New/Old/SS:
2uy0egj.jpg

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
OT but... looking at these stunning devices I really don't understand how anybody could prefer the vertical engravings... :blink:

After many post here I think we can say

1)taste
2)used to something els.

When some one used to have something at one place and became to like it very much,
It can disturbed him a lot,if you change it.
Think of Mercedes logo (the old one that was on the engine hood in the center)
And take it as now on the radiator grill or on the side of the engine hood,
I guess it will get the same comments.

This most disturbed old GG users,and much less if not at all new users.

I like both,and I can see beauty in both,
And I prefer new designs to new Items to distinguish them from old items.
To my opinion that make the old items unique and in time this will be classic as well.
That my personal approach and it can't be argued!
Though I do enjoy very to see this passion posts about wings and sizes,
That only show how people love there GG's,and that's great as I love mine.

All the same can be said on new brass vs old brass.
Only after time that you have owned both in hand and used them,
you really can appreciate both.
I wouldn't choose new brass over old brass,but I happy to have both.

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
With its lighter than 'classic' yellow brass color, less contrasting, i find the new brass (the first low-numbered jGG i bought when just launched) matching well if no better a lone steel accents, like the extension sleeve or simply the jGG collector tank or the Ithaka on it (like in jewelry where somes consider a full rose gold piece allowing better white metals small light touch than full yellow gold ones does, while yellow gold small accents in the other hand 'pimp' better full steel/white items).

But when it comes to contrast a steel jGG with multiple yellow parts for a tutone-1980's looked jGG, like bottom cap + 1 sleeve + buttonhead+jGG acr i still prefer the old yellow brass.

In a small collection, where you can find exotic brass like the paps lux , copper mods, gold plated rings, or other attemps to 'nobelize' the rough material, a full new brass jGG (with its stealth cap + ithaka new AcR) is a very unique tone and a subtle device.

I used and maintain them too much to have any feedback to share about tarnishing ;) both brass jGG are dead-shiny everyday !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread