May 3, 2009
PA, CA

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
sweet. I don't plan on using 6v much, but I'm sure I will pick up some just for kicks.
Yeah, I am gonna call these batteries my lil demon chasers. They are only 200 mah but that is enough to get a nice little fix of HV. I am really excited to try them out, there is literally not one person or supplier in the US that carries these in the lifepo4 3.2 format and I could not find any Chinese sellers either, only manufactures. I actually started searching for these before I ordered a ultra cuz I wanted to use them in another 14500 mod and then I happen across the manual after I got the Ultra and see them mentioned there. Anyways the smallest qty that you can order is 100 from one supplier but you pay a hefty price for such a small qty and I really cant afford to buy 100 batteries anyways, so I contacted Noah and wouldnt you know it, He will do the large qty ordering! Thanks man, it was well worth the hours of searching and multiple emails that nobody would respond to lol. Hope to see them on the site soon.

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East
Yeah, I am gonna call these batteries my lil demon chasers. They are only 200 mah but that is enough to get a nice little fix of HV. I am really excited to try them out, there is literally not one person or supplier in the US that carries these in the lifepo4 3.2 format and I could not find any Chinese sellers either, only manufactures. I actually started searching for these before I ordered a ultra cuz I wanted to use them in another 14500 mod and then I happen across the manual after I got the Ultra and see them mentioned there. Anyways the smallest qty that you can order is 100 from one supplier but you pay a hefty price for such a small qty and I really cant afford to buy 100 batteries anyways, so I contacted Noah and wouldnt you know it, He will do the large qty ordering! Thanks man, it was well worth the hours of searching and multiple emails that nobody would respond to lol. Hope to see them on the site soon.

Appreciate your time and effort ata, a team effort.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Just got through TSA at SEA-TAC. Funny story:

The bag scanner flags my bag. The lady searches it and sees my Ultra. She picks it up with two fingers, places it in a bin, and asks what it is. I tell her it's an electronic cigarette. She looks at me like I'm making something up and calls over another agent. She says condescendingly "He claims it's an electronic cigarette."

The guy picks it up, smiling, and asks me "Is that the new Apex Ultra?"

Needless to say, I made it through security. If you were behind me in line, I'm sorry!

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA

The bag scanner flags my bag. The lady searches it and sees my Ultra. She picks it up with two fingers, places it in a bin, and asks what it is. I tell her it's an electronic cigarette. She looks at me like I'm making something up and calls over another agent. She says condescendingly "He claims it's an electronic cigarette."

Needless to say, I made it through security.

That just made my day!:vapor:

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East

Needless to say, I made it through security. If you were behind me in line, I'm sorry!

HAHA seriously? That's awesome. I can imagine you face - you smile and say, "yeah, actually it is".

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

Thats awesome. Usually when you say "gotta love airport security" its pretty sarcastic, but for once its actually true.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
HAHA seriously? That's awesome. I can imagine you face - you smile and say, "yeah, actually it is".

LOL I think that was my EXACT quote. How funny! He did say it was beautiful, but I get that a lot these days. ;)

Yeah, I thought they might confiscate it so I was a little worried until he said that.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
LOL I think that was my EXACT quote. How funny! He did say it was beautiful, but I get that a lot these days. ;)

Yeah, I thought they might confiscate it so I was a little worried until he said that.

I worry about that as well, so far I have only traveled with my Ultra, which I think doesn't raise eyebrows as much because the batteries are AA size. When I had an early, early prototype the standard interface was brass and it looked like a giant bullet, with the silver raw aluminum body and solid brass interface, that really had me sweating!

enigma

Jan 11, 2010
usa

i was thinking about this. i was wonderring,maybe the innovapor folks could make a flash light interface? that way the alphas would pass off as a flash light! i don't think air lines woud confiscate a tinny flash light?? just a thought , i will write them and ask them!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
i was thinking about this. i was wonderring,maybe the innovapor folks could make a flash light interface? that way the alphas would pass off as a flash light! i don't think air lines woud confiscate a tinny flash light?? just a thought , i will write them and ask them!

That probably wont happen. We don't want to start calling it something that it is not, as we are an honest business. We have a lot of people from around the world that want us to declare it as a flashlight and for only like $40. We will not do that because we do not want to cheat our way through customs. If your country does not allow electronic cigarettes, we will not send one to you. We just don't want to be put on the spot for saying it's something that it's not. I do definitely understand what you are saying though. You could always put it in a flashlight pouch and just tell them its a flashlight, maybe that would work.

enigma

Jan 11, 2010
usa
That probably wont happen. We don't want to start calling it something that it is not, as we are an honest business. We have a lot of people from around the world that want us to declare it as a flashlight and for only like $40. We will not do that because we do not want to cheat our way through customs. If your country does not allow electronic cigarettes, we will not send one to you. We just don't want to be put on the spot for saying it's something that it's not. I do definitely understand what you are saying though. You could always put it in a flashlight pouch and just tell them its a flashlight, maybe that would work.

I have to say, I like and respect your honesty!!! I also just recieved my Alpha Ultra 2 days ago. this is my first mod and probally my last! i could not be happier with this unit! well...... maybe happier order a RES! thank you guys for a great product and great service!

enigma

Jan 11, 2010
usa
I have to say, I like and respect your honesty!!! I also just recieved my Alpha Ultra 2 days ago. this is my first mod and probally my last! i could not be happier with this unit! well...... maybe happier order a RES! thank you guys for a great product and great service!

I also was not thinking about cusoms. I just would be really ...... if the airlines took my alpha if i was flying to another area where vaping would be legal is all.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

Well were just trying to make an honest living here haha. If you don't have the RES I would HIGHLY recommend getting one, it's what makes the Alphas truly unique. Just be warned, it takes some time to get used to how it works. Don't give up after just a couple days. I promise once you figure it out you will be in even more love than you already are. Welcome to the family!

I also was not thinking about cusoms. I just would be really ...... if the airlines took my alpha if i was flying to another area where vaping would be legal is all.

No arguing with you there. I would be pretty upset if I spent upwards of $250-$300 and then just had it snatched away from me by customs. The only thing you can do is make sure wherever you are going you can bring it, or just leave it at home. (Or try to pass it off as something else, say a flashlight haha).

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I'll second that.........if you don't have a RES, then you MUST get one! It's one of the things that makes this unit so unique.

I'm flying to vapefest in a few weeks & i've already told my husband that if they try to confiscate my stuff, he had better be on his way back to the airport like FAST! I just don't know who would save my stuff if they try & confiscate it on my flights home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread