What is the smallest clearo, tank, head? that wont melt with acidic juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are several options available to use the volatile flavors in. I've written a blog article on this subject in this link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

Your specific request was for the "smallest". You still have 2 - 3 options.
_____

IBTanked offers pyrex cartotanks in several sizes. https://www.ibtanked.com/ Two common lengths (standard 35mm and XL 45mm) and three diameters (19, 22, and 25mm). $22.50

Soon they will be offering something called a "halfling". http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy-126.html#post9527514

These are the liquid capacities of the IBTanks:

19mm Standard= 1.5ml
19mm XL = 2ml
22mm Standard = 3ml
22mm XL = 4.5ml
25mm Standard = 5ml
25mm XL = 8ml

IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg
19mm IBTanked on an eGo Spinner

22mm IBTanked on a Vamo
_____

Phiniac makes a "Skinny Phinny" pyrex cartotank. The Skinny Phinny - Phiniac Glass $32. 17mm diameter, standard or XL length. 1.2ml and 2ml capacity.

_____

The Kanger ProTank is a pyrex clearotank sold by multiple vendors. It doesn't use cartomizers, but uses replaceable string-wicked heads. Generally can be found for around $18. I believe it has a liquid capacity of 2 - 2.5ml.

ProTank on an eGo

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
As far as the smallest in the amount of juice it holds, this is what I have 510 SCT-V2 3.5ml Tank but it takes a 45mm (XL) carto, so it's not the shortest. It might also need an adaptor for the Vamo (I don't currently have one with a carto in it, so I can't tell for sure).

The shortest small tank I have is a 19mm standard size tank from IBTanked. It takes a 35mm carto.

ETA: I didn't know my IBT held so little juice. Thanks Bad!

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I saw it too. I would imagine the heads were replaceable if not, it's a waste of money to me.

Me too. I found the video subbed, maybe I missed it:

ETA: Okay somewhat subbed. Now I remember why I immediately dismissed it - eGo threading.

What made me think the heads weren't replaceable was when he gave one number for resistance, and that he didn't change the heads. Since replaceable heads is a major selling point, I think he would have done that in front of the camera. Still, a glass clearo is moving in a good direction.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Mini ProTank also looks like it only has eGo threading, so to use it on a regular 510 battery device one would need a 510-eGo thread adaptor.

0.8ml liquid capacity would make it an ideal juice sampling device for those wishing to trial volatile flavors and not use a drip atty.

If it doesn't have replaceable heads, though, I would imagine that it would be pretty expensive for a disposable device.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Mini ProTank also looks like it only has eGo threading, so to use it on a regular 510 battery device one would need a 510-eGo thread adaptor.

0.8ml liquid capacity would make it an ideal juice sampling device for those wishing to trial volatile flavors and not use a drip atty.

If it doesn't have replaceable heads, though, I would imagine that it would be pretty expensive for a disposable device.

I wouldn't exactly call it a Mini Protank then.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
There's also the mini vivi nova with metal tube MINI Vision Vivi Nova Tank System - Metal Tube . I thought not being able to see the liquid level would be a drawback, but it's not been a problem, just top up when the flavor starts to go missing. I've been using two going on 3 month now (alternating with other devices) and they've been my most reliable clearos. If you can call a metal tank a clearo. :p

I'm looking forward to trying a mini Protank when those are released.

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I must admit I'm lost when it comes to tanks that use cartos. Do the cartos need to punched? I've read about them but am clueless on what exactly to order. How do you know what punched carto goes on which tank? Yes, I'm hopeless. Maybe they all are standardized & everything works together? I don't have any idea.

I've read mixed reviews on the Kanger Pro Tank. Stuff like leaking etc. How true is any of that?
Then there's the question of threading stuff together, how would one know if an adapter or whatever is needed & which one works with what. What is the problem with threading? Is it because the Vamo threads are somewhat weak, like brass? I've read that.
Is there a great place to buy something that would work & help straighten my dumb a*# out?

As usual Baditude comes to the rescue. How in the world do you find all this stuff & post it all with links, etc? That's another thing I cant figure out how to do. Thanks B, you da' best.

I just want something that will still work on an ego type [KGO] + a Vamo which I just ordered & don't even have yet.
Planning ahead is what I'll call it. I'm using Vision 2.0 clearos now & that's all I have. I have a zero budget so whatever I get needs to be a good quality item.
It sounds like the Pro Tank might be the smart way to go? I'm not sure about tanks that use cartos enough to make me feel comfortable.
Or is that the better way to go? Seems to me whatever i can get ought to have replaceable heads or whatever.
I haven't ever rebuilt anything yet so it needs to be something easy for a big dummy.

The pics of the Pro Tank don't look too bad on the ego battery. I just didn't want anything gigantic & that makes the setup too unwieldy.

I'm pretty much a newbie working on the process of using my original KGO & going thru the standard upgrade process. I am pretty handy but suffer from TBI so things aren't so clear to me.
I am sure I will continue to use the KGO as my travel set up & figure the Vamo will mostly be for home. That will be nice to have a choice of sizes & besides, I cant imagine the looks one would get driving around while using the Vamo. Ha. It would seem sorta like texting & driving which I do not do. I'm one who needs to concentrate on the road & not be fiddling with stuff. Plus, it would seem like a good way to get yourself pulled over, LOL.

Thanks so much for the help. You are all the best.

Too bad half the flavors that sound good eat up plastic. I wonder why all the clearos & such out there aren't all made of glass or metal. Then the thought of aluminum comes to mind. Like cooking in aluminum pots.... not exactly comforting. Who knows what acids do to aluminum... maybe we'll find out later. Ha.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
A Protank would be great on your Vamo. Personally, I think they are a bit oversized and way too heavy for an ego/kgo battery.

Pbusardo has a great youtube review of the Protank and there are a couple of long threads on ECF about them. It seems like they work fine right out of the box for many people, others have to fuss a bit with the wicks or air holes to get them working right. One or two people reported leaky coil heads but swapping out the coil resolved the problems.

After some initial tinkering and about a tank-full of break-in time I'm pretty happy using mine on a Vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread