anyone tried the sub ohm kit for Kayfun v4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends, I've was just wondering if any of you tried the sub ohm kit for kayfun v4 ? If yes, what were your thoughts on it? I do like to sub ohm myself although never thought of doing it with a kayfun. I know the kit adds more air flow to allow a lower ohm build without burning. I was curious how well it worked. My curiosity got the best of me and I bought the kit. Five dollars wasn't so bad. It won't arrive for another week but i wanted your thoughts on the kit. I'm am aware the manufacturer of kayfun does not advise use of the kit. Other than that, any thoughts? All answers welcome. Thanks.

sflaguy

Nov 29, 2014
bay area
Hi friends, I've was just wondering if any of you tried the sub ohm kit for Kayfun v4 ? If yes, what were your thoughts on it? I do like to sub ohm myself although never thought of doing it with a kayfun. I know the kit adds more air flow to allow a lower ohm build without burning. I was curious how well it worked. My curiosity got the best of me and I bought the kit. Five dollars wasn't so bad. It won't arrive for another week but i wanted your thoughts on the kit. I'm am aware the manufacturer of kayfun does not advise use of the kit. Other than that, any thoughts? All answers welcome. Thanks.
I had the same thought about more air & a lower build. I've been using my V4 for two weeks now at a 1.4 & and am loving the flavor but the draw's a bit tight. Vape Rev just received the kits back in stock & I ordered mine today :)

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Thanks for the reply. I guess we both will soon find out how well the kit works. I figure it's not much lost if it does not work because the kit is so inexpensive. However if it does work well then I'm really going to enjoy it because I do enjoy the flavor produced from the v4 tank. Let me know after yours arrives your thoughts on it. Mine is ordered around the same time yours is so we should be trying it about the same time :)

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Yes but...since I'm running Ni200 I removed the spring and added a filed off washer under the square nut so the 4S bottoms out when JC full open. Makes better contact and when my builds total resistance is .07 to .1 ohms, then .01 ohms is a big deal especially to taste on DNA-40. Plus I never found JC between open and closed did anything anyways. So when JC is full open and the stem bottoms out on the square nut then air flow is restricted to go through the tiny air holes on the flat sides of the hex on the stem. I don't think the 4S I got was supposed to have holes that small. Regardless, I also notched the bottom of the 4S stem with a dremel so it will flow even more air than the 4 tiny holes through the sides. Now it works right LOL.

washer.jpg

4smod.jpg

Original on left, 4s in middle, modded 4s on right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread