Apollo Sahara e-liquid issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan404

Jul 7, 2013
Florida, USA
I am hoping to get some feedback from people that have used this specific e-liquid.

I was turned on to the Sahara line of e-liquid as part of a sample set that I purchased with my new Apollo starter kit. The sample was amazing and I thought it was going to be a fitting replacement to the Camel Turkish tobacco that I had smoked for 13 years.

I purchased a large 30mL bottle to replace the sampler and it is totally disgusting! The smell is similar, but it takes strange, almost like a spoiled milk flavor in addition to the Sahara flavor.

I contacted the customer support via email. Sophia from customer service told me that the liquid needed "steeping" for a week or two. I read up on this and am keeping it in a dark place. Should I leave the cap off and shake it up periodically with this e-liquid? I've seen conflicting advice on how to steep, and some people say it depends on the specific recipe.

Has anyone else had this experience? Could steeping really remove this spoiled flavour?

I got a bottle of Ry4 to hold me over in the meantime, it tastes just like the sample, and is quite amazing right out of the envelope.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Never used that particular liquid unfortunately, but I find a great way to steep most of my DIY flavors is a hot water bath, capped, then shake, uncap, and let sit for a few days to taste, capping and shaking again at least every 24hrs for a bottle of that size, possibly more if you have the time and remember to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread