Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
One of the LT's that Apollo sells is Ego compatible. I have an SS one. Anyways my wife got turned on to vaping. She's not an ecig enthusiast like me though. She wanted something small, so I got her an Ego C kit from Cignot.

Now I'm kinda jealous of her ecig because it's so small. But it's not a VV like the LT. I know of the Ego twist batteries, but I haven't tried them. I tried to fit the Ego C cone on my supposedly Ego compatible LT, and it doesn't fit.

So what is the extra threads for on the inside of my LT? I know there are different versions of Ego's out there. I'm just trying to find the right one to set up an Ego on my LT.

And it's obviously not compatible for an Ego C.

Thanks.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Yeah while it does have an eGo compatible top-cap, not everything fits. I thought that the eGo cone did fit on it, but I guess not. I'm pretty sure my buddy has used hit eGo-T cone on his and he said it fit, but now I'm confused bc doesn't the eGo-T and eGo-C use the same cone? I know that one of the more commonly used things that does not fit on it is the Stardusts, but I'm not really sure what else doesnt.
The Smoktech "eGo 2.5ml tanks" that Madvapes sells do fit and most of the "eGo style cartomizers" that madvapes sells also fit.

If you do want to use something that doesn't fit like a stardust or your eGo-C cone, you could always just get the 510-ego shorty adapter. It doesn't raise it up much at all, but then they fit with no problems

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
I have one of these and not only do cones fit it fine, but also a Stardust will fit on it natively without a shorty 510-510 extension.

Crystal Clear Vaping

[EDIT: Not] all ego connections on these type of devices are created equal. It's best to check before you buy if hardware x,y, or z will fit on it. I should say though that mine is chrome plated something rather than a solid piece of stainless like yours. There is something to be said for that.

Last edited:

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I have one of these and not only do cones fit it fine, but also a Stardust will fit on it natively without a shorty 510-510 extension.

Crystal Clear Vaping

All ego connections on these type of devices are created equal. It's best to check before you buy if hardware x,y, or z will fit on it. I should say though that mine is chrome plated something rather than a solid piece of stainless like yours. There is something to be said for that.

Actually the statement about all eGo connections on lavatube type devices being the same is not true. CCVs new version 2 lavatube made by Young June has a slightly different top-cap and center pin that I've never seen before. Look at the 2nd picture on CCVs website from your link. I haven't used one yet, but noticed it last week when i saw the picture. The top cap is slightly different and their seems to be alittle more space where the eGo threads are. Also the center pin is completely different.

I have a SS Vtube from Apollo and I've also used 3-4 other "chrome lavatubes" from various vendors that my friends have and they all have the same eGo top cap. The center pin is thin and looks more like a pin, and it's also spring loaded and moves up and down.
CCVs new version 2s center pin is much wider and it appears to be flat, but I'm not sure bc its hard to tell in the picture.
I also noticed that CCVs has 4 airhole slots on the top of the 510 connector, while my SS Vtube and friends chrome ones only have 2 air slots.

Like I said, I haven't used CCVs new version 2 yet, but noticed last week that the eGo top cap is def different. I figured at some point someone was going to tweak the design slightly to make it more compatible with stuff, especially commonly used eGo stuff like the Stardusts. I def wana try it out and compare it to my SS Vtube.

I was curious about the center pin bc it's hard to see in the picture. Is it spring-loaded like the other ones? And is it flat?

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Actually the statement about all eGo connections on lavatube type devices being the same is not true.

I apologize for that. I mistyped and meant to say "Not" all ego connections are the same. Sorry for any confusion.

As for the pin in mine, it is not spring loaded. In the way of making up for my sloppy post, here is a pic of my center pin. Sorry for the confusion.

Centerpin in Ltube.jpg

Damn I wish I could figure out how to post bigger pics. This pic was 383K

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
Like I said, I haven't used CCVs new version 2 yet, but noticed last week that the eGo top cap is def different. I figured at some point someone was going to tweak the design slightly to make it more compatible with stuff, especially commonly used eGo stuff like the Stardusts. I def wana try it out and compare it to my SS Vtube.

You ever go to the White Rose Vapers meets? I'm heading to the one on the 28th. If you show, you're welcome to give mine the once over. I know it's kind of a haul, but it's about 3 hours each way for me. I might be heading down to the Allentown area in the next week or two. If I do, I'll let you know and you can look at my Lavatube while I jam my face full of White Castle Jalepeno sliders.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah Young June's LT top is definitely different from Apollo's (as mentioned in the post #4).

I even checked Apollo's website to see if there were any details/info about their LT being Ego compatible. But I couldn't find any.

So what fits on the inside/side threads of Apollo's LT...or should I say 'Vtube?'

I'm thinking about just calling Apollo and asking.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
On another note...just for info.

I bought this tank. E2 eGo Clearomizer Tank [EGOE2CLEAROTANK] - $12.99 :

I thought it would look cool on my SS LT. But guess what?...It doesn't fit. It's 510 threading but the tank bottom is too wide to fit inside the LT. And bc of the tank skirt it will not fit any LT.

So I got some unsealed shorty 510 to 510 adapters from Madvapes, and it fit perfect. But then the battery wasn't making a connection. I've read of others having success with the SEALED version of the 510 to 510 adapters on their LT. So maybe it's because I got the unsealed one's. I only got the unsealed one's to accomodate for the center pin, and better airflow. But they don't work.

I tried these unsealed adapters with the first version LT that Volcano sells with a 510 atty, and it worked. So it's all trial and error.

That tank BTW fits the EGO C without any adapters.

Bunnyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Vape Island
Using a l-rider lt lambo, with the spring loaded pin. Must say although there is threads meant for ego clearomizers such as the ce4+ to fit. Apparently they got their measurements wrong and they dont really fit. The cones are a tad too long so the 510 connection internally does not come into contact with the lt. I use a 510-ego adapter when i use my ce4+.

Seen a few videos on youtube that mentioned of the same problem. However, the newer versions may be able to fit. I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread