces the vapour. Please Note that PG is classed as FOOD SAFE and has been tested safe for inhalation at certain levels, for example fog machines use PG for the smoke it is also used in firefighting training. But as of yet the effects have not been officially tested for use with electronic cigarettes.

sound to harsh ??

Last edited:

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
3. PG or Propelyn Glycol is the main additive in the cartridge/liquid which suspends the nicotine and flavourings. It is also what produces the vapour. Please Note that PG is classed as FOOD SAFE and has been tested safe for inhalation at certain levels ( fog machines use PG for the smoke) but as of yet the effects have not been officially tested for use with electronic cigarettes.

sound to harsh ??

I like it!

Thanks for your contribution... I have actually rewritten the whole thing a couple of times now so it is definitely a work in progress.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread