The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone still using these?

Discussion in 'Joye 306' started by jdg, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jdg

jdg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Eastern South Dakota
    I see that you can still buy a starter kit here, and I found a couple of old atties in my box the other day. Just wondering if anyone is still using this style of atomizer.
    OR, if you're old school and want to share some fond memories of the ol' LR 306, I'd love to share in your nostalgia. ;)

2. CliffCavin

CliffCavin Full Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yup. I still have a few of the old school atomizers, bridged and bridgeless, that look like a cigarette filter. They hold all of 3 or 4 drops, and leak like a sieve. And cartomizers! I have a large box with at least 500 carts. Single coil, dual coil, shorty's, XL's.

I still puff on a Boge 2.2 ohm cart on a spinner battery in the evening from time to time. Since moving on mostly to drippers, I figure I have a 10 year supply of cartomizers.

Kanger T2 tanks is what transitioned me from cigarettes to vape. For my first 6 months of vaping the T2 was pretty much all I used.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    I actually purchased the 510 atomizers about a week ago for testing DIY juices since I don't have or use a dripper. I don't like them. Leaky and had one burnout on me and it was disgusting.

4. Liskrig

Liskrig Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    MA, USA
    HA! This brings back memories of what Blu E-Cigs used to look like!

Before they got the new "tank" system, they used to be one of these, and sold them separately from the flavor cartos, and batteries.

PS - They are awful ;)

5. Tol

Tol Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2011
    NY
    I don't use them these days but I have a bunch of Cisco LR and Boge kicking around.

6. poconojo

poconojo Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Florida
    I still use the 306 cisco LR atomizers. The flavor is awesome in 306 atomizers. You can get a 306 Grail from Avid Vapor and drip like 20 drops and vape for a while before refilling. The 306 atomizer screws into the Grail. A very nice combination.

• Like Like x 2
  7. xyanide

xyanide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    The Netherlands
    These are from before my time (started fall 2012), but I've always been curious about the flavor.

8. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Yes, I still use them occasionally. And, that's all my brother would use for a long time. He's been trying to find something better lately though. Finally started experimenting.

The 306 can be a really good atomizer. But, the QC isn't the best on them. The Cisco Spec are the only ones I've found to be reliable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Pikeybarsteward

Pikeybarsteward Full Member Verified Member

Aug 21, 2011
    UK
    As it happens , I was shopping for 306s the other month :) I still have a working Good Sense Vapor DCA and I became fond of that loaded with a Bauway LR :D

I was always a big fan of traditional atomisers . To be honest I thought they were the best game in town . When cartos , clearos and tanks took over I amassed quite a collection of bargain bin dripping attys ....several years supply for pennies :D . I still have many many boxes of LR and SR 801s, LR and SR 901s , LR , SR and HV 510s :banana:. Oh and a load of dual coil 510s as well :)

As all the oldskool will remember these things were like golddust early on . I flatly refused to buy penstyle because they were ruinous prices at first . In the early days my vaping life was a convoluted chessgame trying to afford enough stuff to vape all day . I spent a lot of time boiling atomiers and charging tiny batteries . Once I got on my feet vapewize I swore I would never be in that situation again .

A couple of years on , the bottom fell out of the cartridge /atomizer market and vapefirms couldn't give them away . I was true to my word and bought the lot . I still had one sitting on a mod as late as 2015 ...usually a Joye 510 LR which are my favourites :) I still think of my traditional atomizers as a security buffer , even though basic vape equipment is commonplace in bricks and mortar shops now .

• Like Like x 3
  10. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    I bought about 50+ LR and SR 510 shorty attys about 6-8 months ago and a bunch of drip tips for them. Website was pretty much closing them out. I also still have about 4 of the JoyeTech ones from my original double 510 starter kit. I love to use them while doing the 100DT on small samples of new recipes. Can't beat them either for stealth, quick few vapes on top either the slim 510 batteries, a little 450mAh eGo, or an Eleaf iStick Mini 10w mod. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. timmerz

timmerz Full Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Temperance Michigan
    im oldschool as hell... ive still got a bunch of 4xx and 901 tidbits...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Pikeybarsteward

Aug 21, 2011
    UK
    Gotta love the Passthru . I was plugged into a Joye passthru for many many weeks in the early days . My first had a 10440 battery inline and it was a saviour .

Natch , once I had a few 18650s in the house I never used them again :).

• Like Like x 1
  13. subwayaznm

subwayaznm A Geek with a Cool slice Verified Member

Jan 24, 2016
    USA
    I still have an old Lava Tube I think they used to call them. Used to insert the Carto Cartridge in the center that would seal top and bottom. That was it back in the beginning of Vaping:D

14. Pikeybarsteward

Aug 21, 2011
    UK
    A carto tank ? :shock:

That's crazy future talk from 2011/12 :D . We would have sold our souls for carto tanks in 2009 :p.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    • Like Like x 2
  16. poconojo

poconojo Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Florida
    I remember using the blue foam in my carts. The filler never wicked right. All we had were cigalikes then. I still have my first 10440 mod which was the cisco laser mod. This paired with a cartomizer was vaping heaven.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Pikeybarsteward

Aug 21, 2011
    UK
    I found a tobacco tin full of my modded carts last year :D . I was all about the straw mod on me 510s :D .

• Like Like x 1
  18. Section1

Section1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Metropolis, IL, Earth
    I still use them at times, I have a stockpile of 306, 510, and 901 stuff. I wouldn't want to use them all the time like when I started vaping but they still work and still get some use. Not often though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    That's what I use for stealth. A little 650 mah eGo with either a 306 or 510 on it. Just drop that and a tiny bottle of juice in your pocket to stealth vape in the bathroom or wherever.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.