Porch Rocker by River Bottom Fog Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Porch Rocker by River Bottom Fog Sauce (RBFS) available online at www.vapingwatch.com

The juice: Porch Rocker is a pipe tobacco blend of Burley, Virginia, Perique, Latakia, and "Flake". The site says; "This juice is the maker's tribute to the ol' Country Doctor pipe blend that was popular in the early 20 th century. This remarkable blend is the cure-all for smoking nostalgia. All 5 tobaccos combine to provide that “Old Time” flavor."

The Hardware: Mechanical mod topped by an IGO-S with 1ohm micro coil of 28ga Kanthal, wicked with Koh Gen Do cotton.

Ratings are from 1-5 depending on where a juice falls in an attributes spectrum. Only the last rating, "overall", is based on 5 being the best. (For sweetness 1 equals very dry and 5 equals very sweet. For tobacco impact 1 equals very mild tobacco and 5 equals very aggressive and/or complex.)

Sweetness: 2. There is a gentle sweetness to Porch Rocker, it's sweeter than most Latakia Blends such as the monster English blend style vapes Apache, Devil Dog, and London. The sweetness stays consistent from pull to exhale, so no dry blasts, but it's a mild sweet that comes purely from the tobaccos.

Tobacco Impact: 4. The aggressiveness is a straight medium, and it's a very complex and layered tobacco flavor. The Virginia and Burley are both present and offer a stable base for the more exotic tobaccos. They provide a little grassy/leafy flavor and hit some upper-mid notes. The Latakia used in this blend provides depth and a smoky kick. The Latakia is much less aggressive here than most Latakia blend NETs I've had, and makes this a milder vape than those. The Perique plays an important role, and is a big reason I love this so much. It drops all sorts of low and mid notes and adds a bunch of character to the blend. Finally there's "Flake" which is a cut of tobacco and not a variety, so that part's left a mystery (and a fun one if you want to try to pick it out). All these varieties have been expertly blended to create a very fine pipe experience.

Vapability: 4.5. The restrained use of Latakia makes this more approachable than the aggressive blends, so I don't need to be in a mood for a smoky kick to enjoy this. However, when I'm in the mood for that this won't hit the spot like Apache and Devil Dog. The medium impact and straight tobacco style also makes this something I'll grab for often. It holds up well to long sessions. The initial smokiness fades, but plays a role in the backround. The complexities are fairly subtle, so if I want to pick them apart I can do that or if I want to just want to relax with non-distracting tobacco I can do that too.

Flavor Accuracy: 5. A really fine example of a complex pipe tobacco blend that gets ALL of it's complexity from various varieties of tobacco without additional flavors.

Overall: 5. I love Porch Rocker. It's a similar style to Southern Gentleman from MountainOakVapors. Both contain most of the same variety of tobaccos, and are the only Latakia blend NETs I've had that use the Latakia with such restraint. When I first tried Southern Gentleman I was underwhelmed, I was disappointed that it lacked that giant campfire smoke kick. It took quite a bit before I appreciated it, but once I did I really started loving how the lighter Latakia allowed the Virginia, Burley, and other tobaccos to shine. That experience allowed me to enjoy Porch Rocker sooner that I might have, because I learned that a smoky domination isn't necessary for me to enjoy a complex pipe blend that contains Latakia. The overall flavor is enjoyable, but the real fun lies is the complexity and interplay of flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread