Apollo E-cigs Disposable Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hey Everyone;

Just got my disposable in from Apollo E-cigs today, figured I'd post up my thoughts on it. While they billed them as "free", I did have to pay $4 to have it shipped to me. In a sense, I did have to pay for it, but $4 isn't bad for a disposable. Regardless of how much I paid for it, my review is unbiased and purely based on my first-hand experiences with it.

Hardware: This unit really is disposable in every sense: it's only one piece, not a batt/carto setup. It has a hard-top mouthpiece, two breather holes, and looks like a 510 Mega carto and 510 Mega batt put together. For what my money's worth, there's probably a 280mah batt in there, and an oversized carto filler area.

Appearance: I *really* like the looks of this unit. The Apollo logo on the side of the "filter" looks rather slick, and the flat black finish lends to it's looks. It has a red LED in the end, and a "flat" LED cap, not the LED cap that looks like an ash.

Flavor/Vapor/TH: Apollo's disposable e-cig really wins in this category, in my opinion. I'm not too big on tobacco flavors, but I kinda like the flavor in this one. It's like a rich, caramel-ish RY4/555 blend. Due to my previous experience with one-piece disposables, I was expecting for this thing to really suck in the vapor department, but that's quite the contrary...It vapes like a 510 with a LR carto on it!!! The throat hit is above-average as well. Not too much TH, but definitely not too little. Just where TH needs to be for a device of this class.

Overall Impressions: In all honesty, I think that other one-piece peddlers could learn a thing or two from Apollo's disposable e-cig. The large batt/carto mean longer life, and the flavor/vapor output are SUPERB when compared to a couple of the other one-piece disposables. I keep emphasizing one-piece because I can't honestly compare this to other "disposables" (such as the Q510) on the market...Gotta compare apples to apples, folks. And as far as these apples go, I really think this is the best one of the bunch, at least of all the ones I've tried so far (Smokeless Image, Krave, Gamucci).

Looking at the device from a marketing/demographic perspective, I think the Apollo team has the right device for the "ummm, I'm not sure if e-cigs are for me" market. If I would have started vaping with this instead of my $200 mall kiosk rip-off, I think things would have been much different back when I started, and the mall kit wouldn't have even piqued my interest. Long story short, I think that prospective vapers would be easily converted by this disposable. The price is a little out there for a one-piece, at something like $15...especially when you can get a Q510 for $8-10...However their target demographic is the uneducated/non-researching type, and I think they would enjoy it nonetheless. Could stand to be a bit cheaper, though...Given that I've been vaping for quite a bit, there's no way I would've paid the full price for this thing, especially not having known anything about it.

Alright, there's my two cents...Hope it helps!! :D

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I was lucky to be one of those who received an Apollo disposable e cig for just the cost of shipping. Thanks Apollo for opening the door for us to try this unit. I have owned my Apollo for about a week now and have used it consistently but not exclusively. It is still going strong. Having never done a review before, I will approach this in my own way.

Appearance: The Apollo is a beauty. It is slightly wider than most traditional cigarette-like electronic cigarettes and feels good in my hand. I am decidedly NOT a mod type person (and yes, I own two EGO's, a Janty Stick, a laser-mod, and a host of other mods or mod-like units.) What I want is an e cig that looks and feels like the real thing. The Apollo does that better than most.

Vapor: The Apollo produces a cloud of vapor that is satisfying and matches the vapor from KR808's, 510's, and most every other e cig or mod I have tried.

Throat Hit: The Apollo is, IMO, one of the strongest throat hits I have tried. It is excellent, in fact.

Taste: I like the taste of the tobacco flavored unit I received and feel it resembles the taste of 555. I am almost exclusively a coffee vape lover, but this one is tasty.

Durability: I did not measure the time I have used the Apollo in terms of hours, but as I said, it is still going strong after consistent but not exclusive use after a week. A couple of years ago, I tried the Ruyan disposable and loved the taste and performance, BUT it was dead within a day. This one performs better and much longer than the Ruyan.

Cost: At $12 a pop, it may be a bit costly, but Apollo does offer bulk pricing that makes it an affordable extra e cig. I believe these would be excellent for those who want to try vaping, for bars to offer as an alternative to going outside in bad weather, as back-up e cigs, and for a host of additional situations.

Final Thoughts: The Apollo disposable e cigarette is a winner in all the ways that count. It is affordable; it is sleek and handsome; it has a great throat hit and excellent vapor. In short, try one. You will not be disappointed. Personally, I am going to order a few, and although my original intention was to give it to friends: I'm keeping them for myself.

Virk

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
This is my follow up review on the Apollo disposable. I'll keep it short and just say read the comments above, this thing really works well for what it is. Looks good, tastes good, hits good and lasts a very long time.

I tried to measure how long mine lasted, there's a little guessing involved as I 'loaned' it out and it went on a road trip to the mall for Christmas shopping, everyone loved it. It was still going on day 3, I'd say it provided about 550 puffs or close to 3 packs of cigs if I'm figuring it out correctly.

The battery gave out before the liquid so I disassembled it. The cart can easily be refilled if you happen to run out of juice before the battery dies, just pop off the soft top like regular cartos and drip in, but I don't think any will run dry, it holds a lot of juice!

Very happy with it, this is the perfect gift for getting someone to try out for the first time just to see what it is. It's also a great item to have stashed away for emergencies, or for times you don't want to carry your regular one around like maybe camping or boating.

I'd say the price is in line or equal to analogs, it's not a savings but it is a huge convenience!
They have bulk rates which would make this a better deal if you were going to get a bunch.
Anyway, there you have it, if you know someone who is on the fence about vaping, this will do the trick!

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
$12.00 each? Plus shipping? Ouch.

It may be a nice unit, but I don't really like the idea of a disposable. Why throw away a battery after two days, when mini batteries last for months, and you can have multiple recharged batteries available? I would need to keep ordering disposables to make sure I don't run out, so I'm going to have to have probably five units to feel comfortable that a storm or shipping delay isn't going to see me walking down the street for a pack of analogs.

Five units = $60 + shipping. That's the cost of a 510 kit, with a PCC, two batteries and a bunch of carts.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
$12.00 each? Plus shipping? Ouch.

It may be a nice unit, but I don't really like the idea of a disposable. Why throw away a battery after two days, when mini batteries last for months, and you can have multiple recharged batteries available? I would need to keep ordering disposables to make sure I don't run out, so I'm going to have to have probably five units to feel comfortable that a storm or shipping delay isn't going to see me walking down the street for a pack of analogs.

Five units = $60 + shipping. That's the cost of a 510 kit, with a PCC, two batteries and a bunch of carts.

It's really not meant as a replacement for your usual unit. It is nice to have on hand to give away, to use in case your 510 suddenly fails, as a novelty, etc. Add to that the fact that it is an excellent little e cig for $12, and I say it's a winner for what it is meant to do.

webvapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
San Francisco
My new go to pv. I have the Extreme Kit (906), which I absolutely had to have after giving the disposable a whirl. I had been wanting to switch to autos for a while, and my first instinct is always to shop local whenever possible. It's good to know I won't be waiting a week for my supplies, but more importantly, the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. I've had 2 disposables and they lasted nearly two weeks each, but to be fair it is a back up to my 906. I've definitely found my new supplier.

Congratulations Apollo for following through on your promise to sell cartomizer kits. The Extreme 906 has been great. I hope to see Apollo ecigs accessible in the SF Bay Area at every corner, instead of those overpriced knockoffs at 7-11 and the poor uninformed head shops mean well but end up stocking 40dollar pure smoke kits that seem like a good deal until someone tries them. They don't know any better so they end up giving up and going back to the dark side. Apollo is official and I'm proud to say I'm a customer and as a fellow Californian, a supporter.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
As others said, an excellent choice for someone either just contemplating switching, a test run if they don't know a vaper they can borrow from, or for someone who is a very occasional smoker, recognizes that even then vaping is better for them than smoking.

webvapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
San Francisco
WebVapor, I agree with your assessment of the Apollo disposables. When I get some money together, I am probably ordering a 906. Apollo is a class act supplier. Before buying the 906, did you try any other cartomizer types? If so, how does it compare to KR808's or Bloog?

I was actually going to try the kr808s next, before I found Apollo. Never tried the Bloog. My go to cartomizers were for the 510 manual. The amount of vapor you get from the 510 set up is outrageous. Too much for me actually, to the point of being an unrealistic "smoking" experience, but suffice it to say some people like that, but for me, the 906 pull is much more realistic and what I was looking for when going from manuals to autos. For people that like the 510 cartos, I spoke with them recently and they are doing to be offering 510 manual set ups soon, so be on the look out if that's your thing.

For me, I'm sold on the 906 :2cool:

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I was actually going to try the kr808s next, before I found Apollo. Never tried the Bloog. My go to cartomizers were for the 510 manual. The amount of vapor you get from the 510 set up is outrageous. Too much for me actually, to the point of being an unrealistic "smoking" experience, but suffice it to say some people like that, but for me, the 906 pull is much more realistic and what I was looking for when going from manuals to autos. For people that like the 510 cartos, I spoke with them recently and they are doing to be offering 510 manual set ups soon, so be on the look out if that's your thing.

For me, I'm sold on the 906 :2cool:

I want vapor, but at some point, it becomes less important than throat hit and flavor. I am unsold on 510's after owning scads of them over the past two years, including the EGO. So, how is the throat hit and flavor on the 906? I am definitely sold on Apollo, so I want to give them business. I am also tired of spending money on new things when I have one that I love now: the MaxxFusion. I am, however, not loving its pricing. So, the question of throat hit and vapor remains: how is it?

thall12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
NY
www.facebook.com
I have been using the Apollo Standard kit and I love it, but I still wanted to smoke regular cigarettes. This is a testimony to my personality more so than the product. The product is wonderful! Authentic tasting, good hit, great vapor. For heavy smokers such as myself batteries go rather quickly.

So I decided to try the tgo tank kit, I LOVE it, just what I have been looking for. It is very authentic, battery lasts close to 2 days and a tank lasts almost all day.

They offer the free disposable if you order $60 or more.

They have wonderful customer service and they ship very fast with priority shipping which is free if you order $60 or more. I have tried several e cigs before I settle with Apollo, and now I am sticking with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread