Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're posting has me very very curious. I've been in Hawaii around 20 years, vaping around 14. Been here for over 10. Never heard of hana modz. Are they/were they in Hana, Maui? Are they still around? What links I can find are at least 5 years old. Googling them is a frustration.

From what little I can see they look strong on technology but weak in aesthetics and ergonomics which happen to be my specialties in electronic design over the last 35 years.

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, hana essentially started the whole sure I'll pay $250 to sit and wait 6 months for a boxmod craze. As far as I recall, they did start the high end dna boxmod craze, arguably industry.

I had like #107 I think of the v2 dna20 :)

Not sure what happened but by v4, lawsuits, cutting corners, and crap materials made them vanish.

For example these black and blue v4s I have are cool except the battery door is total garbage and breaks within 5 openings/closings.

I would sell them, but not the brass/ss, they are very nice.
9cdf18eaa38f2674ecb61b336aee3e4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for explaining. Another sad story of an innovative American ecig company in the end failing.

If you can find a one man machine shop in your area, it's likely that he'll either be able to make you a couple of stronger battery doors for not that much money or know somebody who can. If yours have broken into pieces make sure you bring the pieces.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Well, hana essentially started the whole sure I'll pay $250 to sit and wait 6 months for a boxmod craze. As far as I recall, they did start the high end dna boxmod craze, arguably industry.

I had like #107 I think of the v2 dna20 :)

Not sure what happened but by v4, lawsuits, cutting corners, and crap materials made them vanish.

For example these black and blue v4s I have are cool except the battery door is total garbage and breaks within 5 openings/closings.

I would sell them, but not the brass/ss, they are very nice.
9cdf18eaa38f2674ecb61b336aee3e4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

I had a few of the V1s when they first came off the line. No colors nor rounded corners yet, but they did make quite a splash.

Once the initial owner (a really cool guy who built race cars by trade) sold off, the quality took a serious nosedive. Him selling was one of too many unfortunate incidents in the early stages of vape (Steeljan, etc.).

Those early ones were nice though (IMO), especially the V2s.

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for explaining. Another sad story of an innovative American ecig company in the end failing.

If you can find a one man machine shop in your area, it's likely that he'll either be able to make you a couple of stronger battery doors for not that much money or know somebody who can. If yours have broken into pieces make sure you bring the pieces.

Yea, I've been trying to keep an eye out for someone. Yes, sad about Hana, but I can tell you one American vape icon that keeps chuggin' - ye 'ole BilletBox...

• Love

crazydmnd

Jul 7, 2014
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was definitely a good read. I didn't know too much about what had happened, I had a v2 and lost it at a party. I just still like them, not sure about the quality of anything pass that version.
Agreed, I gave my v2 to an old roommate I was trying to turn from smokes. I liked that classic foem factor a lot - note: mine are the v4s, "s" for single battery and a slimmer form factor.

Losing one is harsh - I know the pain well; lost a znalite at work and lost my beloved week old red xvo stick pro 26650 in the woods walking my dog cause she ate a whole in my pocket the previous evening.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Agreed, I gave my v2 to an old roommate I was trying to turn from smokes. I liked that classic foem factor a lot - note: mine are the v4s, "s" for single battery and a slimmer form factor.

Losing one is harsh - I know the pain well; lost a znalite at work and lost my beloved week old red xvo stick pro 26650 in the woods walking my dog cause she ate a whole in my pocket the previous evening.

That 2nd paragraph always causes my stomach to turn a bit. A ZNA AND an Xvo! :(:facepalm::shock::(

Red, no less. :(:(:(:(:(

nickj83

Verified Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a practically new green one I've been sitting on since it was released. I believe it's a v3 (I'm not at home at the moment to verify). I've fired it at most 5 times. At the time of purchase I was too deep into cloud chasing so it didn't fit my style so in storage it went for years. Has the original box and retractable usb charging cable.

Reactions: joeybear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread