GBOX 200W SQUONK MOD WITH RADAR RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Gbox 200W Squonk mod with Radar rda by Geekvape. The Gbox Squonk kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by James from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-gbo...16913.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc GBOX Mod+Radar rda
1pc GV Allen Key
1pc USB Cable
1pc Spare Squonk Bottle
1pc Delrin drip tip
1pc User manual
1pc Radar RDA Accessories pack
1pc 510 drip tip adapter

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Gbox is a large mod, but then a dual battery squonk mod is always going to be the size of at least an average sized 3 battery device. The device is quite rounded (the top and bottom being almost egg shaped) which gives it good ergonomics if your hands are big enough. The device is entirely the colour of choice apart from an accent that surrounds the screen and buttons. The fire button sits above and + / - keys below a nice sized screen which displays plenty of information, finally at the bottom at the front is the micro USB port. The back of the device has branding on the vertical in the form of "GBOX" and the cut out section to allow you to press the squonk bottle. The bottom of the device has a release latch which allows the battery door to spring open (again another device where the battery door is done very well). Also on the bottom is more branding, manufacture information and safety stamps. The top of the device has more branding in the form of "geek vape" and the spring loaded 510. The device i was sent is black with deep red accent and looks rather pleasing to the eye. The device came with a black Radar RDA which is stumpy in appearance and comes fitted with a matching black 810 drip tip and gold plated BF pin already installed (the kit also includes standard pin, 510 adaptor and black 510 drip tip). The only outer features of the RDA are the duel airflow and the word "RADAR" printed on it in a very shiny silver.

Radar Specs:

Size: 24mm x 20.8mm(without mouthpiece)
Type: Rebuild dipper tank
Thread: 510
Protruding BF and Standard pin
Color: Black, SS, Gun Metal

Radar Build

The build deck looks rather strange with coils to be fitted at an angle from the sides but downwards keeping the coils at a reasonable height. They are fixed in place again at an angle from above with very good quality grub screws and despite the weird look of the posts it was a breeze to do a build and wick. The juice well is not that deep but due to how snug the sleeve fits over the duel o-rings and height of the side airflow's i really can't see people having leaking issues.

Radar Performance

I got very good flavour and cloud from the Radar but i wouldn't class it as stand out, i used the device mainly with the Digiflavor Drop but gave the Radar a good go and i would say it certainly is a very good RDA in it's own right rather than just being a make do kit RDA. The airflow has a tiny slit centrally above it. You can use the airflow as a normal duel cyclops but then turning more gives you just the centre section open which now also bring these slits into play. Having the airflow this way allows you do have half airflow while still having it lined up centrally.

Gbox Specs:

● Supports 2pcs 18650 batteries ( not included )
● Wattage range: 5 - 200W
● Resistance range: 0.05 - 3 ohm
● TC range: 200 - 600 Deg.F / 100 - 315 Deg.C
● Supports Ni200, Ti and SS
● Spring loaded 510 connector
● Micro USB port-passthrough capability
● Durable battery lock mechanism
● Variable mode selections: POWER / TC - NI / TC - SS / TC - TI / TC - TCR / VPC / BYPASS
Material: Stainless Steel,Zinc Alloy
Product size (L x W x H): 11.48 x 5.54 x 4.60 cm / 4.52 x 2.18 x 1.81 inches
Product weight: 0.2200 kg
Colours: Pearl Chrome, Army Green, Wine Red, Black & Red

Filling the Squonk Bottle

When fitting the batteries you can see the squonk bottle fits into place in the same way as the batteries, so instead of having 3 batteries you have 2 batteries and the squonk bottle. So to pull your squonk bottle out you need to have the battery door open, then grip the sides through the cut out section and give a little tug downwards. This reveals the metal pipe and bung that seals the bottle. Once filled just put back in through the battery door and push upwards so the bung can seal the bottle and the pipe feeds back inside it. This does work really well but only with your batteries removed as the tug downwards on the bottle sends your batteries flying across the room.

Using the Gbox

The Gbox is the normal 5 clicks on and off, when the device is on you can press the + & - together to lock and unlock those keys but the device will still fire. Also pressing the - and fire buttons together dims the screen to whatever % you want, likewise + and fire together raises the brightness up to a maximum of 100%. The menu system is simple to use, to enter it is 3 clicks of the fire button. The + key takes you through the different modes, power, then the TC wires, TCR, curve and bypass. As you go through the modes, the mode is highlighted. When you reach the mode you want to change settings in wait (seems between 3 - 5 seconds) and it becomes un-highlighted, you can now use the + & - keys to alter values. Despite being a 200w device when in temp control it only allows the wattage to be set up to a maximum of 80w which could be a big issue to high wattage temp control users.

Performance

I only vape in power mode so had no issues and found the Gbox seemed very accurate and squonked really well. You can fit up to 26mm RDA's without overhang so most RDA's will fit fine. Then of course it's the main feature, the battery life. I noticed no efficiency issues so you are getting good duel battery life and it is fully firmware up-gradable. I personally found it too large to carry about with me but as a desktop squonker with long battery life it is ideal.

Radar Likes

Good flavour and cloud
Very easy build
Excellent Grub screws

Radar Dislikes

Not very deep juice well

Gbox Likes

Duel Battery
200W
Temp control
Curve
Easy bottle removal
Fully Regulated
Good battery door
Easy Menu System

Gbox Dislikes

Have to remove batteries to fill bottle
80w maximum in temp control (not a problem for power mode users)
Not very portable

Conclusion

A very good high powered regulated squonker with good battery life.

I would once again like to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the Gbox 200w Squonk Mod with Radar RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-gbo...16913.html

Reactions: vapbig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread