Status
Not open for further replies.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
Hi All and thanks in advace for any information you may share. I started about 6 weeks ago with the Apollo Extreme Kit and last week rec'd the Apollo TGo kit.

With the Extreme, I ended up with 4 batteries (280 mah) and 2 chargers, using refillable cartomizers from Apollo.

The TGo is two batteries (900 mah), two atomizers and 5 tanks. The batteries are compatable with the Exteme cartomizers.

First 3-4 hits with the TGo were great although I noticed a reduction in flavor. I'm using ECBlends juices, 50/50, 24 mgm. nic. After that, thinner vapor and hot and harsh. Backing off on my draw seemed to improve it but if I wanted to back off on my draw, I'd find some Taryton or Parliament analogs :facepalm:.

I "chatted" with an Apollo agent who suggested less nic...see above.

I've gone back to cartomizers using the TGo batteries, which are good for over a day. Soooo....... is it possible to get the same performance from the atomizers/tanks and is there any advantage? I'll just send the attys/tanks back and exchange for cartomizers if not.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Hi All and thanks in advace for any information you may share. I started about 6 weeks ago with the Apollo Extreme Kit and last week rec'd the Apollo TGo kit.

With the Extreme, I ended up with 4 batteries (280 mah) and 2 chargers, using refillable cartomizers from Apollo.

The TGo is two batteries (900 mah), two atomizers and 5 tanks. The batteries are compatable with the Exteme cartomizers.

First 3-4 hits with the TGo were great although I noticed a reduction in flavor. I'm using ECBlends juices, 50/50, 24 mgm. nic. After that, thinner vapor and hot and harsh. Backing off on my draw seemed to improve it but if I wanted to back off on my draw, I'd find some Taryton or Parliament analogs :facepalm:.

I "chatted" with an Apollo agent who suggested less nic...see above.

I've gone back to cartomizers using the TGo batteries, which are good for over a day. Soooo....... is it possible to get the same performance from the atomizers/tanks and is there any advantage? I'll just send the attys/tanks back and exchange for cartomizers if not.

The rep isn't very familiar with his product if he blamed the nic level for the harsh hot hits. With the Tgo(ego-t) you cant really use juice as thick as 50/50 as it wont wick very well, and you will get that harsh scratchy hit, which is the atomizer telling you it's dry. If you keep having the problem and don't correct it, I'll list a few possibilities below, you can possibly burn the wick in your atomizer and even burn out the atomizer itself, both of which will make all juices on that atomizer taste burnt.

First I would have to suggest finding a thinner juice for your tanks, I preferred 80/20 for those tanks, that should help with the wicking. Also don't fill the tanks all the way up, leave about 3 mm from the top to also help with wicking.

Second I would make sure the spike in your atomizer is puncturing that tank properly, if you can tell it's pushed in I would give it a half turn to help it out.

Third if you're still having problems with multiple tanks and atomizers I would just get cartomizers, really I suggest most people wanting to get an ego to shoot for cartomizers anyway as they're easier to use, and will easily out preform those tanks in all aspects.

Hope something there helps, and if you're having this problem with the Tgo and cartomizers let me know.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
Thanks, Renzuli. I'm sure if it weren't for this forum, I would be curled up in bed sucking my thumb. I'd been smoking for years and did not think I would ever quit. This ecig stuff is a Godsend.

I'm not having any trouble with cartomizers. I even got some blunt needle tip caps for my juice bottles and can fill a carto in no time. My issues are with the attys and tanks. If there is no big advantage, I'll just use the cartomizers (for now....that Vtube may have my name on it).

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Thanks, Renzuli. I'm sure if it weren't for this forum, I would be curled up in bed sucking my thumb. I'd been smoking for years and did not think I would ever quit. This ecig stuff is a Godsend.

I'm not having any trouble with cartomizers. I even got some blunt needle tip caps for my juice bottles and can fill a carto in no time. My issues are with the attys and tanks. If there is no big advantage, I'll just use the cartomizers (for now....that Vtube may have my name on it).

Yeah, I'd drop the tanks, they seem really nice at first, but are more trouble than their worth. I'd say get your hands on some dual coil cartos in place of that tank system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread