Anyone seen these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malarky

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2013
Nibiru (Planet X)
Just come out I think, I never seen them before. Pyrex with a metal cover.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 36

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, there's been mention of them in the tank sub-forum here. Pretty new to the market. Not had the opportunity to see them in the flesh or vape one. They remind me of the Big Daddy tanks a little, probably because of the juice window. Glad more manufacturers are going to pyrex and not polycarbonate. I think I'd like them more if the SMOK logo wasn't so big.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you guys prefer single or dual coil? I bought my first carto tank the other day, it was dual coil and I wasn't really impressed. The thing got so dang hot.

Yeah, same here. I prefer a cooler vape, and quite a few of the dual coils would taste burnt after a while of use. Since switching to single coils I've not had that, and they seem to give a smoother vape.

I think a lot of your satisfaction for dual coils would be if you prefer a warmer vape, and you have a variable voltage device. To really shine, I hear they need 4.5 volts minimum.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I prefer single coil carts my self but I dig out a dual coil atty every so often. What a great deal! less than 20 bucks for a glass tank. Ive payed almost a hundred but they were custom made back then.

It depends on the juice weather I like cool or warm. If you like warm vape get some HV single coil carts 4.5s or 5s and crank up the power. No burnt taste

Last edited:

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
idk about the smoktech ones but the true vivi nova version called the stv is alright if the QC was better, to explain i bought the full 20$ kit with 3 heads of varying ohms and 2 were shorted... wont work and wont fire on my vamo. also i notice a lack of wicking even with 70/30. not dry hits but not properly fed either... just my 2 cents i love the look and when they work their great but till they get better QC im steering clear.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
MyVaporStore.com

Nice looking tank but dang the replacement carto's are high...$10 for a 5 pack of Boge cartos! I can get a pack of 5 Boge Carto's at MBV for $6 just they are not flanged and pre-punched. I have a hard time believing that a flange and hole warrants nearly double the cost.

IF I decide to try this tank I may take a this metal washer that can screw onto the 510 threading, clip two sides and punch my own holes. That way I can use any carto I want in it.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Got one here, nice tank, running an XL Smoktech Carto in it at about 3.8v to 4.0v, the dual coil was way to warm and way to draining on my Ego V Mega V2 which can run a Protank 2 days at 4.2v. Only downside with it is you can't tear it apart to clean it, it one solid unit except the carto and clear drip tip it comes with. But if you going to run acidic, or plastic non-friendly juices, this one of those tanks to go with.

I just bought one from my local B&M. It was faulty, it would leak at the window between the metal and glass. Returned it and the shop owner said he'd never seen that problem before. Just my luck. Anyways, got another and tried it out. Was my first dual coil and either DC sucks or I was doing something wrong cause the draw was super tight and I hated it so I threw it out and put in a single coil atty. Works great now, draw is still a little tighter than I'm used to but not awful. I'd def buy one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread