The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

anyone tried the sub ohm kit for Kayfun v4?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by realsis, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. realsis

realsis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    Hi friends, I've was just wondering if any of you tried the sub ohm kit for Kayfun v4 ? If yes, what were your thoughts on it? I do like to sub ohm myself although never thought of doing it with a kayfun. I know the kit adds more air flow to allow a lower ohm build without burning. I was curious how well it worked. My curiosity got the best of me and I bought the kit. Five dollars wasn't so bad. It won't arrive for another week but i wanted your thoughts on the kit. I'm am aware the manufacturer of kayfun does not advise use of the kit. Other than that, any thoughts? All answers welcome. Thanks.

2. sflaguy

sflaguy Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    bay area
    I had the same thought about more air & a lower build. I've been using my V4 for two weeks now at a 1.4 & and am loving the flavor but the draw's a bit tight. Vape Rev just received the kits back in stock & I ordered mine today :)

3. realsis

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    Thanks for the reply. I guess we both will soon find out how well the kit works. I figure it's not much lost if it does not work because the kit is so inexpensive. However if it does work well then I'm really going to enjoy it because I do enjoy the flavor produced from the v4 tank. Let me know after yours arrives your thoughts on it. Mine is ordered around the same time yours is so we should be trying it about the same time :)

4. sflaguy

sflaguy Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    bay area
    Let you know when received & installed! Post your results if you get it first

5. realsis

Apr 8, 2014
    California
    Ok I sure will! And if you gets yours first, I would really like to hear your thoughts ok. Post here or pm me. I sure hope the installation process is easy! I would hate to ruin the tank! I checked tracking and my kit is shipped but still a few states away. I will keep you posted! :)

6. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to RTA from Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

7. 350ZMO

350ZMO Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Alabama
    Yes but...since I'm running Ni200 I removed the spring and added a filed off washer under the square nut so the 4S bottoms out when JC full open. Makes better contact and when my builds total resistance is .07 to .1 ohms, then .01 ohms is a big deal especially to taste on DNA-40. Plus I never found JC between open and closed did anything anyways. So when JC is full open and the stem bottoms out on the square nut then air flow is restricted to go through the tiny air holes on the flat sides of the hex on the stem. I don't think the 4S I got was supposed to have holes that small. Regardless, I also notched the bottom of the 4S stem with a dremel so it will flow even more air than the 4 tiny holes through the sides. Now it works right LOL.

washer.jpg

4smod.jpg

Original on left, 4s in middle, modded 4s on right.

8. VNlilMAN

VNlilMAN Full Member

Nov 15, 2012
    LA
    where did you find it for $5?

9. thatmank

thatmank Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Houston
    I installed mine yesterday and I like the increased airflow. It's now possible to do lung hits with it. One downside to consider is that the 4S stem is not adjustable like the stock stem. There are no grooves on the inside of the 4S stem. it took less than 5 minutes to install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.