Apache from MountainOakVapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Apache from www.mountainoakvapors.com review.

The juice: Aged 3 weeks. 70/30 pg/vg at 18mg. Apache is an English pipe blend of Flue Cured Virginia, Oriental, and Latakia tobaccos.

The hardware: The Dream Fatty V2 clone with a dual wire coil at 1.1 ohms and the A6 rebuildable dripper at 1.6 ohms. Vaped on the Smoktech chrome epipe.

Sweetness (1 equals little to none, 5 equals sickenly): 2. There is a little sweetness to be found here, not much but it's there. It's a signature sweetness found in the other MOV NETs, and is almost the same as what I found in QnJ's Turkish and Fire Cured. The signature sweet taste I get from this and those is my favorite of any tobacco juices, and seems to elevate the vape experience in a way smoking can't. It's also that sweetness that makes it possible for such an intense juice to be enjoyed for long periods.

Tobacco Impact: 5. Aggressive and complex. Probably too aggressive for many vapers, but is really just at the line of medium-strong for seasoned NET vapers. Other than the signature sweetness, this is a very pure tobacco vape with zero non-tobacco tones. The Latakia provides a lot of smoky depth. Latakia is a pretty intense tobacco, and is what will turn people off from this vape if they don't like it. It took a bit for me to adjust to the Latakia and then I noticed the flavorful and slightly leafy Virginia. I'm sure the Oriental's playing a role, but I don't have the experience yet to pick out exactly how it's shaping the vape. The complexity is deep, and after vaping a couple days I'm still picking out new notes.

Vapability: 3. Much higher grade than I would have given it for the first several hours of vaping, with the possibility of going higher. First try had me thinking; too smoky and intense, I'm not in the mood. Second attempt was close to the same, but I stuck with it. After adjusting to the aggressive tobacco, the light sweetness and layers of flavor grabbed me, and several ml later I don't want to put it down. Not an anytime vape, but perfect when in the mood for a high impact bacco. That I understood early, but to my surprise it's also working as a long session vape.

Flavor Accuracy: 5. They were going for an English blend with Apache, and that's exactly what it is. Much like London from Want2Vape and Devil Dog from Ahlusion. I got what I was expecting, similar to those with it's own unique layers and tones.

Overall: 5. Apache is a powerful tobacco experience for those who appreciate super-authentic tobacco vapes. Based on my memory of Devil Dog, it's a bit milder and sweeter than that powerhouse. I may even like it a little better, but would have to vape them side-by-side to know for sure. This isn't the type of juice I want to vape often, but always want to have on hand. Like other great Latakia inspired vapes like Devil Dog from Ahlusion and Fire-Cured from GoodeJuice, or super-authentic baccos like Blue Grass Burley from Ahlusion or the soon to be released Fire Cured from QnJ, Apache is a juice I have a lot of respect and adoration for.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread