Anyone still using these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffCavin

Nov 15, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Yup. I still have a few of the old school atomizers, bridged and bridgeless, that look like a cigarette filter. They hold all of 3 or 4 drops, and leak like a sieve. And cartomizers! I have a large box with at least 500 carts. Single coil, dual coil, shorty's, XL's.

I still puff on a Boge 2.2 ohm cart on a spinner battery in the evening from time to time. Since moving on mostly to drippers, I figure I have a 10 year supply of cartomizers.

Kanger T2 tanks is what transitioned me from cigarettes to vape. For my first 6 months of vaping the T2 was pretty much all I used.

Reactions: Cloudd

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I see that you can still buy a starter kit here, and I found a couple of old atties in my box the other day. Just wondering if anyone is still using this style of atomizer.
OR, if you're old school and want to share some fond memories of the ol' LR 306, I'd love to share in your nostalgia. ;)
I still use the 306 cisco LR atomizers. The flavor is awesome in 306 atomizers. You can get a 306 Grail from Avid Vapor and drip like 20 drops and vape for a while before refilling. The 306 atomizer screws into the Grail. A very nice combination.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yes, I still use them occasionally. And, that's all my brother would use for a long time. He's been trying to find something better lately though. Finally started experimenting.

The 306 can be a really good atomizer. But, the QC isn't the best on them. The Cisco Spec are the only ones I've found to be reliable.

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
UK
As it happens , I was shopping for 306s the other month :) I still have a working Good Sense Vapor DCA and I became fond of that loaded with a Bauway LR :D

I was always a big fan of traditional atomisers . To be honest I thought they were the best game in town . When cartos , clearos and tanks took over I amassed quite a collection of bargain bin dripping attys ....several years supply for pennies :D . I still have many many boxes of LR and SR 801s, LR and SR 901s , LR , SR and HV 510s :banana:. Oh and a load of dual coil 510s as well :)

As all the oldskool will remember these things were like golddust early on . I flatly refused to buy penstyle because they were ruinous prices at first . In the early days my vaping life was a convoluted chessgame trying to afford enough stuff to vape all day . I spent a lot of time boiling atomiers and charging tiny batteries . Once I got on my feet vapewize I swore I would never be in that situation again .

A couple of years on , the bottom fell out of the cartridge /atomizer market and vapefirms couldn't give them away . I was true to my word and bought the lot . I still had one sitting on a mod as late as 2015 ...usually a Joye 510 LR which are my favourites :) I still think of my traditional atomizers as a security buffer , even though basic vape equipment is commonplace in bricks and mortar shops now .

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I bought about 50+ LR and SR 510 shorty attys about 6-8 months ago and a bunch of drip tips for them. Website was pretty much closing them out. I also still have about 4 of the JoyeTech ones from my original double 510 starter kit. I love to use them while doing the 100DT on small samples of new recipes. Can't beat them either for stealth, quick few vapes on top either the slim 510 batteries, a little 450mAh eGo, or an Eleaf iStick Mini 10w mod. :)

im oldschool as hell... ive still got a bunch of 4xx and 901 tidbits...

Attachments

• m403-retractablemouse.PNG
    m403-retractablemouse.PNG
    202 KB · Views: 28

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
A carto tank ? :shock:

That's crazy future talk from 2011/12 :D . We would have sold our souls for carto tanks in 2009 :p.
I remember using the blue foam in my carts. The filler never wicked right. All we had were cigalikes then. I still have my first 10440 mod which was the cisco laser mod. This paired with a cartomizer was vaping heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread