Status
Not open for further replies.

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
Kind of a mess of 'em. I think I know the issue but maybe I don't.

First issue I got is that the CVI will just shut off randomly on me and the only way to get it back is to unscrew the bottom cap to break connection and rescrew it back in. I think I know the cause of this is as I found out through use that the connection pin at the controller module can come loose and it dented the top caps of my batteries. I am planning to order some new batteries but I am curious if there is anything I can do to prevent my replacement batteries from suffering this fate.

Second issue is limited entirely to my Ikenvape Cannon and I'm not sure what is causing this. I've been vaping away on it and I've had the CVI switch to displaying OHMS and under displaying the OHMS (I've seen it say 1.9 for what it used to call 2.5ohm) and the only way I can get to switch back to showing wattage is to take remove the battery and put it back in. I've also had an even rarer issue of it switching from Wattage to Voltage Mode on it's own and occasionally when this happens it can also just bounce to 3.0 watts on it's own. Since it's just the Ikenvape Cannon this happens with I assume it's the atomizers fault but it's kind of reminiscent of the issue I mentioned that I credit to the battery.

Any advice is welcome, especially on what brand of batteries to get. Right now I am using just the standard flat top IMR 18650 that has no brand name on it as far as I know and I plan to order new batteries from fasttech and my couple of quick run throughs of their battery list hasn't shown me any that look like mine. I assume any old 18650 battery will work but I'd like some brand recommendations.

I've also just considered retiring my CVI and getting the iTaste SVD. Anyways, long post is getting long.

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
Just a thought, check the bottom hot spring, I found mine to be a bit weak so I changed it out.

I changed mine out with a Joytech 18650 T base and a spring from a flashlight I had....looks better too...

Camera(105).jpg Camera(107).jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread